Desire HD Cam is fixed, what about a HD Kitchen ?

Guest western

Guest le_lutin
flashed it with rommanager 2.5.0.2 with no probs, over aura 8

with no wipe, system gets wiped anyway

all apps (incl system/app, which is symlinked to app_s on ext partition) go to sd ext2/3/4 partition, and some customizing files too

you need

- ext partition, absolut min 512MB depending on your apps

- if you resized mtd partition, look in the zip file of the rom before, its /system is huge - nearly 220 MB (and thats without apps), so if you resized with alpharev to data++, /system 180MB (= 175Mb in effect), you will have to strip down /system that it fits in the partition

you can safely remove /system/lib/VR directory (about 30MB), and put this on sd ext after installing the rom, and make a symlink from /system/lib to it

as far as i know its only voice recognition libraries

Thanks for the info!

Guest timmyraa

I'm trying to use the .13 RCMixHD ROM from XDA, and I've flashed multiple times, repartitioned my card with a 1GB ext3 (and then ext4) partition, and the remainder fat32, but it's just getting stuck at the white HTC screen - left it for over 30 mins, and still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm trying to use the .13 RCMixHD ROM from XDA, and I've flashed multiple times, repartitioned my card with a 1GB ext3 (and then ext4) partition, and the remainder fat32, but it's just getting stuck at the white HTC screen - left it for over 30 mins, and still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?

you know the partition scheme?

1 primary) Fat32

2 .... )

Guest timmyraa
you know the partition scheme?

1 primary) Fat32

2 .... )

Yeah... I don't think it was anything I'd done, I just tried the ownheredesireHD ROM from XDA, and that worked straight off with the same partitioning scheme. Shame, everyone seems to rave about the RCMixHD one...

Yeah... I don't think it was anything I'd done,
It was. woti17 just told you. You've said that you've partitioned it with EXT then FAT. And it's supposed to be the opposite of what you've wrote.

Yeah... I don't think it was anything I'd done, I just tried the ownheredesireHD ROM from XDA, and that worked straight off with the same partitioning scheme. Shame, everyone seems to rave about the RCMixHD one...

RCMixHD v.013 has problems with its kernel... v.012 dont have that problem. He is going to update his rom tonight with a new kernel and data2sd ;)

Guest timmyraa
It was. woti17 just told you. You've said that you've partitioned it with EXT then FAT. And it's supposed to be the opposite of what you've wrote.

It wasn't. I just mis-described what I'd done. As I said, the ownheredesireHD ROM worked straight off with exactly the same partitions.

Thanks Madeli, I'll keep an eye out!

Guest el_boufono
Never used r9, too many people said it was crap so went from r8 to stock and then to this...other than the speed and stability benefits of Sense 2.0 there isn't a lot else to say. It just works better

As for a guide, you don't really need one:

1. Extract the ZIP file to your Desktop

2. Browse to /data/app_s

3. Delete APKs you don't want, add those that you do

4. Re-zip ROM file

5. Sign it if you want to using signing tools on XDA

6. Flash ROM

That's about it in a nutshell

I did that, without the signing part and when i try to flash it it says : "E: Can't open /sdcard/myrom.zip"

What could that be?

I unzipped and re-zipped with winrar maybe it's the wrong program? wich one do you use?

Guest timmyraa

Well, further to my previous issues, after what ZiCon found, I tried RCMixHD .13 with a 1.5GB ext2 partition, and it still doesn't work.

Changed it back to an ext3, and tried RCMixHD .12, and that works, so I can only assume there's something weird with .13...

Look... IT IS something wrong with RCMixHD v.13.... the kernel in that rom is no good. If you want it and cant wait, go for RCMixHD v.012 and then flash the camfix.. There will be an update soon to v.014.

Edited by Madeli

Guest MacCarron
Look... IT IS something wrong with RCMixHD v.13.... the kernel in that rom is no good. If you want it and cant wait, go for RCMixHD v.012 and then flash the camfix.. There will be an update soon to v.014.

