Finally, LG Mobile will be support LG Optimus GT540 to Froyo

Guest RAT-BoyZ

Guest merrymenvn
Well, I have got some good news from LG Croatia. They said that upgrade to Android 2.2 for GT 540 will be available during this month ;))))

They also said that they are experiencing some software difficulties but upgrade will be finished.

Thats all from Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina!

Hope!

Some countries have official 2.2, and other don't have?

Hope!

Some countries have official 2.2, and other don't have?

Probably a mistake by LG Croatia customer support. They mean probably that Eclaire 2.1 will be released (they said the same thing before, but then they said 2.1).

Trust me, we were probably the last that had a 2.1 Android support, yet alone 2.2 ;)

Guest elkay62
Probably a mistake by LG Croatia customer support. They mean probably that Eclaire 2.1 will be released (they said the same thing before, but then they said 2.1).

Trust me, we were probably the last that had a 2.1 Android support, yet alone 2.2 ;)

So a mistake by LG Indonesia and LG Croatia.

I'm a glass-half-full guy, and hope they've got it right after all. :P

elkay

Just my $02 - I've spoken with LG Sweden which has revealed

* a bugfixed 2.1 will be released in december 2010 (they hoped for this or next week, actually)

* no 2.2 will be released for GT540

LG Sweden has so far been correct on all their information given previously.

So, for higher Androidreleases we'll be on our own. Not too shabby imho given the work that "the russians" and Cyanogen do.

Edited by Corran

Guest CROrION
Just my $02 - I've spoken with LG Sweden which has revealed

* a bugfixed 2.1 will be released in december 2010 (they hoped for this or next week, actually)

* no 2.2 will be released for GT540

LG Sweden has so far been correct on all their information given previously.

So, for higher Androidreleases we'll be on our own. Not too shabby imho given the work that "the russians" and Cyanogen do.

Bugfixed?

Bugfixed?

Yes, they said [monday 6 december] they where in the final stages of releasing a bugfixed version - and we're Open Europe, so at the very least that one will get something newer than the V20a-OCT-05 we have through our LG updater here. No word on _what_ bugs are fixed though. The calendar issue wrt Exchange I've been having was not among them though, however some underlying fix may play a part in it. Time will tell.

Edited by Corran

Guest ilovelg
It appears it is out, v20d, would flash my phone with it but don't know where to download it.

v20d is not 2.2 its still 2.1

Well, If Gingerbread will be going to Optimus One (it has the same spec as with GT540), why froyo can't be upgraded??

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/publicn...-os-upgrade.jsp

Propobly becouse of resistive screen and becouse our procesor cant support Flash, only Flash lite. Thats why we aint gonna get neither froyo neither gingerbread OFFCIAllY, but Froyo will come as Cyanogenmod for sure, not sure about Gingerbread :)

Edited by ilovelg

Guest despotovski01
Dear all,

yesterday i send email to LG Mobile Indonesia. i ask LG Mobile for support this phone to Froyo.

and this is a email answer from LG.

we hope...... :)

(sorry my English)

=========================

27/11/2010

Thank you for Contacting LG Electronics

Dear Mr Ronnie,

Thank you for your e-mail Mr.

We will facilitate the process of upgrading the firmware Firmware / OS android GT540 up to version 2.2 / Froyo in December 2010.

Thanks for the suggestion Mr.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Customer Relationship Management

LG Electronics Indonesia

NB. Please fill out customer satisfaction survey score in the bottom of this e-mail reply. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Received Date: 26/11/2010 22:49 24

The type of inquiry: Software / Hardware updates

Product / Model Number. : WCDMA/GT505

Hello LG Mobile Indonesia,

I as a user of LG Mobile type GT540 intend to ask about the continuity of support from LG for HP GT540 type this.

Is LG Mobile will support firmware / OS android is up to version 2.2 / Froyo?

Due to HP's other brands that my level with the GT540 also will be upgraded to version 2.2/Froyo. I represent HP LG GT540 users are expecting the LG did not stop just at the firmware 2.1 only.

Please visit this web site http://www.petitiononline.com/r47boyz/petition.html which contains a petition from LG GT540 users who expect the same as me.

Greeting

Ronnie T

Weird, LG UK told me they aren't going to release Android 2.2 for the GT540 in the near future.

Guest The_Phoenix

Hmm. I happened to email LG UK and got a reply saying that LG GT540 won't get a Android 2.2 or 2.3 update due to hardware restrictions.

However, it's interesting to see LG Optimus one P500 which also happens to have a 600MHz processor similar to LG GT540 Optimus ships with Android 2.2 and has an optional update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. And, LG Optimus T sold through t-mobile in US, a t-mobile version of LG Optimus one also ships with Android 2.2 Froyo.

LG UK also seems to have had difficulties with the Android 2.1 update due to operator conflicts. So, am guessing that an update to 2.2/2.3 will eventually be available but not to all users.

Guest The_Phoenix

Update: They are just making a fool of the users. http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/07/lg-inve...-say-optimus-o/

LG responds saying that "the minimum requirements for Gingerbread require 1 GHz processor," hence, no update's in the cards. Well, Android lead Dan Morrill took to Twitter to drop some knowledge, saying "there's no hard minimum processor requirement for Gingerbread... trust me, if there were I'd know."

Guest vsession

LG GT540 wont get android 2.2 froyo. I receive letter from LG customer support baltics:

20/12/2010

Благодарим Вас за обращение в компанию LG Electronics!

Dear customer!

This phone model support only Android 2.1 update, Android 2.2 need higher system reqest, so this model could not be updated till Android higher version.

Best regards,

LG Baltics.