** NEW STOCK ** 30 minute to stock allocation (14:45)

Guest Drizz

Guest dr_nick

well due to an entirely fruitless shopping trip trailing my wife round town i managed to miss the delivery of my vega today. now wont be able to collect it for several days as back at work during the post office depot opening hours (0700-1430 only!)

needless to say my wife is not being talked to right now. (though neither would she be if i HAD taken delivery as would have been up all night modding it!

needless to say i'm f...ing fuming!

grr

dr_nick

PS they never sent another email to expect delivery or give me an order tracking number,,, otherwise i might have stayed in!

Edited by dr_nick

so from being told yesterday that it was out for delivery , i called again today to be told i was not allocated one and if they dont have stock in again in the next couple of days they will cancel my order! awesome!

Guest Genieuk

Spent the whole day waiting and finally got it delivered at 5.30pm

Was fully charged and had the date and time set already, all i had to do was connect to my wifi and am posting this message from it.

I can already see why people were complaining about the keyboard and viewing angles. Will now have to get up to speed with Paul's updates.

well due to an entirely fruitless shopping trip trailing my wife round town i managed to miss the delivery of my vega today. now wont be able to collect it for several days as back at work during the post office depot opening hours (0700-1430 only!)

needless to say my wife is not being talked to right now. (though neither would she be if i HAD taken delivery as would have been up all night modding it!

grr

dr_nick

PS they never sent another email to expect delivery or give me an order tracking number,,, otherwise i might have stayed in!

Could the Mrs not collect it for you?

Ps Why do all men hate shopping :P

Guest dr_nick
Could the Mrs not collect it for you?

Ps Why do all men hate shopping :P

her indoors doesn't drive and the depot is likely in the arse end of nowhere. unfair to expect her to walk there with the bairns in tow...!

don't hate shopping per se. do hate wandering round aimlessly and disliking everything i point to whilst making me carry the 10ton sleeping toddler... :D totally over it now though!

Guest lughnasadhuk
Just phoned PCWorld. Apparently I missed out, despite receiving no emails indicating they had no stock and them taking my money.

***kers :P

Cancelled.

I'll save up and buy an IPad direct from Apple.

Nerd, if you are going the Ipad route then I read something on tinterweb today that was discussing the best places to buy them and that there are many places to get them from where they are cheaper than Apples discounted black friday prices.

this is pat of the article http://www.itproportal.com/2010/11/24/viki...ets-uk/related/

Looks like viking direct is the place for cheap ipads at the mo.

The writer seemed to think it may be shedding of stock in prep of Ipad 2 - no idea how true that is.

P.S. I am on forward order with Currys, hopeful that I will get one from tomorrows stock.

Edited by lughnasadhuk

Guest mjm2000

Got mine today from the saturday order just done all the updates and what a difference it made. bad news is that the other half got me it for christmas and she has just got home from work and is now sending it to santa :P this will be my first and last post on my vega. For now

Guest nerdlinger
Just phoned PCWorld. Apparently I missed out, despite receiving no emails indicating they had no stock and them taking my money.

***kers :P

Cancelled.

I'll save up and buy an IPad direct from Apple.

Un-***king believable!!!

Just got my tracking number at 22.06 despite speaking to two different people at PCWorld and them telling me they didn't have any!

:D

Then again, I am getting one. :D

Edited by nerdlinger

Guest nerdlinger
Nerd, if you are going the Ipad route then I read something on tinterweb today that was discussing the best places to buy them and that there are many places to get them from where they are cheaper than Apples discounted black friday prices.

this is pat of the article http://www.itproportal.com/2010/11/24/viki...ets-uk/related/

Looks like viking direct is the place for cheap ipads at the mo.

The writer seemed to think it may be shedding of stock in prep of Ipad 2 - no idea how true that is.

P.S. I am on forward order with Currys, hopeful that I will get one from tomorrows stock.

Thanks, however, I just, in the last 10 minutes, got my tracking email :P

Edited by nerdlinger

Un-***king believable!!!

Just got my tracking number at 22.06 despite speaking to two different people at PCWorld and them telling me they didn't have any!

:P

Then again, I am getting one. :D

Bloody hell I now have a tracking number aswell : )

Edited by sned

Guest hullmackem
My "cancelled" order is out for delivery.

I thought it might be delayed due to the weather (Lincoln to Poole), but apparently not.

I've still got nothing from Dixons ???!! anyone else ??

They've took the money and I've not had a phone call or cancellation email. I've actually got two things on order and have received neither yet.

Guest MonkeyBoy451
the last update on mine was

Departed Depot 30/11/10 23:54 HAMS HALL

was hoping for it today but don't think that likely

Mine departed Hams Hall at 23:33 last night and has arrived in Perth at 09:56 this morning - lets hope it gets up the A9 ok today....

Guest marmankites
Mine departed Hams Hall at 23:33 last night and has arrived in Perth at 09:56 this morning - lets hope it gets up the A9 ok today....

I have tracking but its not moving, Hope for a tomorrow delivery!

Guest MonkeyBoy451

That would be nice or today even better! (but not holding my breath with all the snow up here) & mine now says its been passed to the Delivery Courier....

Guest whatkatedoes

Same! Except mine showed arriving Perth 0522 ! Hope they're planning on moving further north today, if I can get to work in Inverness they sure as hell can lol

@ Whatkatedoes & Monkeyboy451

Hope you get your's today. I am waiting on forward order so hopefully will hear later today.

I cant help giggling at your optimism about the delivery though what with all the snow up here. I struggle to get next day deliveries to my work which is right next to the airport in Aberdeen because for some reason we are classed by many couriers as in the highlands and as such have to wait 2-3 days for deliveries :P

Still heres hoping :D

Guest dr_nick

grr

dr_nick

so went to collect it this morning - and it wasn't my vega afterall but random flowers for my wife (now decidedly forlorn-looking).

grr

card has been charged but no further emails from pcworld mentioning delivery...

Edited by dr_nick

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Same! Except mine showed arriving Perth 0522 ! Hope they're planning on moving further north today, if I can get to work in Inverness they sure as hell can lol

Definately - I reckon they'll be going from perth to the hub in inverness today - I'm along the coast in Hopeman nr Lossiemouth...