** STOCK - 3rd BATCH ** - stock update today - around 15:30

Guest MonkeyBoy451

Guest space_cowboy1985
I agree and what makes it more annoying for me is that if you try to cancel the response is we can't because "it's in processing!"

I have'nt tried personally to cancel, but that response is shocking. I definitely think all joking aside this should be a watchdog case. Might do some googling about it today.

I have'nt tried personally to cancel, but that response is shocking. I definitely think all joking aside this should be a watchdog case. Might do some googling about it today.

Let us know if you do anything - I for one will join you to add credibility to it since they have made such a mess of this.

Guest space_cowboy1985
Let us know if you do anything - I for one will join you to add credibility to it since they have made such a mess of this.

Ive found the submit your story to watchdog page. Ill leave it till Sunday so then itll be a full week assuming we here nout over the next couple of days.

I would'nt of minded if they just held hands up and said there stock system had failed and they didnt have a clue what was going on. And then either returned all the money, or gave everyone the option of either a cancel or an unspecified delay. Things to go wrong I would of excepted that. But its like they've got all the orders split them into 10 groups assigned each group to someone and said sort it as you see fit, and dont let anyone else know how your handling it.

As ever it's the lack of communication that's frustrating. At the end of the day most people are reasonable and if you explain what the situation is and how it's going to be resolved they'd grateful and would probably accept the solution.

Edit:

From twitter @AdventVega

1.All outstanding orders should be completed this weekend.

So at least that's something...

Edited by coxy79

just on twitter

AdventVega Advent Vega

To show our appreciation please use the discount code PROTECT3 to get £3 off the Vega screen protectors at PCWorld/Currys online.

Guest thwacker

;)

I ordered online from Currys last Sat and received 2 emails. The 1st states that it's a forward order. The 2nd states that they're having problems fulfilling my order and they'll be in touch. They haven't been in touch so I phoned Currys this morning. Waited 20 mins and spoke to a nice guy in Sheffield who tells me that they're waiting on stock to arrive and so nothing has been allocated to me yet. He told me that they have sold 159 more that they can supply. I pointed out that Currys etc took more orders online last Wed but have not fulfilled earlier orders. But all he could say was that they're waiting on more stock.

What are they playing at! Is this their idea of good customer relations. Do they think that I'll buy from them again if I can get the product elsewhere.

Someone in Sales Admin should be sacked.

Guest The Yellow Monster
;)

I ordered online from Currys last Sat and received 2 emails. The 1st states that it's a forward order. The 2nd states that they're having problems fulfilling my order and they'll be in touch. They haven't been in touch so I phoned Currys this morning. Waited 20 mins and spoke to a nice guy in Sheffield who tells me that they're waiting on stock to arrive and so nothing has been allocated to me yet. He told me that they have sold 159 more that they can supply. I pointed out that Currys etc took more orders online last Wed but have not fulfilled earlier orders. But all he could say was that they're waiting on more stock.

What are they playing at! Is this their idea of good customer relations. Do they think that I'll buy from them again if I can get the product elsewhere.

I has a similar experience except they didn't tell me how negative the stock was and it was PCW.

;)

[sNIP]

Second that, especially as they have just cancelled my PCW order, after not even discussing with me what was going on! This is getting daft - I think they must have been testing the market using stupidly low quantities to be safe - whilst wanting to be the first to get a tablet at a decent price out before Xmas...In fact I think it is starting to have the negative effect, and I'm beginning to prepare myself to say bring on the tablet war of 2011 and I'll wait for something better.

I read on the forum earlier the suggestion that the quantities being released were about airfreight size. This would fit with the limited release we have seen so far. I wonder if there is a container somewhere with a lot more Vega's in it? If they come clean about the delays it would not be so bad.

Still waiting despite being told i was being processed yesterday by CS for release form the warehouse and I would get a tracking email soon

Ordered Sat 27th Confirmed Sat 27th Forward Ordered Sat 27th

Patience is a virtue that only the patient understand ;)

I read on the forum earlier the suggestion that the quantities being released were about airfreight size. This would fit with the limited release we have seen so far. I wonder if there is a container somewhere with a lot more Vega's in it? If they come clean about the delays it would not be so bad.

That would make sense. There'll be a container on a ship somewhere between Taiwan and here at a guess... Given that it takes a couple of weeks, and the first shipments had software dates of 19/11 from the factory, I guess they'll be just about in time for Christmas in the shops...

Guest nigelpwilson

Still waiting despite being told i was being processed yesterday by CS for release form the warehouse and I would get a tracking email soon

Ordered Sat 27th Confirmed Sat 27th Forward Ordered Sat 27th

Patience is a virtue that only the patient understand ;)

Hi Boisee,

Same scenario here....was told I would get a tracking email yesterday but nothing!! And to make matters worse the Archos 101 that I ordered on Weds is stuck in Grantham due to adverse weather so doesnt look like thats coming today either...I wonder if DHL deliver on Saturdays?

DHL do deliver Saturdays - but only if they've been paid to ;)

Sounds like all will get shipped either for Monday or possibly Tuesday delivery.

I've heard nothing other than the 3 confirmation mails since I ordered yesterday.

Guest nigelpwilson

This story just gets funnier and funnier, I emailed Customer Services early this week and just received the following reply :-

Thank you for your email dated 28th November 2010.

Our records show that, due to unprecedented demand we have sold out of the Advent Vega Internet Tablet. Once further stock becomes available we will dispatch the order to you. Alternately, if you would prefer an alternate product please advise.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and please accept my apologies for any inconveninece caused.

Kind regards,

Stuart Baird

Currys Customer Services

Despite being told yesterday that it was being dispatched, so just called them again and the above is not true, stock has been allocated to my order and they have even given me DHL tracking number, although it wont track yet as its not been collected by them. He said it should be delivered on Monday or Tuesday now.

This company really dont seem to have a clue what they are doing !!!! Although I do feel like I am almost there now I have got a tracking number ;)

Guest nigelpwilson
arad85 did you phone through or get it via email?

They told me over phone Boisee, but also just got the tracking email...hope you get yours too mate

Edited by nigelpwilson

arad85 did you phone through or get it via email?

Just been e-mailed to me. I guess the warehouse are just going through the dispatch process. Hopefully, you'll get one soon. On the DHL site for my parcel it says "Parcel data received awaiting coll.".

Guest fpvmark
tracking number from currys here too .... w00t!

hi guys i ordered mine 9.00am yesterday they said they had stock i rang up hope i get a tracking email what do you guys reckon?