O2 just sent me unlock code for my Dell Streak!

Guest twe

I guess I might as well try again then, seeing as to how so many people are getting lucky!!! The form doesn't seem accept non-O2 numbers. How did you guys fill up that form?? I used the "Not an O2 customer" option for now. Let's see how it goes.

Edited by Edrill

Guest utahstreak

Hello ######

I'm sorry the Dell Streak can't be unlocked by us as it's an exclusive

phone and the manufacturer haven't given us the unlocking rights.

Please contact the manufacturer to get it unlocked.

It's not even an exclusive phone to them, as tesco, vodafone and orange all sell it now :)

Edited by utahstreak

Hello ######

I'm sorry the Dell Streak can't be unlocked by us as it's an exclusive

phone and the manufacturer haven't given us the unlocking rights.

Please contact the manufacturer to get it unlocked.

Tell them it's not true since so many modaco forumites had ours unlocked by them. Just keep on providing your IMEI number every time you reply to them til they give you your unlock code. Be persistent.

Guest darklord790
I guess I might as well try again then, seeing as to how so many people are getting lucky!!! The form doesn't seem accept non-O2 numbers. How did you guys fill up that form?? I used the "Not an O2 customer" option for now. Let's see how it goes.

Hi Edrill u must use O2 no, I used O2 no and i got the unlock code immediately.

Edited by darklord790

No other way around it?? I don't have an O2 number.

I used the Email response thingy thave on their webpage. there you can put that you are not a O2 customer and put a non O2 number, but you need to find a postal code... haha

I havent got the code yet. But im still replying to every reply I get ^^

why dont you just emay this: [email protected] :)

Already did the non-O2 customer thing. But I figure that being a non-O2 customer and declaring it, they'll probably not give a s*** and let it drag on for as long as possible. Or at least until my emails reach Sagar! Lol.

Guest utahstreak
Tell them it's not true since so many modaco forumites had ours unlocked by them. Just keep on providing your IMEI number every time you reply to them til they give you your unlock code. Be persistent.

Sent another one, not going to take no for an answer from someone who doesn't know jack :)

I have a Streak which bought privately and an o2 sim only contract

If this is of any help, hear is the way I just unlocked mine free of charge and a day later (yesterday) my upgrade to 2.2 came through, bearing in mind this has taken about 10 days. you will understand why, as you read!

I emailed o2 and simply asked for an unlocking code, knowing the reply I would get setting in motion my already written response thanks to adzman

o2 replied

Hello

I'm sorry the Dell Streak can't be unlocked by us as it's an exclusive phone and the manufacturer haven't given us the unlocking rights. Please contact the manufacturer to get it unlocked. I hope this helps. If you need any help, please email us or you visit our online helps centre on, (unable to post link)

I then replied

Hi

My understanding is the streak is no longer exclusive to o2 & therefore should qualify for unlocking. Other people have successfully obtained an unlock code for their streak from o2 The streak is now available on orange & vodafone (unable to post link) Also the streak is available sim free directly from dell or via tesco & argos (unable to post links) I understand that when first released this handset was exclusive to o2 & therefore not available for unlock. But as I’ve demonstrated this is no longer the case. I have no intention to leave o2, I like O2 that's why I came back to you, It's the fact that I bought this O2 Dell Streak privately and am using a sim only contract from you. Besides the dell streak is now available for unlocking via 3rd party companies (unable to post link) Please can you provide the unlock code, obviously I would rather deal directly with yourselves, but if need be I can get my device unlocked via the 3rd party. as i say, I’m very happy with O2 - please don't ruin the relationship I have with O2. If required I’d be delighted to talk to an O2 representative from your service management team to ensure my needs as a customer are met Thanks & regards

o2 replied

Hi

We don't have the code for this one on our database & will need to request this from the manufacturer. I'll have this requested & pass it on to you as soon as we get the code back.

Kind Regards

I replied

Dell Streak, and my IMEI number is= 354************

After a while I replied

l seem to be still awaiting my unlock code, is there a problem?

o2 replied

Hello

Thanks for your email. I'm sorry you haven't received your unlatching code yet and for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately, we're having trouble getting the codes for Dell Streak devices at the moment but we'll keep requesting the code you need. I'm afraid I can't tell you how long this will take, but as soon as we have the code you need we'll let you know. If there's anything else we can do for you just drop us an email. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind Regards

I replied

Re my waiting for my Dell Streak unlatching code. If you haven't got my code on your database and have to retrieve it direct from dell, does this mean that I will also have a problem with the O2 Android 2.2 upgrade which is due out today?

Next day I received my unlatching code

Hi

We have receive unlatching code for your Dell Streak handset however we haven't receive unlatching procedure for the same. The code you require for your handset is "02******"

Kind Regards

The procedure is simple take out your sim and put in a competitors, Tmobile, Vodafone etc. it will then ask for the code when you switch back on.

