O2 just sent me unlock code for my Dell Streak!

Guest twe

Guest adzman808

yeah absolutely i think i can blag this, but they're asking for proof of purchase & i'm guessing that "ebay, 2 months ago" isn't gonna win me sympathy...

my streak amusingly arrived with all prev owner data intact... i'm toying with contacting him & asking where he bought it... if he gets funny with me, i'll just mention all the texts about "meeting up to score a 10 bag" (i'm actually not kidding for once) but then maybe this means my streak has a chequed history & perhaps i dont wanna get in touch with this guy...?

I'll keep you all posted.

when i'm done (one way or the other unlocked or not) i'll tell you all who i spoke too, what i said & then you can do what i did (if i'm sucessful) or not, (if i'm not)

i don't actually need it unlocked, it's just i don't like the notion of it being locked :)

i can't imagine we're a million miles away from seeing unlock codes for sale via ebay... £6 to unlock my hd2, so perhaps we're all better off waiting (unless u use reb sim i guess, then your need is urgent)

Guest fester61
yeah absolutely i think i can blag this, but they're asking for proof of purchase & i'm guessing that "ebay, 2 months ago" isn't gonna win me sympathy...

my streak amusingly arrived with all prev owner data intact... i'm toying with contacting him & asking where he bought it... if he gets funny with me, i'll just mention all the texts about "meeting up to score a 10 bag" (i'm actually not kidding for once) but then maybe this means my streak has a chequed history & perhaps i dont wanna get in touch with this guy...?

If you are really not kidding about those messages I'd keep well clear. But I'd also make a backup copy of those messages, just in case.

For those desperate for an unlock code you can get it unlocked at http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/dellremoteunlock.htm not cheap but if you are desperate.

Edited by fester61

Guest adzman808
If you are really not kidding about those messages I'd keep well clear. But I'd also make a backup copy of those messages, just in case.

For those desperate for an unlock code you can get it unlocked at http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/dellremoteunlock.htm not cheap but if you are desperate.

not kidding re messages, although they were slightly more subtle than that...

haven't got a copy of them, didn't bother - none of my business & i don't wanna get involved

cheers for the link

sixty five sheets, jeeeez are they nuts, but as soon as one supplier can do it the rest wont be far behind...

imHo? under twenty quid from ebay by march. latest.

Guest hunterhs
Good news guys. I hassled O2 last week and this week and they sent me by email an unlock code for my O2 UK locked Dell Streak!

Am using my Vodafone sim card without a rebel sim so it worked. I used the online request service on their website, and they sent it free of charge! Not sure if you get lucky but I quoted the fact that companies out there are giving an unlock solution and the fact that the phone is not exclusive to O2 anymore.

Now I can look into moving to 2.2 :)

edit: cost £15 I think, got to wait for my account to have the info......

They just gave me the unlock code. They told me they are waiting for unlathcing procedure as well. What is this procedure? But I just unlocked my mobile as well. I am in Italy now, I can use italian sim card.

Edited by hunterhs

@adzman808: Yeah, mentioning eBay definitely doesn't help! That's probably why I'm not expecting anything to happen either.

@hunterhs: You got your unlock code?! How?! What did you tell them?!? How long did they take??

Guest hunterhs
@adzman808: Yeah, mentioning eBay definitely doesn't help! That's probably why I'm not expecting anything to happen either.

@hunterhs: You got your unlock code?! How?! What did you tell them?!? How long did they take??

Done! Unlocked! I just told them someone has got the unlock code, I wanted it as well. They asked me to provide the IMEI number last Monday, I got it today Wednesday.

Edited by hunterhs

Guest DoctorWkt

I'm in Australia, and after contacting O2 in early December about getting an unlock code, Sagar from O2 e-mailed it to me yesterday:

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:56:05 +0000 (GMT)

To: Warren .....

Subject: Re: O2:- Unlocking code  (KMM56.....)

x-mailer: KANA Response 10.1.0.34

Hi Warren,

The code you require is as follows: "028....."

