24/Jan 2.5.1.8: ClockworkMod for the Advent Vega

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JingleManSweep
No, read the post above - just reinstall the PP and you should be golden!

By "reinstall PP", do you mean flash the latest addon (from the kitchen with performance pack enabled) or is there a separate performance pack download?

RM Doesn't flash properly either! :P

We're working through the issues, I advise doing it manually for with the instructions in post 1 (which DEFINITELY work with the updated performance pack!)

P

Guest JingleManSweep

Yay! Cheers Paul... That worked a treat!

FYI...

1) Reinstalled MCR Addon (r3) with performance pack from kitchen.

2) Attempted to reflash recovery (just in case), but got "header is the same, not flashing recovery" message.

3) Tried rebooting using your Recovery app (not ROM Manager).

4) Rebooted into ClockworkMod.

5) ...

6) PROFIT!!!

Hehe... Thanks Paul... Going to perform a Nandroid backup now!

Edited by JingleManSweep

Guest MarkoUK

WooHoo! Recovery. Cheers Paul.

ROM manager running full screen in landscape too (after a couple of reboots it switched to that view).

Now all we need are the full Bhuna ROMS.

Oh, hold on. Not behaving now. Switching to scaled down view and force closed on me.

Tried a backup but just rebooted and didn't go into recovery.

Going to flash PP over the top again.

Guest MarkoUK
ROM Manager isn't working fully yet (gonna help test it tomorrow), do it the manual way atm!

P

Oh. sorry. I thought it was fixed with the last PP build. No rush, I'll hang out till tomorrow and see where we've got to.

Cheers

Guest TylerDurdenK
No, the ROM Manager changes Koush needs to do. Everything my end is good after the PP update. :P

P

I've just installed the latest ROM Manager from the Market, and the Vega Recovery app too. I opened ROM Manager, and successfully used it to flash the ClockworkMod Recovery, 2.5.1.4

I updated the PP (by Flashing with a newly baked kitchen R4 Add-On Pack including PP to my device) and when I used the Vega recovery App, it reboots, but all I can see it the "Robot out of the box" icon. It wont get passed this screen.

Edited by TylerDurdenK

Guest TylerDurdenK

Hooray for me, I've done it!

Just managed to get android-sdk working and have followed the instructions on the first post of this page.

Running a Nandroid back up as I type. Thanks all.

Guest Graham Macleod

Hi. Thanks so much for getting a familiar recovery to us. I have a noob question though. If I make some change to the Vega and I screw it up, so that the machine won't boot - or gets stuck on the startup screen, what's the minimum I have to do to get my nandroid restore running?

At the moment the only thing I can think to do is to boot into the Vega 'recovery' - using back and home buttons. Flash the stock 1.04. Bring that up, then apply the Modaco bundle, then the Clockwork Mod and the apk. Use the apk to reboot into 'real' recovery. That all seems pretty offputting. Is there a quicker/simpler way?

Guest Retrorious

Hi, i've been watching the forum for some time now and i've downloaded the clockworkmod recovery. Put it on my tablet as paul said and it worked. So I made a nand backup. Yesterday I was messing with the system partition and did something wrong and it would not boot anymore. I restored the backup and everything was ok.

Now I have found out that when i reboot it gets stuck somewhere. Even the "Android.." at the beginning istn't showing anymore. So I restored again by flashing the stock image and then putting the recovery back on there and restoring my backup. Again it booted just fine after the restore, but if I reboot it gets stuck somewhere again. It does this every time I restore a backup with the recovery. It boots fine and when i shutdown and boot again it gets stuck.

So i'm not rebooting at all today:D hehe

Do some of you have the same issue? And Paul can you verify this?

Thanks

Guest worto03

hummmm OK - sorry for being a bit of a noobie - I get the impression this is the 1st andriod device for quite a few of us!

I'm failing a bit at the 1st hurdle - I've installed the ADB but when I run the 1st command line I just get

error: device not found

ADB also doesn't seem to be in my path from a command prompt I'm having to use the following line but I don't think thats the problem.

C:\vega\clockwork\r2-vega-recovery>"C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe" push recovery.img /data/local/

error: device not found

how am I supposed to connect up the vega - is there some sort of mode I'm supposed to put it in or just conect it via usb? I've tried it connected via usb in storage mode and not?

Thanks for any help - would be nice to be able to do a decent backup of everything I've messed with so far before I break it!

Guest worto03

yes thats where I got it from - I wasn't sure which packages I needed so I installed them all - I didn't enable debug mode on the vega - was I supposed to?

I can't try it again now until after work - I was trying to do it lunch time.

Thanks for the reply.

Guest lnux9898

@worto

Another thing for you to check. Could you please do the following with the Vega connected to your PC in a cmd prompt:

"C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe" devices

If you don't see the Vega (should be a string with numbers & letter) listed, then the drivers (available from myadventvega.co.uk) need to be installed.

Guest grandmasterethel

I don't know whether I'm just being special, but I tried followed the steps to the letter. the first 3 steps go well, but then I come to the last one, and this happens:

$ adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img
[1] Segmentation fault /data/local/flas...
[/codebox]

Any ideas?