O2 just sent me unlock code for my Dell Streak!

Guest twe

Guest drtalar

Still no luck:

Thanks for emailing us.

I'm sorry but we can't unlock Dell Streak as it's exclusively available

with O2.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, just email me or visit our

online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp

Regards

Saumit

O2 Customer Service

Telefónica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered

Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.

Guest stoney1973
Still no luck:

Thanks for emailing us.

with O2.

online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp

Regards

Saumit

O2 Customer Service

Telefónica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered

Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.

you should address the email ' For Attention of SAGAR'.

Though I received a positive reply from 'Prachi' aswell. so thats another name to try. Prachi wants £15 to unlock, and asks for details.

SaGar just says he will send a request for unlock code. Remember to send your IMEI number in each email. Give them less chance to refuse.

They are both requesting an unlock code. wonder who will be quicker? Will report back when/if the code comes through.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest flapheadx
you should address the email ' For Attention of SAGAR'.

Though I received a positive reply from 'Prachi' aswell. so thats another name to try. Prachi wants £15 to unlock, and asks for details.

SaGar just says he will send a request for unlock code. Remember to send your IMEI number in each email. Give them less chance to refuse.

They are both requesting an unlock code. wonder who will be quicker? Will report back when/if the code comes through.

I agree. I sent 6 mails without success, but for my last mail, I explicitly addressed it to Sagar, and I got a reply by him immediatly saying he will ask for the code....

Fingers crossed for any news...

Good luck to all of you (us...)

Still no luck:

Thanks for emailing us.

with O2.

lol....what a load of garbage.....I sent them another email yesterday to check how my request with Sagar is going....this is what they replied me:

Hi Steven

Thanks for replying to Sagar's email.

The Dell Streak isn't exclusively available with us and our network

hasn't took any decision to unlock it. Once it's decided, it'll be

updated on our website. I can't say if the other service providers can

unlock it. If you're able to get it unlocked from any third party you

can do it at your own discretion and in the process of doing so, if it

goes faulty we'll not be able to help you.

We value your relationship with us and we don't want to lose it. To get

more info, please call us on 202 free from your O2 phone or 0844 809

0202 (5p/min from a BT landline). We're open from 8am to 9pm on

weekdays, 8am to 8pm on Saturday and 8am to 6pm on Sunday.

Online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Regards

Shyalesh

O2 Customer Service

this chick is saying that the streak is NOT exclusive to O2...

all excuses and excuses.....

ps... i have sent back another email specially addressed to Sagar...so hopefully he will get it instead of other people and tell me how my request with Dell is going...

Guest Ben Hadid
lol....what a load of garbage.....I sent them another email yesterday to check how my request with Sagar is going....this is what they replied me:

Hi Steven

Thanks for replying to Sagar's email.

The Dell Streak isn't exclusively available with us and our network

hasn't took any decision to unlock it. Once it's decided, it'll be

updated on our website. I can't say if the other service providers can

unlock it. If you're able to get it unlocked from any third party you

can do it at your own discretion and in the process of doing so, if it

goes faulty we'll not be able to help you.

We value your relationship with us and we don't want to lose it. To get

more info, please call us on 202 free from your O2 phone or 0844 809

0202 (5p/min from a BT landline). We're open from 8am to 9pm on

weekdays, 8am to 8pm on Saturday and 8am to 6pm on Sunday.

Online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Regards

Shyalesh

O2 Customer Service

this chick is saying that the streak is NOT exclusive to O2...

all excuses and excuses.....

ps... i have sent back another email specially addressed to Sagar...so hopefully he will get it instead of other people and tell me how my request with Dell is going...

Hi there!

First I'd like to thanks the first guy that said he had got his phone unlocked by o2 trying to help the others and despite many people said he was a liar all what he was doing is trying to help the others.

All members of the o2 customer service are saying that there is no decision on this appart from that one guy (Sagar) that is really trying to help people and giving a great customer service to people.

So please in your email do not address your email to Sagar because it will become suspicious just keep emailing with different titles until one of your emails arrive to him.

Because imagine if the guy was getting 50 emails addressed to him everyday, at one point or another his colleagues will get suspicious and try to get him into trouble.

