New 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 bin for 256M

Guest jiego

Guest thenext1

I have to amend my impressions on Google Maps. It works correctly on wifi, too, now.

Unfortunately this firmware still suffers from the battery consumption problem, related (maybe) to the proximity sensor.

And I find the browser a little slow though...even without flash, some websites are much laggier than with 2.1..and also crashes to home, from time to time (flash still disabled).

Guest fergard

I'm using this rom for a couple of days and I'm very impressed with the battery life. Got it yesterday from the charging, used 2G only mode with some WiFi (1-2 hours), GPS/Mobile Internet (30 mins), 10-20 sms and about a half hour talking as a phone - and now the battery is only at 60%. Looks great.

Guest devoluti0n

I'm using it with the roggin rom. I noticed the battery life is absolutely excellent !

Last night, I set it in plane mod, and I'm keeping the screen always ON due to the my alarm app : Gentle alarm.

This morning, I put it on and I check : still 100%, 99% 2 seconds after...

Edited by devoluti0n

Also for me this rom is working fine. would only speed up a little, maybe removing some acer stuff that run in background.

Edited by Ricky`

I have to amend my impressions on Google Maps. It works correctly on wifi, too, now.

Unfortunately this firmware still suffers from the battery consumption problem,

For those (still) having battery consumption issues: it is NOT related with the firmware. I have this and the previous one and battery life is fabulous easily reaching 2 days with the usual stuff I do. It used to last 1 - 1.5 days at most with first leaks or 2.1/LCR/LS.

I advice you to do:

- a factory reset BEFORE installing the ROM

- boot and root

- use Root Explorer to delete older/non wanted apps (flash, DTG, all Acer stuff, Youtube, etc)

- AFTER that factory reset again (it will free more space and will not install that stuff)

- ready to go with a stable, fast and battery saving ROM

- install everything updated

Guest thenext1
For those (still) having battery consumption issues: it is NOT related with the firmware. I have this and the previous one and battery life is fabulous easily reaching 2 days with the usual stuff I do. It used to last 1 - 1.5 days at most with first leaks or 2.1/LCR/LS.

I advice you to do:

- a factory reset BEFORE installing the ROM

- boot and root

- use Root Explorer to delete older/non wanted apps (flash, DTG, all Acer stuff, Youtube, etc)

- AFTER that factory reset again (it will free more space and will not install that stuff)

- ready to go with a stable, fast and battery saving ROM

- install everything updated

Thank you, but flashing the .bin file completely wipes the phone, so how does a factory reset matter before flashing?

I alrady removed unused Acer apps + DTG with Ti Backup, but did not factory reset after. Maybe I'll do just the reset, even if i'm not confident it will work, having done it before.

I want to add that the browser feels VERY sluggish, especially the stuttering scroll, in many websites that used to be silk-smooth before. Maybe it's because of the new animated gif support?

Also the phone seems it's low on memory because it starts to kill apps and browser tabs by the time I open the 4th tab, and I frequently have to wait seconds in an empty screen before an app reloads...

Does anyone know this rom contains the dolby mobile?

Since from the first leak, it seems that the settings for dolby mobile is "hidden"

I'd like to know whether this rom have the DM before I flash it. :P

Guest Harness

Since from the first leak, it seems that the settings for dolby mobile is "hidden"

Do not believe so.

Furthermore, clear cache/dalvik before flashing @ post above am5a03

How do we un"hidden" the dolby mobile if there is any? i can test on my A1 as it is power by this rom now.

How do we un"hidden" the dolby mobile if there is any? i can test on my A1 as it is power by this rom now.

From the previous leak, it is under the launcher pro activities (pressing the desktop->LauncherPro Activities), clicking Settings inside, you could find com.android.settings.AcerDolby. However, the phone will get restart if you try to do any settings.

o... If you can't find that in a normal way, then it seems that DM is not gonna work. :P

How sad...

With this rom I have "soft" reboots sometimes without Uptime reset. Just appeared blue "android" text with specific sound for 10 secs. Anybody knows what is this?

