** STOCK - 3rd BATCH ** - stock update today - around 15:30

Guest MonkeyBoy451

DSG rep told me categorically that they cannot do pre/forward orders. Supposedly ("legally" they claim) they have to fulfil an order when placed or cancel since they cannot charge CC. IOW's their IT system is not up to the jobs. Talk about last century service :P

Guest Cardblower
DSG rep told me categorically that they cannot do pre/forward orders. Supposedly ("legally" they claim) they have to fulfil an order when placed or cancel since they cannot charge CC. IOW's their IT system is not up to the jobs. Talk about last century service :P

It seems to me that it really depends on who you talk to, there are so many views floating around now.

It seems to me that it really depends on who you talk to, there are so many views floating around now.

Quite true. Earlier in the week the guy I spoke to said that they can ringfence the money for so many days (cannot remember how long now), so that they can do forward orders. And this morning was told that forward orders should take priority. Not sure that's the right phrasing, but it's pretty simple maths...

how much stock did you get this time

minus

how many orders did you not fullfil from last time

equals

the amount of stock you actually have to give to new customers.

I haven't touched any coding for over 15 years but could probably write something to manage that one...

Guest Al Sutton

Put an order through with PC Worlds site this morning and ended on a web page showing delivery would be on the 2nd/3rd Dec (yup, it really did say same day delivery :P ).

Just talked to the DSG call centre, they're showing -85 in stock and my order was actually "refused" due to not having any stock when I asked if that meant cancelled or delayed I got told that it was automatically cancelled.

So I've gone from a page saying "Your home delivery order will be delivered on 2 December - 3 December 2010" to my order being automatically cancelled without me being told a thing.

That alone is enough for me to go and order a different tablet.

Guest James Muscat

I'm another one with a forward order from Saturday... I've E-mailed PC World to get some sort of confirmation of if I'm actually going to receive a Vega or not. I'll post here when I get a response (though apparently their customer support staff have been struggling with white stuff falling from the sky...)

Guest Bobbler

Is it me or is this a complete shambles?

I really had thought DSG had grown up by now, but it seems that they are still stuck a time warp with regards to customer services as this is same old story of no idea of what they are up to.

Not even bothered to try this morning despite having the funds. If it's on the shelf when I walk in the store at some point in future then I will pick one up, not going through the messing around with diabolical online ordering, just not worth the effort or heartache.

Guest The Yellow Monster

ok,

After 13 minutes minutes on hold I finally got hold of PCW on the phone.

Conversation goes as follows:

Me:Can you please tell me when my item will be delivered?

Agent:It's showing out of stock sir.

Me:Well it wasn't out of stock when I ordered on Saturday!

Agent:We will get one you in a week

Me:It was in stock this morning, why wasn't I allocated one of then.

Me:But it was in stock this morning, why wasn't I allocated one of those.

Agent:It's showing out of stock sir, it's not in stock.

Me:But it was in stock this morning, the official Twitter said so.

Agent:I understand that sir but it's showing out of stock, in fact minus stock!

Me:I need an explanation as to why I've not been allocated from today's stock, you've had my money since Saturday!

Agent: I shall write to the department to get an explanation for you.

Me: ok thanks, bye.

Guest travisb
Now that was something I was interested in, but I could not find any online retailers that would ship it internationally. If you do find out how please let me know, as I agree the spec is def better, and worth the extra little bit of cash! I've tried Sears, Office Depot and somewhere else, but either they refer you to their UK site which doesn't have it yet, or they don't ship... also tried ebay and found a good price on one, but again no international shipping...

You could register with Bundle Box, you get an address to send to in the US, and all the duty etc is sorted up front. I've used it a couple of times.

Bundle Box

Edited by travisb

Guest space_cowboy1985
ok,

After 13 minutes minutes on hold I finally got hold of PCW on the phone.

Conversation goes as follows:

Me:Can you please tell me when my item will be delivered?

Me:Well it wasn't out of stock when I ordered on Saturday!

Agent:We will get one you in a week

Me:It was in stock this morning, why wasn't I allocated one of then.

Me:But it was in stock this morning, why wasn't I allocated one of those.

Agent:It's showing out of stock sir, it's not in stock.

Me:But it was in stock this morning, the official Twitter said so.

Agent:I understand that sir but it's showing out of stock, in fact minus stock!

Me:I need an explanation as to why I've not been allocated from today's stock, you've had my money since Saturday!

Agent: I shall write to the department to get an explanation for you.

Me: ok thanks, bye.

Thats f@ck*ng outrages.... I need to phone them myself about the same issue, im dreading it though, a conversation like that is going leave me tight chested and foaming at the mouth. Ive seen better stock systems on a chalk board.

If the archos would get itself into stock Id get one out of spite at the mo.

Guest nigelpwilson
Thats f@ck*ng outrages.... I need to phone them myself about the same issue, im dreading it though, a conversation like that is going leave me tight chested and foaming at the mouth. Ive seen better stock systems on a chalk board.

If the archos would get itself into stock Id get one out of spite at the mo.

They are back in stock now !