All this was over a 10 day period

Hope this is some use to somebody

This is the reply I just got.

Hi Edrill,

Thank you for your unlatching request.

Please provide us the o2 mobile number which use against IMEI mention on

the form to procced this request.

Kind Regards,

Yuvraj

I don't have an O2 number. Do I reply saying I'm out of the country and don't have one or something like that??

Last reply:

I'm sorry about getting your phone unlocked.

I know that the Dell Streak isn't exclusive to us anymore. But, our network has not yet taken the decision to unlock it. Once we decide to unlock them, it'll be updated on our website.

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Regards

Helen

O2 Customer Service

Telefónica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered

Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.

Guest grigoris

The reply they have given me is :

Hello Gregory

Thanks for emailing us about unlocking your Dell streak.

I'm sorry but we're not untaching Dell streak currently, as it's exclusively available with O2.

I hope things get sorted soon.

Regards

Dinesh

O2 Customer Service

Telefsnica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered

Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.

I have already replied back to them

and waiting ............

Guest Shauneh

Yeah I just went to o2 Web Chat, ive been skim reading so I dunno if anyone has said to talk to them but this is what happened to me.

Welcome to O2 live chat. Someone will start chatting with you soon.

You're through to Kay.

Shaun: Hi

Kay: Hi I'm Kay. How can I help?

Shaun: Can I use this chat pannel to talk about unlocking?

Kay: Yes.

Kay: Your security question is ******************?

Kay: Thanks.

Kay: May I have the IMEI number of your phone?

Shaun: 354************

Kay: Are you using an iPhone?

Shaun: nope

Kay: Please give me a moment.

Shaun: ok :)

Kay: May I have your email address please?

Shaun: a*******@gmail.com

Kay: May have the phone's make and model please?

Shaun: Dell - Streak

Kay: Thanks for waiting so long.

Kay: Your phone will be unlocked within 7 working days.

Kay: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Shaun: No thats it Thank you :)

Kay: You're welcome.

Kay: Bye and Merry Christmas.

Shaun: To you to :)

Sounds a bit weird as they haven't given me a code yet but its only been 10 mins not giving up haha :)

Wish me luck ;)

--

Shauneh

Edited by Shauneh

@ulfses: Yeah, they've asked for an O2 number. I've replied back saying I'm currently not in the UK (which is true! Lol) and so don't have an O2 number. Let's see what they come back to me with.

The way I see it, even if we give them some random O2 number, they'd still be able to tell what SIM was registered to a locked Streak when it was initially sold, right?? Or am I missing something here??

The way I see it, even if we give them some random O2 number, they'd still be able to tell what SIM was registered to a locked Streak when it was initially sold, right?? Or am I missing something here??

i dont think it matters. I dont think they link the phone to any specific number - as you could change that at any time.

I will really try the online chat - see if that helps :)

Guest utahstreak

Chat this morning

You're through to Sheldon.

Sheldon: Hi I'm Sheldon. How can I help?

#####: Can I use this chat pannel to talk about unlocking?

Sheldon: Yes, you can.

Sheldon: Can I know the make and model of the phone?

#####: can i get my dell streak unlocked please

Sheldon: I'm afraid we don't unlock Dell Streak.

#####: i've heard from other owners that you now unlock them? by just posting/giving you my imei number

Sheldon: We have started unlocking the iPhone 4 but not Dell Streak.

#####: but i know of other dell streak owners that have had it done?

Sheldon: I'm really sorry but we haven't started unlocking it.

Sheldon: Is there anything else I can help you with?

#####: then how did they get there's unlocked by this method? they filled in the form or chatted to the advice line entered their imei number and 1 week later they got their unlock code?

Sheldon: We have just started unlocking the iPhone 4. If we plan to unlock the Dell Streak in future. we'll surely inform all our Dell Streak customers about it.

#####: I don't thinks it's fare that you offer unlock codes to some people and not others, they had theirs uncloked by someone called kay and another by someone called sagar if that's any help

Sheldon: I'm sure you'll understand this.

#####: understand what?

Sheldon: Let me check this once again.

#####: please do

Sheldon: I've checked the system and the updates and see that we haven't started unlocking the Dell Streak phones.

i guess it depends entirely on who you talk.

Sheldon: I'm sure you'll understand this.

#####: understand what?

Sheldon: Let me check this once again.

#####: please do

Haha, thats close to an insult! ^^

Do they think you are stupid? ;)

*ups, read a bit fast - thought it said that you didnt understad it... :)

Edited by ulfses

Guest stoney1973

Been on with live chat a minute or two ago, no dice.

"Welcome to O2 live chat. Someone will start chatting with you soon.

You're through to Abigail.

Abigail: Hi I'm Abigail. How can I help?