So please do not address your email to him but instead keep emailing until you get lucky.

I have received an answer from Sagar today (finally). He said he is going to request the unlock code for me and it might take sometime as dell have some delay in replying lately.

Happy new year to all of you and happy new year to Sagar who is probably the most popular guy in this topic. Keep it up mate and thanks for helping us.

Cheers

Guest stoney1973
Hi there!

First I'd like to thanks the first guy that said he had got his phone unlocked by o2 trying to help the others and despite many people said he was a liar all what he was doing is trying to help the others.

All members of the o2 customer service are saying that there is no decision on this appart from that one guy (Sagar) that is really trying to help people and giving a great customer service to people.

So please in your email do not address your email to Sagar because it will become suspicious just keep emailing with different titles until one of your emails arrive to him.

Because imagine if the guy was getting 50 emails addressed to him everyday, at one point or another his colleagues will get suspicious and try to get him into trouble.

So please do not address your email to him but instead keep emailing until you get lucky.

I have received an answer from Sagar today (finally). He said he is going to request the unlock code for me and it might take sometime as dell have some delay in replying lately.

Happy new year to all of you and happy new year to Sagar who is probably the most popular guy in this topic. Keep it up mate and thanks for helping us.

Cheers

Also dont forget, I had a positive reply from 'Prachi' aswell, so theres another option.

Yeah, makes sense not to put Sagar's name in the subject line. I mean, from the responses we've all gotten, he eventually gets around to looking at all emails pertaining to the unlocks. So I suppose it would just be enough to put in "Unlock code for Dell Streak" or something to that effect in the subject line till we get a response from Sagar, rather putting his name in the subject line and getting him in trouble and ruining all our chances at getting the unlock codes.

Yeah, makes sense not to put Sagar's name in the subject line. I mean, from the responses we've all gotten, he eventually gets around to looking at all emails pertaining to the unlocks. So I suppose it would just be enough to put in "Unlock code for Dell Streak" or something to that effect in the subject line till we get a response from Sagar, rather putting his name in the subject line and getting him in trouble and ruining all our chances at getting the unlock codes.

lol......finally got the hold of Sagar by specially addressing to him on my email title and this is what he said to me in the email:

Hi Steven,

Sorry for the confusion.

O2 recently started unlatching of Dell streak handset.

Kind Regards

Sagar

so yeah....for all those of you have O2 streaks...just email O2 (specially address to SAGAR or Prachi [as someone else also have +ve feedback from him] in title) to unlatch your handsets.....

Enjoy!

Edited by DMax99

I think it is BETTER to have your email specially addressed to Sagar. The time when I got the reply from the chick was when i did NOT address to him. Sure if you feel lucky and don't mind sending them more than one emails than you can choose not to address to him.

I did not get a reply from him until I got the first rejection reply.

I don't think we need to worry about addressing to Sagar or Prachi because I got the confirmations email as shown in the above post.

Unless people start to get +ve feedback from other operators apart from Sagar or Prachi we should continue to address to them. Plus i'm sure once they get overloaded with too much requests, they will have to eventually get everyone to help unlatching.

Guest stoney1973

Have just had this reply from O2 CRemail.

"Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

I’m sorry to hear you’re unhappy with O2’s policy regarding unlatching the Dell Streak. I can appreciate your frustration with this.

The information you were given when calling customer service is correct. Our terms and conditions state that if you're a Pay & Go customer, your O2 mobile can be unlocked 12 months after purchase for a one-off £15 fee which we'll deduct from your airtime balance. The only exception are handsets which are exclusive to O2 which remain locked to the O2 network as we want our customers to have the very best Smartphone experience.

Although you don’t meet the criteria to unlock your phone, I see that since sending your email, as a one off gesture of goodwill because you’re emigrating, an unlocking code for your Dell Streak has been requested and will be sent to you within the next 12 days. I hope this has resolved your query.

If you have any further queries about this issue, I'm available Monday to Thursday, between 8.00am and 4.30pm. Alternatively, one of my colleagues will be happy to help. Our office is open Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 6.30pm.