Guest space_cowboy1985

Ive just checked and they dont appear to be... You can get yourself a folio for 999 though.

I would be surprised if the stock delivery was only about 100 units and thats why people are still not getting theres from saturday. ive seen better tock systems on a chalk board. But if this was the case advent surely wouldnt of tweeted about it and encourage yet more dissapointment would they?

Guest James Muscat

Just had a phone call about my order...

From what I can gather, they weren't ever supposed to be offering "forward orders" - their policy is (as others have stated) to cancel orders if demand exceeds available supply. Since this clearly hasn't happened, their team in Hemel Hempstead are trying to work out the scheduling so that those who ordered first get delivery first... I get the impression that there's a department head somewhere who's going to have some questions to answer at some point :P

It's worth saying that every DSG employee I've spoken to so far has been both polite and helpful; it's a process failure, for sure, but it at least sounds like they're trying hard to make amends.

Guest Al Sutton
Just had a phone call about my order...

From what I can gather, they weren't ever supposed to be offering "forward orders" - their policy is (as others have stated) to cancel orders if demand exceeds available supply. Since this clearly hasn't happened, their team in Hemel Hempstead are trying to work out the scheduling so that those who ordered first get delivery first... I get the impression that there's a department head somewhere who's going to have some questions to answer at some point :P

It's worth saying that every DSG employee I've spoken to so far has been both polite and helpful; it's a process failure, for sure, but it at least sounds like they're trying hard to make amends.

That could explain why I've just got an email saying my order is preparing to be dispatched despite being told a few hours ago my order had been cancelled.

Second that. The poor sods taking all our complaints/queries have been very helpful. Just a shame that the management/whoever setup the system is a retard when it comes to stock control. Think we should all moan to watchdog instead and see what DSG does then.

Guest space_cowboy1985
Second that. The poor sods taking all our complaints/queries have been very helpful. Just a shame that the management/whoever setup the system is a retard when it comes to stock control. Think we should all moan to watchdog instead and see what DSG does then.

I second that.

Guest Cardblower

Well folks, it just goes to show, you can't believe all you hear, unless it's your door bell ringing with a DHL delivery man there.

Vega delivered (originally ordered on Saturday during the frenzy), I've had no emails regarding delivery at all, so, if you are one of Saturdays bunch, there still is hope that your Vega may well turn up very soon.

One happy chappy here :P

I managed to order one this morning ~ 09.00, but they were gone by 09.20. Not had an e-mail confirmation but that may not be unusual from previous posts.

I was checking the Currys site ~ every 10 mins yesterday as Twitter said they should be in warehouse by/after 15.30.

I do have one big problem though ''er indoors" will not let me play with it 'til Christmas as it's her pressie to me!!!!

Guest Cardblower
I managed to order one this morning ~ 09.00, but they were gone by 09.20. Not had an e-mail confirmation but that may not be unusual from previous posts.

I was checking the Currys site ~ every 10 mins yesterday as Twitter said they should be in warehouse by/after 15.30.

I do have one big problem though ''er indoors" will not let me play with it 'til Christmas as it's her pressie to me!!!!

Lol, thats where I had to be a little clever, "it's not a Christmas present love....it's a....ummmmm......something that I need?" :P

Guest dukla2000
Now that was something I was interested in, but I could not find any online retailers that would ship it internationally. If you do find out how please let me know, as I agree the spec is def better, and worth the extra little bit of cash! I've tried Sears, Office Depot and somewhere else, but either they refer you to their UK site which doesn't have it yet, or they don't ship... also tried ebay and found a good price on one, but again no international shipping...
I've got a mate coming back just after new year. Figure by then if I cant find them on the Chinese wholesalers/websites will ask him to carry one. $380 at Sears = £243 so same price, but you get 16Gb 'disk' and 2 USB.

I've got a mate coming back just after new year. Figure by then if I cant find them on the Chinese wholesalers/websites will ask him to carry one. $380 at Sears = £243 so same price, but you get 16Gb 'disk' and 2 USB.

They were my thoughts exactly, although doing a little more Googling on the G, it looks like it is more of a pain to put the official market onto. And I've seen a couple of video reviews where they haven't been able to install some basic games like Angry Birds. Do correct me if I'm wrong and have only seen the negative, as when I read the specs I was definitley interested in one!

Is getting bored of the Currys email system now - do you trust it? Overnight I recieved one of the 'delayed' emails...

And still not a single one from PCW but when I spoke to them yesterday.

I think this is my last attempt online. Like others if I happen to pass a store and find them there I'll get one, but otherwise I think I'm going to start looking into the other options more seriously now...

Guest space_cowboy1985

Still nothing from pc world... Im off work today, and hoping to see a dhl truck come my way. Ive never heard of a company taking your money, and not giving it back or shipping the product yet alone not be able to give a convincing reason s to why.

Still nothing from pc world... Im off work today, and hoping to see a dhl truck come my way. Ive never heard of a company taking your money, and not giving it back or shipping the product yet alone not be able to give a convincing reason s to why.

I agree and what makes it more annoying for me is that if you try to cancel the response is we can't because "it's in processing!"