Peter Holden: Hi Abigail

Peter Holden: Can I use this chat panel to talk about unlocking?

Abigail: Sure. Please go ahead.

Peter Holden: Hi, I am emigrating to s.africa in january, and would like to unlock my o2 paygo phone.

Abigail: I'll help you with this.

Peter Holden: thank you.

Abigail: Which phone do you have?

Peter Holden: i have the dell streak

Abigail: I'm sorry, we aren't unlocking Dell Streak yet.

Abigail: I'd suggest you to keep checking our website for updates if we start unlocking it in future.

Peter Holden: oh, May I ask why not?

Abigail: It's because it's exclusively for O2 customers.

Peter Holden: oh, but tescos and carphonewarehouse sell the del strek, with or without contract.

Abigail: I'm sorry but we can't unlock this phone.

Peter Holden: But why?

Peter Holden: Not being funny, but the reason you gave, re it being exclusive to o2, just isnt valid with it being sold in other shops

Peter Holden: Is their a way to escalate this?

Peter Holden: *there

Peter Holden: Hello?

Abigail: Please click here

Abigail: This link shows that this phone is exclusively for O2 customers.

Abigail: Sorry, but we can't unlock the phone even if it's escalated.

Peter Holden: So, just what do i do with this phone now?

Peter Holden: It's not like o2 is going to miss my business, because I'm going to be in S.A.

Abigail: I'm sorry but we'd have been happy to unlock it if it was possible.

Peter Holden: But Dell say it is up to o2 to unlock this phone.

Peter Holden: Now its just a brick without a simcard

Abigail: I understand your concern but we can't unlock the phone yet.

Peter Holden: but it isnt exclusive.

Peter Holden: http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phon...-(24mths)-Free-

Internet/7649834?adnetwork=af

Peter Holden: http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phon...81?adnetwork=af

Abigail: I'm sorry but I can't open this website as we don't have the access to do that.

Peter Holden: oh for crying out loud.

Peter Holden: Can we escalate this please?

Abigail: I'll transfer this chat to my Supervisor.

Peter Holden: Thanks Abigail

Abigail: You're welcome.

Abigail: Hi Peter, I'm Jean. I'll go through your previous conversation.

Peter Holden: Hi Jean. Thanks.

Abigail: As mentioned by Abigail, we can't unlock the Dell Streak.

Peter Holden: She mentioned that it was because it is exclusive, but that isnt valid as there are other retailers selling the dell streak with or without contract.

Peter Holden: http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phon...-(24mths)-Free-

Internet/7649834?adnetwork=af

Peter Holden: http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phon...81?adnetwork=af

Abigail: When it was launched it was with O2 so it was exclusive to O2 and it can't be unlocked.

Peter Holden: Also its quite an expensive phone to just let sit around not being used. I would use an o2 sim, but next month I leave toe migrate to S.africa.

Abigail: I understand its an expensive phone.

Peter Holden: So the phone 'was' exclusive, but it isnt anymore. I dont see the problem. Dell say it isupto o2 to unlock it.

Abigail: You can keep your O2 SIM card active and also keep checking our website to know when it can be unlocked.

Peter Holden: Sorry?

Peter Holden: in south africa?

Peter Holden: they have different networks over there. O2 doesnt work there.

Abigail: You do get coverage of MTN and Vodacom there and you'll be able to use your O2 SIM card there.

Peter Holden: i know there is vodacom and mtn, also cellC. How am i supposed to use my phone if it isnt unlocked?

Peter Holden: are you trying to suggest that i buy o2 airtime to use until O2 sees fit to unlock a non-exclusive phone?

Abigail: You can still use your O2 SIM card there as we have tie-up with MTN and Vodacom.

Peter Holden: do you know how expensive that would be?

Abigail: You have to Top-Up only once in 999 days and make a chargeable call every six months to keep it active.

Abigail: I do agree that the roaming charges would be high but there's no other option for me to suggest you at this time.

Peter Holden: you still dont explain how im supposed to use my phone over there without it being unlocked.

Peter Holden: its ridiculous.

Peter Holden: basically im being told to 'hump it'

Peter Holden: ok. you cant/wont help. whats the step to formally complain?

Abigail: You can use the SIM card by selecting the two networks but the roaming charges will be incurred.

Peter Holden: well, that still doesnt help?

Abigail: Please give me a minute.

Peter Holden: that would be an horrendous amount of cash to be able to use a non-exclusive phone.

Peter Holden: I'm not on contract, i didnt get the phone for free.

Abigail: I definitely understand the situation but there is nothing I can do to unlock the phone.

Abigail: You can fax your complaint to the number 01133 881 153 or send it to the email address ([email protected]).

Abigail: Our team will review your complaint and they'll contact you with their findings within five working days. "

So after all that, still nothing.