Kind Regards

Sagar

I've applied it and it works, so I no longer need my Rebelsim card!

Guest darklord790
I'm in Australia, and after contacting O2 in early December about getting an unlock code, Sagar from O2 e-mailed it to me yesterday:

Hi Warren,

Kind Regards

Sagar

Hi 'DoctorWkt, I'm also having o2 locked phone and using rebel sim, help me to unlock my dell streak.

How did u contacted o2? And what are the details you have given to them while requesting for unlock code?

I've asked them and they said 'no, we don't supply them'. I don't see why they should supply some people and not others. So i've asked them again!

Haha, exactly! I will keep asking until i get what i want, like a spoiled child! :)

Are they Genuine? or Scammers? The codes they gives really work?

Guest sukicat

It seems that there is a new style of Form to Request a unlock code

which you have to put in your IMEI Number and a few more details

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&a...g&case=Hand

but it is does not make any Difference has this is the reply that I got from them

"I'm sorry, we can't unlock Dell Streak phone at this point of time. Once

it's available we'll update it on our website.

If you need anything else, just email me or visit our online Help

Centre:"

Waste of Time !!

Edited by sukicat

Guest darklord790
It seems that there is a new style of Form to Request a unlock code

which you have to put in your IMEI Number and a few more details

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&a...g&case=Hand

but it is does not make any Difference has this is the reply that I got from them

"I'm sorry, we can't unlock Dell Streak phone at this point of time. Once

it's available we'll update it on our website.

If you need anything else, just email me or visit our online Help

Centre:"

Waste of Time !!

I also tried this method but didn't work by giving a request and i also mentioned a O2 no.

Guest utahstreak

o2 just emailed me back again and said no! but they also said that anyone else stating that they have had there's unlocked by them is 'spreading strories'!!!

Hrmf

I'm sorry the Dell Streak can't be unlocked by us as it's an exclusive phone and the manufacturer haven't given us the unlocking rights. Please contact the manufacturer to get it unlocked.

If you need any help, please email us or you visit our online helps centre on:

http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/help

Regards

Yeshwant

O2 Customer Service

Telefónica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered

Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.

Hi Warren,

Kind Regards

Sagar

Yeh Sagar sent me my unlock code too.....

Have you tried installing Steves rom or anything? I haven't tempted it yet as I have required my phone/sat nav last 2-3 weeks but might try it next week.

Guest utahstreak

Have you tried installing Steves rom or anything? I haven't tempted it yet as I have required my phone/sat nav last 2-3 weeks but might try it next week.

Yeah of course they did :)

how did you fill out the online form when you don't have an O2 number?

i'm in AUS too but have no O2 number

Guest darklord790
how did you fill out the online form when you don't have an O2 number?

i'm in AUS too but have no O2 number

Don't fill that online form.

Simple, send a request mail to this e-mail id [email protected] and follow their instructions. I got unlock code almost within a day.

Yeh Sagar sent me my unlock code too

Finally got my unlock code from Sagar this morning after getting 4 refusals from various other O2 agents. I started by filling out the online form about 2 weeks ago then kept replying to their reply emails until my 5th email where I stated I don't see why they wouldn't give it to me when they did so for others on this forum and I would leave them alone once I got it. I guess I was lucky my last mail was picked up by this agent called Sagar - who knows maybe he is a fellow forum member...? :)

I registered just to thank all you guys on this thread whose advice I followed - without your input here I would never have known to even try. Thanks for sharing. I hope my success in getting unlocked helps others succeed too.

Edited by SAman1

Guest fester61

I've dealt with them a few times they have always been helpful, quick and honest. They refunded the fee when they couldn't unlock a dell 3g card for me and suggested a potential alternative (which wasn't needed as they had actually unlocked it).

Nokia unlock code provided in hours

Sony XP1 debranded and upgraded by return of post.