** NEW STOCK ** 30 minute to stock allocation (14:45)

Guest Drizz

Guest mjm2000

I got a order acknowledgement email from currys at 15:39 on Saturday. I got another email today from Currys saying Your order (CUR*********) is on its way and will be delivered to you by DHL. Look like I was one of the lucky ones

Guest whatkatedoes

WooHoo! Got my currys DHL confirmation + tracking number... but reckon I'll have to wait a wee bit longer due to the bloody snow closing the A9 at its whim!

Guest friedgoldmole
so do pcworld use a different courier than currys?

Has anyone who ordered from pc world had a shipping confirmation/ tracking number mail yet? I haven't but when I spoke to someone earlier they seemed to suggest it had been sent.

Guest nerdlinger
Has anyone who ordered from pc world had a shipping confirmation/ tracking number mail yet? I haven't but when I spoke to someone earlier they seemed to suggest it had been sent.

I ordered from PCWorld, had a couple of emails on the weekend regarding confirmation, although the product title on my order still says 'ADVENT - Vega Internet Tablet - Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock next week'.

Nothing since, no calls, no emails, zilch, nada, zip :P

They took my money immediately.

BTW Just seen this tweet from @AdventVega

No stock update today. Will try and get some information tomorrow. Will also try and get firm information on the dock. Watch this space

Guest marmankites

PC World...

1st Email... 27 November 2010 15:40

2nd Email... 27 November 2010 15:45

Phoned today and they said my order was completed but there was no stock? Guy on the phone was not helpful at all. Cannot see any money taken on my online banking either

AAAHHH

Guest nerdlinger
PC World...

1st Email... 27 November 2010 15:40

2nd Email... 27 November 2010 15:45

Phoned today and they said my order was completed but there was no stock? Guy on the phone was not helpful at all. Cannot see any money taken on my online banking either

AAAHHH

Order confirmation 15:39

2nd & 3rd emails at 15:45 and 15:46 (One had a PDF attached, the other didn't).

I'll give them a call first thing to find out what's going on.

Guest marmankites
Order confirmation 15:39

2nd & 3rd emails at 15:45 and 15:46 (One had a PDF attached, the other didn't).

I'll give them a call first thing to find out what's going on.

Cheers , I have a PDF on my second email with my order info on it

Guest nigelpwilson

So my money has been taken out of bank today, but still no emails apart from the out of stock ones, and customer services never rang back like they said they would ! lets see if anything more unfolds today. I cant hold out much longer, my finger is hovering over the buy button on the Archos 101....arghh

Guest friedgoldmole
So my money has been taken out of bank today, but still no emails apart from the out of stock ones, and customer services never rang back like they said they would ! lets see if anything more unfolds today. I cant hold out much longer, my finger is hovering over the buy button on the Archos 101....arghh

Just got off the phone to pc world as still not had a shipping email, nor a phone call to say it's not coming. They said I should get a shipping email today so yet again fingers crossed.

Guest nigelpwilson
Just got off the phone to pc world as still not had a shipping email, nor a phone call to say it's not coming. They said I should get a shipping email today so yet again fingers crossed.

Did you get the out of stock email at all ?

Guest nigelpwilson
I'm still awaiting my dhl email from Dixons.... nothing yet and nothing saying its out of stock either :P

You should be OK then I guess, I got an out of stock email after an email saying order was being processed so no idea what is happening !!!

Guest mingoid

Just looked at my DHL status and it shows "Delayed due to adverse weather". Pathetic - I've made it into work but they can't deliver a parcel? Does anyone know whether I can pick it up from their depot without them trying to deliver it first?

:P

It looks like PC World have now removed it from their web site it's not even showing out of stock now

They have just put it back so dont know whats going on

R

Edited by LordR

Guest nerdlinger

Just phoned PCWorld. Apparently I missed out, despite receiving no emails indicating they had no stock and them taking my money.

***kers :P

Cancelled.

I'll save up and buy an IPad direct from Apple.

Guest MonkeyBoy451

I just decided to call PCW as they've taken the money from my credit card and the cs woman was very nice and helpful.

Apparantly the package was picked up from their depot on sunday and I should get a tracking email later today/tomorrow.

Obviously everythings a bit up in the air at the moment with all the snow - lets hope its not delayed too long in getting up here to the north of scotland! :P

Guest friedgoldmole
I just decided to call PCW as they've taken the money from my credit card and the cs woman was very nice and helpful.

Apparantly the package was picked up from their depot on sunday and I should get a tracking email later today/tomorrow.

Obviously everythings a bit up in the air at the moment with all the snow - lets hope its not delayed too long in getting up here to the north of scotland! :P

I just phoned PC World and despite being told twice by other people that mine had been "released" so it was on its way, the guy I just spoke to seems to think that as I haven't received a tracking number and they don't have one on the system I won't be getting mine through until they have more stock.

Wonder why PC World are so rubbish at a) letting you know what is going on and :D actually knowing themselves what is going on when you call them. How come Currys managed to contact people and let them know if there wasn't enough stock, its the same company!

Finger crossed the guy I spoke to was wrong, and its still waiting to be processed by DHL.

Update: Just checked my bank account and they took the money yesterday (listed as PC WORLD ONLINE

HEMEL HEMPSTE)

Edited by friedgoldmole

Guest deadite66

AdventVega just posted "Stock update. More stock for tomorrow afternoon. Expect it no earlier than 3.30pm. We will tweet again as the time approaches. "

so hopefully we'll get ours friday.

Guest marmankites
AdventVega just posted "Stock update. More stock for tomorrow afternoon. Expect it no earlier than 3.30pm. We will tweet again as the time approaches. "

so hopefully we'll get ours friday.

I just rang them AGAIN!

No stock.. So are we getting ours tomorrow? Or are they opening orders for more people to skip the que?