Guest Intenso74
With this rom I have "soft" reboots sometimes without Uptime reset. Just appeared blue "android" text with specific sound for 10 secs. Anybody knows what is this?

If the sound is some kind of tingling, it's the stock acer boot screen.

I have that echo issue also on my rom (see my signature)..

What rom you had before that doesn't have that problem?

I've installed this rom 2 hours after the phone was bought, so this is the only rom tested :P Infact i'm asking if this issue is normal. ;) I don't know if stock 1.6/2.1 has this problem...

Guest astuermer
I have that echo issue also on my rom (see my signature)..

What rom you had before that doesn't have that problem?

My girlfriend too told me, she heard an echo when phoning me on my Acer Liquid.

I had installed: 4.002.14

Now I flashed back my backup with 4.504b.00 (which I had before).

Everything's fine.

PS: Also I experienced some battery lag with the 4.002.14 version.

Guest Alexzandro

So, I bought a new car with speech controls, HFT Bluetooth telephone and so on, and I needed a fully functional phone and I got it, flashed this .bin ( a little hassle with three ....failed message in between, but ACER TOOLS went on and finished successfully ) , the release is operational and BT is working well, finally, but I encountered some disadvantages, after rebooting I flashed Malez rec. with the full automatic procedure and I rooted ( system 1.1 with the little ninja , even if opening the app. shows nothing inside superuser ) and I tried restoring for example Titanium BK, but all my tries stopped with STARTING DOWNLOAD in Android Market and nothing else happens. This from yesterday, I tried via WIFI and Data plan connection, nothing !

I also tried the first two UNLOCK MARKET systems with Malez REC, nothing changed and I give up for the moment and decided to ask on the forum.

Any help will be much appreciated .

Alessandro

Guest jayziac

The market is flaky often, so I would say try it again in different times. Superuser doesn't show anything until an app requests root, then a popup dialog appears and if you grant it access and save the choice, then it'll show up in the superuser app.

Guest Alexzandro

Many thanks jayziac for the kind reply,

release is I believe ( NOT )fully operational, something slugghish in nav. ( with the standard browser), but I understand opens the pages with flash inside browser page, so is something more accurate than before ( OCing should improve performance , naturally ) .

I also placed a request to Malez in the recovery section with LOG attached, if You want to have a look.

Regards

Alessandro

edit : ( NOT ) : everytime I touch phone if 1) It is connected in the car with BT 2) It is in www browsing and playing some video and I receive a call > IT FREEZES, touch is no more operational and I have to open it and reset with the little switch on the back.

Edited by Alexzandro

Guest oyveggen

Am I the only one experiencing a lot more lag with this one than previous (stock 2.1) ROM? Not only with home screen/launcher, but also within applications, in particular the menu and 'back' buttons. It must have something to do with the 256 MB? Can I change memory settings somewhere to improve this?

I am using Launcherpro and I think it is a little bit but not much faster than stock.

i don't know why but my battery life has gone from bad to worse, using basic android UI & battery has gone from 100% to 50% in six hours! only wifi on % no surfin etc.

this sucks!

:)

Guest jayziac

I would suggest you guys update to the FroyoMetal ROM, it's more updated and faster than the latest official Froyo (4.002.14). It's fairly stock Acer and since Liquid A1/E devices are probably going to be retired soon, Acer won't be updating them as much as the Liquid Metal.

BTW, I didn't notice any major battery problems when I ran 4.002.14 for about 1-2 weeks.

Guest thenext1
Am I the only one experiencing a lot more lag with this one than previous (stock 2.1) ROM? Not only with home screen/launcher, but also within applications, in particular the menu and 'back' buttons. It must have something to do with the 256 MB? Can I change memory settings somewhere to improve this?

I am using Launcherpro and I think it is a little bit but not much faster than stock.

Either that, or this rom was specifically optimized for LiquidE. In fact, it will not flash with acer's pretty flash utility, citing right on the 256 vs 512 MB difference in the phone, and you have to use the old acer tool. On the other hand, Eclair flashed just fine with the stock utility.