** NEW STOCK ** 30 minute to stock allocation (14:45)

Guest Drizz

Guest space_cowboy1985
Out of interest what time did you guys receive your confirmation email, mine came at 15:43 followed by 2 at 15:54 saying being processed then another at 15:54 saying potential delay etc...

Cheers

I got my confirmation at 15:41:29

Guest Genieuk

order ack 15:39

2 confirmation emails 15:49

No further emails.

I had made sure I had logged in and entered all my details prior to refreshing every 10 seconds! So then I just needed to buy and complete the checkout process as fast as I could!

Guest deadite66
I had made sure I had logged in and entered all my details prior to refreshing every 10 seconds! So then I just needed to buy and complete the checkout process as fast as I could!

Same, signed into both pcworld and dixons just incase.

Guest space_cowboy1985

Gutted just got of the phone to PC world... They have yet to allocate stock to my order! As far as I know every body has either got sorry email or a putting your order together email. Looks Im in no mans land.

Guest nigelpwilson
Gutted just got of the phone to PC world... They have yet to allocate stock to my order! As far as I know every body has either got sorry email or a putting your order together email. Looks Im in no mans land.

Join the club mate,

I got the preparing order for delivery email, followed by the following 1 min later ...

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your recent Currys order.

Unfortunately we may have a problem with progressing your order within the timescale indicated on our website. We will contact you shortly to discuss the matter with you, but in the meantime please accept our apologies for the potential delay.

Your order number: CURxxxxxxxxx

What happens next?

We will contact you to discuss your order.

Join the club mate,

I got the preparing order for delivery email, followed by the following 1 min later ...

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your recent Currys order.

Unfortunately we may have a problem with progressing your order within the timescale indicated on our website. We will contact you shortly to discuss the matter with you, but in the meantime please accept our apologies for the potential delay.

Your order number: CURxxxxxxxxx

What happens next?

We will contact you to discuss your order.

I had the same email...when I called them yesterday they said that there was no stock and I should allow upto 28 days!

That was PC World. In the meantime, I've hedged my bets and placed an order on Pixmania too with the discount code making the total £191 - saving nearly £60 on the PC World price... That way even if I get the PC World one first I can return it freepost according to their customer services. Going to call Pixmania today to see how long they think it will take to get them in stock and sent out.

Guest debs626

Just so you know ... all who are waiting for emails/confirmation/despatch ....

I ordered my Vega the first day they were on sale, I only ever received an order acknowledgement and nothing more ! Ordered it Friday and received it Tuesday with absolutely no communication from Dixons and DHL at all. So don't give up hope !!

Edited by debs626

Guest nigelpwilson
I had the same email...when I called them yesterday they said that there was no stock and I should allow upto 28 days!

That was PC World. In the meantime, I've hedged my bets and placed an order on Pixmania too with the discount code making the total £191 - saving nearly £60 on the PC World price... That way even if I get the PC World one first I can return it freepost according to their customer services. Going to call Pixmania today to see how long they think it will take to get them in stock and sent out.

Good idea...let me know what they say mate

Cheers

jus had a call from Currys, a security check on my order or something, asking address, DOB and order value and item, at the end he said he will approve and progress the order.

I just called Dixons, they said my order went through after stock had run out. However there appears to be a Vega sized hole in my 'available funds' so we'll see.

Good idea...let me know what they say mate

Cheers

Spoke to Pixmania - they needed to refer my query on stock/delivery time to headoffice and will let me know by email within 24hours when they expect to send them out.

Just spoken to PC World re the delayed despatch email - the chap was quite helpful - my money has been ringfenced by both the bank and PC World, but won't actually be taken until I have recieved/Signed for the Vega. He also mentioned they have never seen something fly out of stock like this before and they have had thousands sold in the last few weeks.

I think I'm on a forward order so will be allocated one on their next intake, but again they are calling me back to let me know when this will be.

EDIT - Also:

Worth noting to those who got the delay message - the PCW chap had to read through a note before he started speakign to me, and he muttered some of it allowed. According to the note, they had to send out quite a few of these notices and because there are so many they aren't going to be calling everyone who recieved one as the email we recieved suggests. Basically someone higher up in PCW telling their customer services staff to expect a few calls re the Vega orders.

Edited by pdej

Guest nigelpwilson
Spoke to Pixmania - they needed to refer my query on stock/delivery time to headoffice and will let me know by email within 24hours when they expect to send them out.

Just spoken to PC World re the delayed despatch email - the chap was quite helpful - my money has been ringfenced by both the bank and PC World, but won't actually be taken until I have recieved/Signed for the Vega. He also mentioned they have never seen something fly out of stock like this before and they have had thousands sold in the last few weeks.

I think I'm on a forward order so will be allocated one on their next intake, but again they are calling me back to let me know when this will be.

EDIT - Also:

Worth noting to those who got the delay message - the PCW chap had to read through a note before he started speakign to me, and he muttered some of it allowed. According to the note, they had to send out quite a few of these notices and because there are so many they aren't going to be calling everyone who recieved one as the email we recieved suggests. Basically someone higher up in PCW telling their customer services staff to expect a few calls re the Vega orders.

Ok thanks for that, as far as I know I'm on a forward order as well....will be interesting to see how all this pans out, talk about stressful :P

Ok thanks for that, as far as I know I'm on a forward order as well....will be interesting to see how all this pans out, talk about stressful :P

Just had a callback from PCW. He's had to refer to someone else as well who should get back before the end of the day.

Just for an idea of scale he said there's -102 orders now (someone said it was -7 yesterday?). All will have had their money ringfenced by the sounds of it (not taken by DSG yet, but reserved by them).

Just had the PCworld call re security for my order. The guy said there is no stock on his system but he thought there would be a delivery later in the week. So i guess i'm on forward order as well then :P

What with the weather up here there is a slim chance it will be delivered anyway :D

Just to let you all know i just recieved a standard form email about preparing for delivery but it has on it that its forward ordered with no estimated date :P this is after the security call.

Just had the PCworld call re security for my order. The guy said there is no stock on his system but he thought there would be a delivery later in the week. So i guess i'm on forward order as well then :P

What with the weather up here there is a slim chance it will be delivered anyway :D

Just had the same call from Dixons, sounds like I'm on forward order too.

Guest James Muscat

Just had an E-mail from DSG...

I am writing to inform you that the ADVENT - Vega Internet Tablet that you

have ordered is currently out of stock.

If you would like to browse the website to see if there is any alternative

product matching the price then we will be able to swap the product.

If no alternative can be found or if you wish to cancel the order please give us a call.

We will be happy to refund you.

Please can you contact us within 24 hours to resolve or we will have to assume that you want us to cancel the order.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this has caused.

:P

Guest Bobbler
Bobbler - you know you can order online and despite what any terms and conditions a retailer gives you, you legally have upto 7 days to cancel the order from the time it arrives with you. THat way as long as you are careful, you can have a play and if you decide it's not for you, then you can return it - and get a full refund including the original postage (if any).

Yeah I know, but it's more wanting to use it back to back with other devices like the Ipad, Archos 101 and the Tab to see which I like best. If I had the money I would order all 4 and do just that :P

Pay day in two days though, will see what the stock is like then...