[NEW UPDATED] FROYO 2.2 BUILD KERNAL/SYSTEM FILES DUMP

Guest sorrowuk

Guest x.balli.x
A few problems.

Data isnt working for me. It could just be that the apns.conf is a bit screwed for my network.

The network name isn't showing correctly. It always shows 'no service' but is connected.

I haven't done much testing so there could be more.

I haven't changed much other than remove a heap of apps. I will leave it to other to customise.

It is in partition images at the moment, so if someone can repack it as a flashable zip I'm sure other will appreciate it.

Flibblesan's server is too slow (more likely my connection). Give it a while before downloading, its only half uploaded.

P729CUV1.0.0B04-repack.zip

Flash with fastboot.

Do a backup first.

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash system system.img

wipe data.

I'm off to bed.

file is broken......gives error while extracting

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest x.balli.x
There is no Google software... and the FM radio doesn't work for me...restored my backup immediately...

how did you managed to flash the new rom and boot img?

Guest paraselene
does it have market?

id be well happy with a proper stripped down rom without any of that google rubbish (bloatware) attached...

It does not have market,gmail,calender...etc

how did you managed to flash the new rom and boot img?
I use fastboot to flash the system.img and boot.img in UBuntu

Guest Arr Too

The fastboot images above are working for me. You probably need to do a "fastboot erase cache" and "fastboot erase userdata" to make your phone clean before installing, though. (Don't forget to backup your working state first -- easiest way is with ClockwordMod.)

As above, adb doesn't work and lots of Google bits are missing, notably the Google Account stuff, including Market. The account stuff in Settings allows you to setup an Exchange account, not a Google account. Perhaps bunging across a few of the apps from the other release will help here, and maybe some adjustments to build.prop are necessary. I'm going to sit back and wait for the experts to cast their eyes over this, I think. :P

Edited by Arr Too

Guest ballist1x
It does not have market,gmail,calender...etc

ahh right, well that sounds good. if someone went ultra basic and just threw in market to make it easier to transact and download what i want that would be awesome

vanilla 2.2 ftw!

Guest jdtanner
I have made a update zipand flashed with clockworkmod.

All seems ok so far alot better than old 2.2 rom.

Need to add google apps and test again.

Nice one! I was trying to cobble this together but the contents of META-INF defeated me; any chance you could let us know how you went about it?

John

Guest Arr Too
the contents of META-INF defeated me; any chance you could let us know how you went about it?

Copy one from an existing (2.2?) ROM zip, and then delve deep to find the single file in the depths. Adjust the script to make sure all the references are valid (either by deleting them if they don't apply, or by adding things like BusyBox from the zip that had that script).

Guest jdtanner
Copy one from an existing (2.2?) ROM zip, and then delve deep to find the single file in the depths. Adjust the script to make sure all the references are valid (either by deleting them if they don't apply, or by adding things like BusyBox from the zip that had that script).

Sounds like I was along the right path...but I wasn't 100% sure about the alias'. Making an update.zip from a captured rom would be a very useful howto to have floating around...