[NEW UPDATED] FROYO 2.2 BUILD KERNAL/SYSTEM FILES DUMP

Guest sorrowuk

Guest Rower85

Oh, sorry, but that lockscreen looks good but i guess its the same as on the Sony Ericsson X10, and if it is, its Terrible!

I would rather stick with the standard or switch over to the HTC style one where you drag it down =)

Great work Paul and all the other Dev's!

Greets from Swe!

Edited by Rower85

Guest Frankish
Disagree totally, the new one is WAY nicer

Open your eyes mate lol. Well seeing as Paul uploading one with that lockscreen I may as well flash my own build as that was the only thing I couldn't make stock.

Guest ale_syrj

I'm really looking forward to this! Thanks, Paul, for your hard work!

The lock screen looks ok, but it doesn't really matter to me, since I'm using Widgetlocker anyway.

I assume it's still not known whether 5mp camera works and if the screen freeze issue is gone?

Guest ale_syrj
Huh? It's a 3MP camera so i'm guessing 5MP camera ain't gonna work?!?

P

Finnish rom supports both 5mp and 3mp cameras, so it's not impossible. My camera worked with Hungarian Hedgehog, too.

P

could you include 5mp camera-thingie-driver-thing from maybe my rom dumb or something? :3

kinda never used camera but its good to have QR-apps working..

Guest LouisUK
Correct...

P

Initially i'll upload the ROM fully working, but without the MCR optimisation script run on it, without the various additions and without the changes to the boot image.

That'll give you something to play with today, then i'll kitchen / refine / MCR optimise tomorrow assuming the feedback is positive.

P

Sorry Paul so this first version your releasing tonight wont work on Clockwork?

Thanks

Guest oh!dougal

I assume it's still not known whether 5mp camera works and if the screen freeze issue is gone?

There are no 5mp camera Blades in the UK to test with.

P

Paul, since the Hungarian 2.1, the predecessor to the Finnish version, the 2.1 kernel has supported both.

The due-mid-December Japanese Blade is supposed to ship with the 5mp and 2.2 -- so you will be covered on that.

More of an issue will be colours on the LCD version of the display (as in Finland), and for those with the Hungarian/Greek/(Chinese?) 256mb RAM ...

I believe that the LCD is --only-- catered for in kallt_kaffe's compiled customised 2.1 kernel.

The 2.2 source hasn't been released (yet), so that route isn't available for 2.2 at the moment ...

I don't know whether anything can be done to make images that are easily flashable to a 256mb ram Blade. Perhaps the involvement of a dev with such a phone would help?

Guest ale_syrj
There are no 5mp camera Blades in the UK to test with.

I know.

More of an issue will be colours on the LCD version of the display (as in Finland), and for those with the Hungarian/Greek/(Chinese?) 256mb RAM ...

I had no issues with colors on any of the previous roms with Froyo, so there might be hope for us.

Well, we'll see soon enough. I'm definitely going to try this rom when Paul gets it out.

Guest ezablade
If I was in Yorkshire, I, also, would be very keen to leave!

Oi!!! It's lovely here.

And I kinda like the look of the lock screen, stock is boring.

Edited by ezablade

Guest kallt_kaffe

P

The Hungarian (and most likely also the Finnish) ROM has a kernel config entry that ends in 5MP that is not present on the OSF kernel. So far all newer builds of 2.1 always seems to be backward compatible with "older" Blades. It wouldn't suprise me if the Froyo builds support both 3Mp and 5Mp hardware but I guess we won't know for certain until some tries it.

Look for CONFIG_MACH_BLADE_CAMERA5MP=y in /proc/config.gz. If it's there then there is a good chance that it will work on 5MP blades.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I believe that the LCD is --only-- catered for in kallt_kaffe's compiled customised 2.1 kernel.

Well actually Hungarian or later original kernels should work fine too, but yes, the only custom 2.1 kernel that works on both is likely mine at the moment.

Guest ptdborth
The Hungarian (and most likely also the Finnish) ROM has a kernel config entry that ends in 5MP that is not present on the OSF kernel. So far all newer builds of 2.1 always seems to be backward compatible with "older" Blades. It wouldn't suprise me if the Froyo builds support both 3Mp and 5Mp hardware but I guess we won't know for certain until some tries it.

Look for CONFIG_MACH_BLADE_CAMERA5MP=y in /proc/config.gz. If it's there then there is a good chance that it will work on 5MP blades.

Are you looking at developing any of these Chinese builds by any chance? Looking forward to Pauls build no end but would be nice to see other devs take on the rom. Cheers. Paul

Guest harry_m

It's not ...

# CONFIG_MACH_BLADE_CAMERA5MP is not set

latest-froyo-leak kernel:

# uname -a

Linux localhost 2.6.32.9-perf #2 PREEMPT Thu Sep 2 15:55:39 CST 2010 armv6l unknown

Guest tiggerlator
Hull is nice. Don't disrespect the hometown.

I was born in hull, its not the best place, too many idiots, too much crime, too many piss heads. Sorry but i just dont think its the best place. You try living on one of the big housing estates and still tell me its good.

Guest Frankish

I live on Longhill which seems to have a bad name but i think it's nice :P Where are you now if not in Hull then that's nicer? Lol.

On topic i'm going to upload a rom based on this. It's pretty basic but something to amuse until Paul comes along.

Guest malooga
I'm really looking forward to this! Thanks, Paul, for your hard work!

The lock screen looks ok, but it doesn't really matter to me, since I'm using Widgetlocker anyway.

That tickled me somewhat :P

Guest yeawhatever

What good timing. Was looking at flashing gfs blade to r3a, I have been trialing it before rolling it out to her...saves nagging!!!! Obviously there was few niggles which we all knew about. Wifi etc

Now can put on latest when Paul has finished working his magic. God bless the snow.... means he gets more tinkering time and we get our much needed ROMs even quicker :P

Cheers for all the hard work