[NEW UPDATED] FROYO 2.2 BUILD KERNAL/SYSTEM FILES DUMP

Guest sorrowuk

Guest MrHicks
Coincidentally (or not), this is pretty much on par with 2.1 ... this is NOT greased lightening.

So is there a pile of debug code, is there something big in the background, or is it that JIT has been turned off, or ... what?

This is most likely due to stagefright being diabled in build.prop, the JIT will be doing it's job just fine. Quadrant h264 decoding tests will suffer as opencore is not as efficient as stagefright.

Guest harry_m
Hah, so I found where they mis-spelt 'EMERGENCE' on the lockscreen, lmao!

Whether I can fix it is another matter, lol!

P

It's in framework-res ...

./values/strings.xml: <string name="v880_Emergency_Text">Emergence</string>

Guest igors_s
Come on ,Paul! We are waiting for your ROM . :P

Heh, there are probably around 150 people madly refreshing their browsers right now waiting for an update! :D

Guest The Soup Thief

That's the badger!

I find it kind of humbling that we 150 people (save for the few devs beavering away at this ROM) are left holding our breath while Paul's daughter and her class do their Christmas thingy. Kind of puts it in context doesn't it?

Really enjoying the show though - thanks for all the hard work Paul, ArrToo, TomG et al :P

Guest igors_s

Speaking of Rom preparation.

Does anyone know how to put stuff into the notification area?

I'm talking about the power control widget present in TouchWiz interface on Samsung Galaxy devices.

DSC02965.jpg

I have this feature in a form of SBSettings on ipod touch and it is simply awesome being able to manage the power and brightness directly from any app.

Any ideas?

Edited by igors_s

Speaking of Rom preparation.

Does anyone know how to put stuff into the notification area?

I'm talking about the power control widget present in TouchWiz interface on Samsung Galaxy devices.

I have this feature in a form of SBSettings on ipod touch and it is simply awesome being able to manage the power and brightness directly from any app.

Any ideas?

QuickDesk allows you to acheive the same thing. Basically, it gives you access to an extra "homescreen" from a configurable button press (I use double-click home). On that extra screen I have power, wifi, brightness, music controls, a few shortcuts and a Dynamic list of running apps to switch between. Gives full multi-tasking etc.

Guest leetron1
Speaking of Rom preparation.....

Sorry my friend but perhaps you should have started a new thread rather than shoe horning your request into the middle of a quite unrelated thread..you're likely to get more help & feedback that way, I would say?

Give it a go..

Guest igors_s
Sorry my friend but perhaps you should have started a new thread rather than shoe horning your request into the middle of a quite unrelated thread..you're likely to get more help & feedback that way, I would say?

Give it a go..

Just keeping up conversation that's all :P

Guest kallt_kaffe
It's in framework-res ...

./values/strings.xml: <string name="v880_Emergency_Text">Emergence</string>

Yep, like I say, I found it! :P

P

If the build is not odex:ed then use apktool to decode framework-res.apk.

The change the string and then use apktool again to build a new framework-res.apk.

Here's the important part. Do not use the the new framework-res.apk, instead open the original framework-res.apk with WinRAR and copy the new resources.arsc from build/apk/resources.arsc to the old framework-res.apk. Choose "Store only" as compression method.

Using the the newly built framwork-res.apk, even if signed, or forgetting the "store only" usually leads to failure.

EDIT: Attached a framework-res.apk (from this ROM) where I've changed the text. Haven't tested it myself yet.

framework_res.zip

Edited by kallt_kaffe