** STOCK - 3rd BATCH ** - stock update today - around 15:30

Guest MonkeyBoy451

Guest nigelpwilson
Indeed it'll be good to see what you think of it when you get yours.

I'll let you know the verdict as soon as it arrives , got my ROM baked ready so just need the bloody DHL man to get here now.....I feel just like I did when I was a teenager waiting for my Atari ST for Chrimbo ;) ....you might be too young to even know what one was, LOL

I'll let you know the verdict as soon as it arrives , got my ROM baked ready so just need the bloody DHL man to get here now.....I feel just like I did when I was a teenager waiting for my Atari ST for Chrimbo ;) ....you might be too young to even know what one was, LOL

:P Remember getting my Spectrum 48K for Christmas when i was about 11 it was such a big deal back then. Started on that now have a career in IT funny old world ;)

Still that makes me feel old now :P

Guest Genieuk
:P Remember getting my Spectrum 48K for Christmas when i was about 11 it was such a big deal back then. Started on that now have a career in IT funny old world ;)

Still that makes me feel old now ;)

Hehe. So true, I remember getting my Spectrum +2 (with tape built in) when I was 11 and then running the hello program

10 PRINT "Hello"

20 GOTO 10

running it and getting really excited seeing "Hello" repeated infinitely.

That's led on to a career as a software developer!

:lol: :P

Guest nigelpwilson
:P Remember getting my Spectrum 48K for Christmas when i was about 11 it was such a big deal back then. Started on that now have a career in IT funny old world :P

Still that makes me feel old now ;)

LOL, yeah I had one too...although could only afford a 16k one, at least I no longer had to worry about losing the BASIC program that I had just spent 3 days typing in only to knock the Ram pack (ZX81 with 16k expansion) LOL.....Guess we are going a bit off subject here, further update on my delivery below :-

WTF......out for delivery at 7:13 and then delayed at 7:30 ?? Just got off phone to DHL and the 7:30 message is an automated one that I can ignore....fingers still very tightly crossed

Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments

Delayed due to adverse weather 06/12/10 07:30 LOUGHBOROUGH HOME DELIVERY

Out for delivery 06/12/10 07:13 LOUGHBOROUGH HOME DELIVERY

Passed to delivery courier 04/12/10 05:09 LOUGHBOROUGH SERVICE CENTRE

Arrived At Depot 04/12/10 04:53 LOUGHBOROUGH SERVICE CENTRE

Departed Depot 03/12/10 18:52 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Arrived At Depot 03/12/10 18:50 HATFIELD TERMINAL

In transit to delivery depot 03/12/10 18:50 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Parcel Picked Up 03/12/10 14:10 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

Delayed due to adverse weather 03/12/10 07:30 LOUGHBOROUGH HOME DELIVERY

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 03/12/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE

Yeah i have the delayed due to adverse weather as well but its from the Aberdeen Service Centre. So it might just be in the correct part of the country ;) going to call CS to see where it really is as its supposed to be delivered to my work.

Guest nigelpwilson
Yeah i have the delayed due to adverse weather as well but its from the Aberdeen Service Centre. So it might just be in the correct part of the country ;) going to call CS to see where it really is as its supposed to be delivered to my work.

Funny thing is that I live in Nottingham and snow almost gone here now !!

mines at home ready for me ordered thursday last week arrived today yipee

According to the CS rep I spoke to this morning It's not possible that you've got yours before me, he was absolutely adamant that forward orders would get resolved before new orders in the event of stock arrival and nothing I could say would convince him otherwise. (edit to add, I'm not questioning what you're saying ;) )

Is there anybody else who ordered on Saturday 27th and is still to receive a tracking number etc?

Edited by coxy79

Guest mrhammi
According to the CS rep I spoke to this morning It's not possible that you've got yours before me, he was absolutely adamant that forward orders would get resolved before new orders in the event of stock arrival and nothing I could say would convince him otherwise. (edit to add, I'm not questioning what you're saying ;) )

Is there anybody else who ordered on Saturday 27th and is still to receive a tracking number etc?

*raises hand*

You're not alone ;-)

Guest Thresherinc

I'm still waiting for any kind of communication from them.

I'm still waiting for any kind of communication from them.

I have been fed up with the whole mess with this and I cannot remember who posted somewhere in the Vega forum, but I emailed John Browett over the weekend (CEO level in DSG) on [email protected] - apparently they did recieve the complaint and it is at the highest point at which this can be dealt with apparently. Yet to hear anything reply wise, but at least I know it was recieved and forwarded to be dealt with.

