[ROM] ZTE Blade Stock ROMs

Guest Sebastian404

Well, that didn't workout too well...

Im going to be traveling for the rest of this week, I'll see if I come across any better internets as I go

Not a problem.Enjoy your vacation/business trip!

Guest Ice-berg

Hello. I have a problem, as I understand stock ROM must be installed like any other- in recovery(apply any zip from sd).

I chose Play (Poland): ZTE Blade(PLAY_P729VV1.0.0B03) and when I try to install in recovery nothing happens- returns me to the main menu in recovery.

Is there something I am doing wrong? These ROMs are ready to install (from the first page in this Thread)?

Edited by Ice-berg

Guest vareBlade
Hello. I have a problem, as I understand stock ROM must be installed like any other- in recovery(apply any zip from sd).

I chose Play (Poland): ZTE Blade(PLAY_P729VV1.0.0B03) and when I try to install in recovery nothing happens- returns me to the main menu in recovery.

Is there something I am doing wrong? These ROMs are ready to install (from the first page in this Thread)?

Are you sure the zip file isnt damaged? Did you wipe data/cache?

Guest Ice-berg

Yes, wipe was made several times. The file(ZIP) is fine, received a few times-each time the same thing... Also, several of my friends have the same problem with stock ROMs from PLAY-Poland. I have no idea why it throws me to the main menu in recovery when I try to install stock ROM.

Guest hecatae
I've dumped it, my OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.zip contains:

boot.img

checksum.md5

config.gz

recovery.img

system.info.gz

system.tar.gz

1. There's no userdata image... but is there anything else sensitive in there I need to delete before uploading it to a yousendit or something?

2. Also, I used romdump to do it, not ADB stuff. Is that a problem?

3. Is there anything else you want me to check before I put a new rom on it?

4. Seb (or anyone!) could you direct me to advice or instructions to turning this romdump into a TPT recovery image? I'd really like to be able to get back to this vanilla (albeit orange) state if I want to. I've found the following link and lots of guides for making update.zips... but I'd definitely like to do ain install.zip for simple recovery. Any advice would be appreciated!

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ack_Boot_Images

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.zip download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x5oicc

right, I've grabbed the boot.img and the system folder and made a signed_update.zip, just going to check it boots

yup ugly orange boot animation

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...t/#entry1600928

follow above link if you want a stock Orange UK B10 TPT image

Edited by hecatae

Here's rom dump from my San Francisco. It's from Orange (Poland).

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ny1oyart46av5u

edit:

One question: Since I have this ROM (OPL_P729BV1.0.0B05) does it mean that I have Blade with OLED screen?

I've read that if ROM version ends with B05, it means you have Blade with OLED Screen.

Edited by Clunk

Guest fonix232

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ny1oyart46av5u

edit:

One question: Since I have this ROM (OPL_P729BV1.0.0B05) does it mean that I have Blade with OLED screen?

I've read that if ROM version ends with B05, it means you have Blade with OLED Screen.

In the UK, but not other countries.

In the UK, but not other countries.

After doing that ROM dump I looked inside 'config' file and there, in section 'LCD Panel', is a line

CONFIG_FB_MSM_LCDC_OLED_WVGA_PANEL=y
it's the only type of screen that is set, all other are commented like below:
# CONFIG_FB_MSM_LCDC_PRISM_WVGA_PANEL is not set

# CONFIG_FB_MSM_LCDC_V9_WVGA_PANEL is not set

Does it mean I actually have OSF/Blade with OLED screen?

edit:

Nevermind, I've already found the answer.

@Sebastian404

Can you make a recovery file from ROM dump I posted earlier? I would appreciate that, thanks.

Edited by Clunk

Guest Sebastian404

thanks,

I have made the update from that and uploaded it to the sites(s) linked on the first page.

Guest Sebastian404
Yes, wipe was made several times. The file(ZIP) is fine, received a few times-each time the same thing... Also, several of my friends have the same problem with stock ROMs from PLAY-Poland. I have no idea why it throws me to the main menu in recovery when I try to install stock ROM.

I have checked my local copy and it installs on my OUK blade...

did you check the MD5 ? it should be d4859e2f2af49d3907f355dacc9c1e64

Guest Evanb78

Thanks Sebastian404 and Phoenix Silver for bringing back the ROMs online. I've got two noob questions:

1. Can I use any version of ClockworkMod to flash back the stock ROMs? I currently have the ClockworkMod v2.5.1.8.

2. I've purchased the Swiss Blade from someone who had already installed a custom ROM without taking a backup of its stock ROM first. He also doesn't know which of the two available Swiss ROMs was originally on the Blade. Since I need to bring back my Blade for service, can I install any of the two available Swiss ROMs (without causing problems to the device and without the service people noticing that perhaps it's the wrong ROM)?

