google earth

Guest shutdown

Guest Sir Gash
Tried this - no difference, still not working.

Here are some settings to double check, make sure they are all checked

- Settings > Applications > Development > Allow mock locations

- Settings > Location & Security > Use wireless networks

Then try to uninstall and re-install Earth, no reason it shouldn't work. Make sure you have set your location in My Fake Location and that the service is still running when you start Earth (you will a have a white circle icon in the notification bar).

Guest premieral
Tried this - no difference, still not working.

Thanks Sir Gash, i have been battling with this for days to get it to work and it wa as simple as clearing the data cash! Now works like a charm although i dont get those strange triangles you see?

thanks again

regards

Al

Guest sonofveritas
Here are some settings to double check, make sure they are all checked

- Settings > Applications > Development > Allow mock locations

- Settings > Location & Security > Use wireless networks

Then try to uninstall and re-install Earth, no reason it shouldn't work. Make sure you have set your location in My Fake Location and that the service is still running when you start Earth (you will a have a white circle icon in the notification bar).

Just did all this, same result - still not working.

Guest sonofveritas
Works for me on R8 and using 'My Fake Location'. Try clearing the apps data & cache maybe? The only problem I have is with weird rending problems, mostly seen when zooming in after launching the app. At the bottom of the screen I get these horrible triangles popping up all over the place:

post-797044-1297692185_thumb.png

Anyone get this?

Strangely it started working for me yesterday. I didn't do anything different and haven't installed anything that should have any effect.

I am getting the 'triangle' effect (in different colours) when zooming in.

Strangely it started working for me yesterday. I didn't do anything different and haven't installed anything that should have any effect.

I am getting the 'triangle' effect (in different colours) when zooming in.

Mines not working and it's all setup as it should be. Tried a fresh installation and still no joy, but i do not use it enough. Maps and other location things work well though. I've only noticed this since upgrading to r8 as it did used to work fine.

Guest chockimon
Works for me on R8 and using 'My Fake Location'. Try clearing the apps data & cache maybe? The only problem I have is with weird rending problems, mostly seen when zooming in after launching the app. At the bottom of the screen I get these horrible triangles popping up all over the place:

post-797044-1297692185_thumb.png

Anyone get this?

Yeah, I get the same messed up image especially when turning on look around. I'm using 1.09 and it also crashes a lot.

New update in the market fixed loading issues for me. No need for myfakelocation and loading screen is in landscape when Vega in landscape. Seems we are benefiting from xoom and honeycomb releases. :huh:

Guest Sir Gash
New update in the market fixed loading issues for me. No need for myfakelocation and loading screen is in landscape when Vega in landscape. Seems we are benefiting from xoom and honeycomb releases. :huh:

Seems to have also fixed the rendering issues I had!

Guest HunteronX

Thanks for the info, but I'm unable to see it in the market.

Please could I have a copy of your build.prop file? It is located in the 'system' folder of the tablet.

Thanks for the info, but I'm unable to see it in the market.

Please could I have a copy of your build.prop file? It is located in the 'system' folder of the tablet.

Sent you a pm.

Cheers

Guest Jisonga

Latest version of Google Earth works a treat on the vega. To get your home location you will need My Fake Location but earth will now run witout it just won,t know where you are.

Jason.