There was nothing wrong with v13..no disrespect, but i think a lot of people didn't know what they were doing, as i'm currently running it without a hiccup ;). v14 just came out anyway, new kernel (Ziggy 1124, very good kernel)

Edited by MacCarron

Guest timmyraa
There was nothing wrong with v13..no disrespect, but i think a lot of people didn't know what they were doing, as i'm currently running it without a hiccup :P. v14 just came out anyway, new kernel (Ziggy 1124, very good kernel)

I fully admit I don't know what I'm doing, but when one ROM consistently fails to work, where all others consistently work with the same setup and partitions, it should be obvious to anyone which is the most likely culprit. While I am puzzled as to why it works for some people, and not others, I work in software (not phones though), so I'm not entirely surprised.

For the record, I tried .12 straight after .13, and it worked first time, as did ownheredesireHD. So all's well that ends well.

EDIT: I see .14... gonna wait to hear feedback from others first. ;)

Edited by timmyraa

I fully admit I don't know what I'm doing, but when one ROM consistently fails to work, where all others consistently work with the same setup and partitions, it should be obvious to anyone which is the most likely culprit. While I am puzzled as to why it works for some people, and not others, I work in software (not phones though), so I'm not entirely surprised.

For the record, I tried .12 straight after .13, and it worked first time, as did ownheredesireHD. So all's well that ends well.

with providing a few words more than "its not working" and a logcat one could maybe look into whats wrong.

as for rchdmix .12 vs .13: .12 had a few things more stripped out so it was smaller, but who knows, maybe next time you could connect your phone with usb while booting and do a (takes a few seconds till its connecting to shell, so maybe try a few times)

adb shell logcat

to see what doesn't work

Guest vfrvulcan

Tried 0.13 for all of 4 hours. Multiple random reboots and failures to wake made me go back to MCR r9.

I liked the look of the mail client in RCMix - hopefully Paul will give us an xmas present of an r10.

There was nothing wrong with v13..no disrespect, but i think a lot of people didn't know what they were doing, as i'm currently running it without a hiccup ;). v14 just came out anyway, new kernel (Ziggy 1124, very good kernel)

I'm running v.13 too without any problems! There still is a problem with the kernel! It has happened before that it works for some ppl but not for others. I know LeeDrOiD had the same problem.. now v14 is out though but I'm not going to install it. I don't want data2sd...

Well I'm running .13 and loving it. I love the MCR releases but the new features in HD are just out of this world. It's like an entirely new phone again!

.13 was unstable until I changed the kernel and now it's rock solid. These are still in development so treat them like an MCR WIP.

Until Paul comes along with a rom based on the Desire HD these are going to be the best thing for your desire. I do hope Paul does release a rom based on the HD though as the MCR ones are always in a class of their own.

I'm running v.13 too without any problems! There still is a problem with the kernel! It has happened before that it works for some ppl but not for others. I know LeeDrOiD had the same problem.. now v14 is out though but I'm not going to install it. I don't want data2sd...

which kernel? maybe with the default in the rom, i don't know, there are different versions already, but couttstech and richard trip kernel run well for me (various versions from them), sub501 kernel works, ziggy kernel works. as someone said before: most of the problems come from people that don't know what they are doing anyway.

choice is here with kernels anyway, and its much easier to flash a kernel than a rom

really an inflation of kernels - what a fun will it be when they introduce data2btrfs ;-)

CapyKernel_vB33 worked best for me.

alone

couttstech-2.6.32.26_LeeDroidv2.2f_HAVS@925mV_CMBattFix_BFS_BFQ worked ok but I had massive battery drain!

if its for battery, sub501s and richard trips 5fhavs925mV works best for my kind of usage, at quadrant about 1900-2050 with 1,13 GHz oc when charging no oc when from battery

couttstech drains more but its usable, quadrant i get between 2200-2400, and i like the batteryfix

i use sub501 modified scripts on rchdmix v12 (with a few v13 files updated on there own), not flashed the whole rom as i have only 175 MB for system (data++ layout)

Edited by woti17

which kernel? maybe with the default in the rom, i don't know, there are different versions already, but couttstech and richard trip kernel run well for me (various versions from them), sub501 kernel works, ziggy kernel works. as someone said before: most of the problems come from people that don't know what they are doing anyway.

choice is here with kernels anyway, and its much easier to flash a kernel than a rom

really an inflation of kernels - what a fun will it be when they introduce data2btrfs ;-)

Yes, the default kernel in the rom. Some ppl have succeded in installing the rom if they flash another kernel directly after they have flashed the rom and then reboot.

I use Richards v.5e havs@925mV kernel with safe battfix. Works fine for me! ;)