Might be good if those of you who are also annoyed/waiting emailed him as it may help them to get their act together?

Guest nigelpwilson

Can't wait much longer....arghhhhh!!!! Out for delivery today but no knock at the door yet with my Vegas. Got to fight the urge to open the Archos 101 that was delivered earlier today now (backup plan in case stock wasnt allocated to my order from 27th Nov)

Just spoke to an extremely helpful guy at DSG telesales support. Apparently my Vega was dispatched on Saturday but has been delayed due to adverse weather, I definitely didn't receive a tracking number via email although I have it now. It looks like I'll have it tomorrow.

I'm not sure how the first guy I spoke to this morning had no idea this had happened! I hope this is the same for the others in this thread who've had no tracking email.

Just got through to DHL CS he thought my package was still at Lincoln due to the weather but said there may be a slight chance its at the depot in Aberdeen waiting to be offloaded. So at least i have a package somewhere in the country.

Patience Hmm.....

Guest nigelpwilson

Mine finally came at about 5:15......had 15 mins playing on it and now time to work some of pauls magic on it....verdict so far.......awesome !!!! Well worth a 9 day wait !!!

Edited by nigelpwilson

Guest marky444

Mine finally arrived at 15.10 last night and haven't had much time to play with it yet, but it does look promising. Hope to do Pauls mods to it at the weekend as the wife has to work all weekend so will have some much needed quite time.

Guest Dogeron

I've emailed the following to John Browett, CEO, Dixons Group,

Dear Mr Browett,

I am sorry that I have to email you, but I really feel that your attention needs to be drawn to abomination that is DSG internet sales.

It is also obvious that you have serious issues with your Business Standards and your customer satisfaction KPI.

I hesitated to email you but realising that business realities may be filtered out by middle management (ho typically hype the good and play down the bad) felt that this would be beneficial to you.

If I may, I would like to outline my experience of using your internet service.

On the 2nd of December, following a twitter posting that more stock of the Advent Vega tablet (great buying decision by the way, you should really praise the buyer/technologist who identified the product) would be come available, I managed to place an order for one.

My order number was CURXXXXXXXXX.

Since that time I have heard nothing, no email, no telephone call and no letter.

This comprehensive breakdown in communication is not only bad for customer satisfaction but would seem to put your company in breach of the Distance Selling Regulations. This why I believe there are other departments in your organisation that to put it mildly, are asleep at the wheel.

Worse than this, from a customer satisfaction perspective, is that more stock have subsequently been received and has been dispatched to new customers, ignoring those customers patiently waiting to have their orders fulfilled. Customers who ordered after me have already received their goods. Frankly I find this lack of customer focus appalling.

Whilst your help in expediting my order would be appreciated, I would ask you to spend 30 minutes browsing the purchasing threads on the Advent Vega topic of the modaco.com website. The Advent Vega threads may be found here with threads of interest here and here . A quick glance will confirm that I am not alone in suffering appalling service.

I hope my email will enlighten you on the issues within your organisation and if you require any more information or comment please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Lets see what happens.

Dog

Guest Dogeron

We have a response.....

Dear XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail dated 7th of December 2010.

Sorry to learn of the difficulties that you have experienced with some of the aspects

of our service.

I have assigned your case to a member of the Customer Service Medics Team and they will

be contacting you over the next few days to discuss your matter on behalf of the Dixons Retail Executives.

May I politely request, if you have not done so already, please provide a contact telephone number

in order for us to provide you with the best possible service.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXX

Customer Service Medic

and my reply.....

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your email but given that this issue is not of my making and that I have a prima facie issue, in that some of your customers who order 2 days after me have already received their goods, I would have expected that you not only assigned a representative to my case, but also elevated its priority.

May I politely request that, if you have not done so already, you please check my customer record to find my contact telephone number so that you may provide me with the best possible service.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXX

Once again time to wait......

Guest Dogeron

Good news, I had a DHL delivery yesterday - yah! :)

It just goes to show how effective emailing the CEO is - email sent at 22:30hrs, 3 days ago - Vega delivered yesterday at 19:00hrs yesterday, less than 48 hours.

Like others, I received no email or tracking details.

But my recommendation to anyone still waiting - send a polite but firm email to John Browett the Chief Executive of DSG.

This has two benefits - you will get your Vega quickly and DSG will begin to understand that customers won't tolerate poor service.

Who knows, it may also give Mr Browett enough leverage to find the money to replace an obviously flawed order and processing system.

I think I'll take this to work to annoy the Vegaless! :)