Desire HD Cam is fixed, what about a HD Kitchen ?

Guest western

Eddy, what other features has data2sd got other than saving space?

I currently have over 90 apps installed yet have 85mb free so low space is not an issue for me.

Eddy, what other features has data2sd got other than saving space?

I currently have over 90 apps installed yet have 85mb free so low space is not an issue for me.

i/o speed, depending on the kind of filesystem/sync/journaling seems faster than nand/yaffs

maybe there is someone who knows a better test, but for now i tried following

copied about 20 files (my lib/modules 3.2MB) to a tmpfs in ram (to have the same source)

and than to sd and nand

1)

time cp /tmp/* /data/data/test/ ## ext2 in a file on sd class2

2)

time cp /tmp/* data/test/ ## NAND

surprising:

1) 55 ms

2) 1.45 s

Edited by woti17

Guest bcmobile

Ive been running RCMIXHD for a few days with the camera fix and it is very stable. The new Sense UI is awesome. The HTC club stuff is pretty cool as well.

I would recommend it to anyone who is desperate to get hold of the new Sense UI. Only real issue is some live wallpapers (eg "Shake them all") don't like the rotating home screen.... they still work, they just don't like it ;)

Just saw this but I ask myself wether its better then the D2SD version? Anyone nows that?

There is no difference between them. Its just one with d2sd and one without d2sd. With d2sd you can get high quadrant scores and some better preformance but it also puts some stress to your sdcard. with d2sd its also best to use ext2 or ext4, there have been reported alot of issuies with ext3.

So its really what u prefer.. i prefer the version without d2sd, or to be exact.. its really d2ext not d2sd. but i dont bother go into that now ;)

Edited by Madeli

Guest AndreyK

I've noticed that something is wrong with Wi-Fi connectivity. On my previous rom from LeeDroid, I had enabled wi-fi all the time with power settings set to never sleep wi-fi connectivity. When I travel trough many wifi networks, my PDA automatically connected to Wi-Fi that was previously set in this particular location. I didn't have to do anything, it happened automatically. Currently I have the leatest ROM (v0.13 or 0.14) and this options seems not to work. I have everything set identically and when I came home (checked several times), the WiFi didn't connected automatically. The PDA scans for networks and connects only when I manually enter Wi-Fi options through a shortcut (the screen when it displays available networks), then he detects my network in range and connects to it. After that it seems that Wi-Fi is not going to sleep as long as the network is available. If I switch Access-Point from power (network disappear), and then turn it on for example after 5 minutes, the PDA doesn't connect automatically. I have to enter Wi-Fi Options menu manually, then it detects the network again, and it stays connected then. What is very important! Turning the phone ON doesn't help! I have to enter wi-fi options menu manually. Only then the phone searches for the network and connects to it.

Anyone noticed this too?

Regards!

I've noticed that something is wrong with Wi-Fi connectivity. On my previous rom from LeeDroid, I had enabled wi-fi all the time with power settings set to never sleep wi-fi connectivity. When I travel trough many wifi networks, my PDA automatically connected to Wi-Fi that was previously set in this particular location. I didn't have to do anything, it happened automatically. Currently I have the leatest ROM (v0.13 or 0.14) and this options seems not to work. I have everything set identically and when I came home (checked several times), the WiFi didn't connected automatically. The PDA scans for networks and connects only when I manually enter Wi-Fi options through a shortcut (the screen when it displays available networks), then he detects my network in range and connects to it. After that it seems that Wi-Fi is not going to sleep as long as the network is available. If I switch Access-Point from power (network disappear), and then turn it on for example after 5 minutes, the PDA doesn't connect automatically. I have to enter Wi-Fi Options menu manually, then it detects the network again, and it stays connected then. What is very important! Turning the phone ON doesn't help! I have to enter wi-fi options menu manually. Only then the phone searches for the network and connects to it.

Anyone noticed this too?

Regards!

i didn't notice, but then i don't use the default kernel that comes with this rom.

you could maybe try one of alternate kernals, like richard trips and his wifi-pm module?

kernels can be flashed without wiping anything, so you can easely go back when it doesn't fit your needs

Edited by woti17

Guest sucramco

I updated with RCmixHD V.14 today. I also installed RichardTrip v5f kernel, for the battery life apparently it is the best, running at 1113mhz. V13 was giving me 4 hrs of battery life and terrible lag.

I have a 1gb ext. I am using radio 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27.

I did a quadrant test, normally I hit anything between 1300 and 1600 (I don't really mess with it that much), this time it hit a 2023 score. I nearly wet myself.

So far all is running great, battery life is at 97% and I stopped charging the phone 2 hrs ago, that is a good start.

All I would say is roll on the next MCR with HD, if it is like this with all the MCR touches it will be great.

I updated with RCmixHD V.14 today. I also installed RichardTrip v5f kernel, for the battery life apparently it is the best, running at 1113mhz. V13 was giving me 4 hrs of battery life and terrible lag.

I have a 1gb ext. I am using radio 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27.

I did a quadrant test, normally I hit anything between 1300 and 1600 (I don't really mess with it that much), this time it hit a 2023 score. I nearly wet myself.

So far all is running great, battery life is at 97% and I stopped charging the phone 2 hrs ago, that is a good start.

All I would say is roll on the next MCR with HD, if it is like this with all the MCR touches it will be great.

Thats cuz you have d2ext. you get that hight scores with it... some say its placebo... i dont know and dont care :P But the fact that it puts stress to your sdcard i do care about ;) I've tried both versions and i dont feel any difference when using the phone. I dont think that this d2sd or d2ext is good in the long term use. But someone with more knowledge about it are welcome to share their opinion about it and pls tell more about how it works.

Thats cuz you have d2ext. you get that hight scores with it... some say its placebo... i dont know and dont care :P But the fact that it puts stress to your sdcard i do care about ;) I've tried both versions and i dont feel any difference when using the phone. I dont think that this d2sd or d2ext is good in the long term use. But someone with more knowledge about it are welcome to share their opinion about it and pls tell more about how it works.

well one could also argue putting data that changes often on sd - less stressing the NAND then?

a sd card is easier to replace than nand after all ;-)

btw: you have already a part from nand on sdhc if you you use a2sd(+) or app2sd

think the most thing to care about now is about to use journaling with ext3 or ext4, because without youre highly at risk on corrupting partition when you have to pull out the battery when phone crashes.

and journaling makes it a little slower but is safer.

well one could also argue putting data that changes often on sd - less stressing the NAND then?

a sd card is easier to replace than nand after all ;-)

btw: you have already a part from nand on sdhc if you you use a2sd(+) or app2sd

think the most thing to care about now is about to use journaling with ext3 or ext4, because without youre highly at risk on corrupting partition when you have to pull out the battery when phone crashes.

and journaling makes it a little slower but is safer.

Hehe... you can look it that way to. But i do hope nand can take more stress then the sdcard :P

I'm trying out baadnewz version now. All fits on nand with it and it runs very smooth ;)

Hehe... you can look it that way to. But i do hope nand can take more stress then the sdcard :P

I'm trying out baadnewz version now. All fits on nand with it and it runs very smooth ;)

micro sdhc is nand-technology

"NAND flash uses tunnel injection for writing and tunnel release for erasing. NAND flash memory forms the core of the removable USB storage devices known as USB flash drives, as well as most memory card formats and solid-state drives available today."