Kind regards

Carol Moore Complaint Review Service

Tel – 0845 3300684

Fax - 01133881153

O2

"

Yup, before i got the replies from sagar and Prachi, I made a complaint. Saying that I was emigrating and asking why they wouldnt help me. Sneaky, yes, I know. But this is the THIRD positive reply.

Guest grigoris

I was using my Streak with rebel sim II v1.2 , till I upgraded to froyo 2.2 and the Streak locked again.

On Dec. 21st I got a positive answer from Sagar and I am waiting......

Meanwhile I upgraded the rebel sim to beta v1.3 and got the Streak working again !!!

Ofcourse my priority is to get the code from our friend Sagar.

At least till then I can use my Streak again !

Happy New Year to all !

I was using my Streak with rebel sim II v1.2 , till I upgraded to froyo 2.2 and the Streak locked again.

On Dec. 21st I got a positive answer from Sagar and I am waiting......

Meanwhile I upgraded the rebel sim to beta v1.3 and got the Streak working again !!!

Ofcourse my priority is to get the code from our friend Sagar.

At least till then I can use my Streak again !

Happy New Year to all !

Really? I thought with the beta 1.3 version, 3G does not work.

Well it doers not work properly fir me anyways, even when making and receiving calls are not possible.

Guest grigoris
Really? I thought with the beta 1.3 version, 3G does not work.

Well it doers not work properly fir me anyways, even when making and receiving calls are not possible.

yes, 2 days now that I am testing it , 3G is not working .

But making and receiving calls as usual.

Guest Acky1337

I have started my battles with O2 as well. Just mailed O2`s, will see what happens. Taking the slow lucky route just by kindly asking without putting up any proof lol.

Guest LinusR

On the 21st i got a reply from sagar that he had requested my code. One week later,28th i asked where my unlock code is and i got this strange reply:

Thanks for your email.

I'm sorry you haven't received your unlatching code yet and for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately, we're having trouble getting the codes for Dell Streak devices at the moment but we'll keep requesting the code you need. I'm afraid I can't tell you how long this will take, but as soon as we have the code you need we'll let you know.

If there's anything else we can do for you just drop us an email. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind Regards Sagar

But somebody said in this thread he asked for the code on the 28th and got it just hours later.

Am i the only one who received this message? Why do some get their code within hours and i'm told they're having trouble getting the code? I don't understand this!

Guest DMax99
On the 21st i got a reply from sagar that he had requested my code. One week later,28th i asked where my unlock code is and i got this strange reply:

Thanks for your email.

I'm sorry you haven't received your unlatching code yet and for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately, we're having trouble getting the codes for Dell Streak devices at the moment but we'll keep requesting the code you need. I'm afraid I can't tell you how long this will take, but as soon as we have the code you need we'll let you know.

If there's anything else we can do for you just drop us an email. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind Regards Sagar

But somebody said in this thread he asked for the code on the 28th and got it just hours later.

Am i the only one who received this message? Why do some get their code within hours and i'm told they're having trouble getting the code? I don't understand this!

lol....me too...i got exactly the same message from him about 3 days ago. i have been waiting for the code for about 3 weeks now.

i'm not too sure why some phone's code are in their data base and quick for them to retrieve and some of them (like mine) are not and will have to take this long. it does make me wonder how those people can get their code so quick

Guest Acky1337

I got my first reply from O2 and I am talking to a guy called Yuvraj :unsure: weird name though, but he literally just asked me the IMEI number in order to proceed with the unlocking, did not even say about that not being possible, sooo hoping for the best.

Guest Acky1337

I just got a reply again and it was from Sagar! I think I just get lucky, what he said to me was that usually the request goes through in one day? lol, well he said I should be able to get my unlock code by tomorrow. lol

Guest yosemite-sam

Im expecting another reply now, ive been waiting on sagar to get the code from dell. but the only reply i got when asking for an update was that sagar gave misinformation! its getting stupid now.

Guest Acky1337

lol give sagar a break, he is still a great guy! :unsure: I am patiently waiting for tomorrow to see if they will get my code or not, I highly doubt I will actually get the code tomorrow, but will see, if I do, I will be a happy happy streaker B)