Guest Sebastian404
Thanks Sebastian404 and Phoenix Silver for bringing back the ROMs online. I've got two noob questions:

1. Can I use any version of ClockworkMod to flash back the stock ROMs? I currently have the ClockworkMod v2.5.1.8.

2. I've purchased the Swiss Blade from someone who had already installed a custom ROM without taking a backup of its stock ROM first. He also doesn't know which of the two available Swiss ROMs was originally on the Blade. Since I need to bring back my Blade for service, can I install any of the two available Swiss ROMs (without causing problems to the device and without the service people noticing that perhaps it's the wrong ROM)?

any version of clockwork should work, tho the latest is always recommended.

I guess it depends where you planning on taking it back to, one is from OK, Mobile and other is from Orange... flash the firmware of which every your taking to back to.

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Evanb78

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So since it's recommended, I guess that I have to replace the ClockworkMod v2.5.1.8 with the latest v3.0.0.6, flash the stock ROM, remove the ClockworkMod, and remove the Superboot (?) before sending it back.

Regarding which of the two available Swiss ROMs is the correct one, I think there is some confusion on their naming. My understanding is that there is only one Swiss provider, the "OK Mobile". There's no Orange. Just the first batch of the Blades that were available by "OK Mobile", were branded with the Orange logo.

Could any Swiss member confirm that in order to install the correct Swiss ROM?

Guest Sebastian404
So since it's recommended, I guess that I have to replace the ClockworkMod v2.5.1.8 with the latest v3.0.0.6, flash the stock ROM, remove the ClockworkMod, and remove the Superboot (?) before sending it back.

All you need to do is install the stock reovery image, it will overwrite the boot and recovery partitions too...

Regarding which of the two available Swiss ROMs is the correct one, I think there is some confusion on their naming. My understanding is that there is only one Swiss provider, the "OK Mobile". There's no Orange. Just the first batch of the Blades that were available by "OK Mobile", were branded with the Orange logo.

hmmm, Thats a bit odd, there is only 3 days between the two versions of the ROM, the OK, Mobile one being first..

I dont recall but I thought the OK, Mobile one did have OK,Mobile branding.... I guess try them both and see is the answer...

Guest Evanb78

Thanks a million Seb! :D

Just to clarify:

All you need to do is install the stock reovery image, it will overwrite the boot and recovery partitions too...

Does that mean that I *only* need to flash the stock ROM file from the first page in order to *completely* restore the phone to its factory settings? The ClockworkMod and the (possible) Superboot are removed automatically after flashing a stock ROM?

If that's the case then it's easier that I thought and read on some guides.

Edited by Evanb78

Guest Sebastian404
Thanks a million Seb! :D

Just to clarify:

Does that mean that I *only* need to flash the stock ROM file from the first page in order to *completely* restore the phone to its factory settings? The ClockworkMod and the (possible) Superboot are removed automatically after flashing a stock ROM?

Yes all you need to do is install the stock recovery image, it will overwrite the boot and recovery partitions.

Guest Evanb78

Thanks for clarifying that and my apologies for the noob questions but even if I flashed many custom ROMs, I couldn't flash a stock ROM since they weren't available until recently.

Thank you again for you prompt replies and help! :D

Edited by Evanb78

Just to clarify:

There is a provider Orange in switzerland. ok-mobile (ok-mobile.ch) is just a selling brand of Valora (kkiosk.ch). The ok-mobile phones have an additional black board around the box with with ok-mobile writing.

The blade phones of Orange & OK-Mobile are sim-locked. Orange refuses warranty if you hack your phone to remove sim lock (whatever that means).

http://www1.orange.ch/business_products_sim-lock.html

Hope that helped. If you need a ok-mobile original rom, I could provide one for OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01

regards from CH

EMBE

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Could any Swiss member confirm that in order to install the correct Swiss ROM?

Guest Evanb78
Just to clarify:

There is a provider Orange in switzerland. ok-mobile (ok-mobile.ch) is just a selling brand of Valora (kkiosk.ch). The ok-mobile phones have an additional black board around the box with with ok-mobile writing.

Thanks for clarifying EMBE. Unfortunately, it gets more confusing for me now. According to the receipt, the Blade was purchased from a "K Kiosk" so I assume that it's an "OK.-Mobile" Blade. However, there isn't any black board around the box with with ok-mobile writing. The box has only the Orange logo with everything on it written in English.

Since this is already OT of the current thread, I hope that you don't mind if I send you a PM with a photo of the box and a little more info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mELIANTE

I got a new Optimus San Francisco here and the rom in it is ro.build.sw_internal_version=OPT_P729BV1.0.0B08 instead of ...0B07 and ro.build.date=Tue Jan 25 10:33:26 CST 2011.

I just made a romdump of it, if I uploaded could an update.zip be created from that? :huh:

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest mELIANTE

Well, it appears that nobody is interested in this, and Seb404 is MIA :(

I went ahead and used an update zip from other rom with recovery and packed the Optimus files inside, replacing the other rom's files.

Here it is, if someone is interested. It is not resigned.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KRTN8GR4

Sorry for multiple posting, it's just to keep this noticeable in case Seb404 is watching, so he can take care of it :(

Edited by mELIANTE