[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ejhollin
But its not just a green bar - the whole image has a slight 'ghost' effect which makes the videos colours off.

Yes, it definitely needs to be fixed as far as I'm concerned.

Guest ambisingh

how do we change the lock screen as before when changing the home screen wallpaper in other 2.2 roms it would change the lock screen wall paper as well and now it doesn't also when holding the home screen it doesn't give the option of changing lock screen

Thanks

My suggestion is to leave Chinese language, and some applications such as the Chinese calender (widget) and Chinese ringtones in the release

or if not then as an option, as there are not only seemingly quite a few people from China here who have this phone, but also Chinese speaking people in many countries who would probably appreciate the feature

Especially as one of them was nice enough to dump the rom for us to play with

Is it necessary to wipe if coming from the flibblesan r3a froyo rom?

Yes

Edit: If you don't then you'll get lots of crashed once it starts and it wont run anything, wipe first then you'll be fine.

(speaking as someone who tried installing it over the r3 rom and found out the hard way)

Edited by Lew247

alpha2 work in progress kitchen now available in post 2.

alpha2 prebake will be online at the end of today!

P

Changelog

alpha2 (upcoming, available via kitchen)

• Completely rebuilt with the MCR optimisation scripts
  • Enabled hardware acceleration + stagefright tweaking
  • Fixed 'su' problem (Root Explorer fix)
  • Changed browser homepage to Google (may only take effect after a hard reset, can be configured in settings menu)
  • Streaming video sound fix (thanks flibblesan)
  • All languages enabled
  • Calendar fix
  • Added stock Android keyboard with word prediction
  • Network Location / Checkin Provider signature fixes
  • Reverted Camera app to Chinese version (with stock merges) to gain additional settings
  • Added A2SD / A2SD+
  • Exchange Email fix
  • Further stock icon reversions

how do we change the lock screen as before when changing the home screen wallpaper in other 2.2 roms it would change the lock screen wall paper as well and now it doesn't also when holding the home screen it doesn't give the option of changing lock screen

Thanks

Reading without punctuation makes my brain hurt.

P

Guest martook
Is it possible to awake device using back or menu button (single or double press), rather than using the power button?

This!

It's been driving me nuts, since I'm used to the Galaxy S where you can use the menu

button to awaken the phone. Also, since the power button is in an annoying place on the

Blade, it would be nice to be able to use another button. Considering the price of the thing,

I half expect the power button to stop working soon :P

I've tried all sorts of fixes for it to no avail... I'm still on original orange firmware though.

Widgetlocker has a function for using other buttons as well that works fine - as long as you

have the USB power connected to the Blade. Disconnect it and it stops working. Bah!

Guest rayraven
thing is, who cares about a green bar?

stage as in stagefright? if there flash hope yet?

StageVideo has nothing to do with Stagefright.

StageVideo is a new API for flash and Stagefright is a decoding engine in Android.

Guest cmberry20
It's been driving me nuts, since I'm used to the Galaxy S where you can use the menu

button to awaken the phone. Also, since the power button is in an annoying place on the

Blade, it would be nice to be able to use another button.

oh live with it.

It annoyed me first but it makes it harder for the phone to unlock in your pocket.

Edited by cmberry20

Guest Frankish

Ahh damn you Paul. End of the day! :D

I will have to go ad free when i can afford it.

Could someone use the kitchen with default functions to make a prebake and post up please? :P

Ahh damn you Paul. End of the day! :D

I will have to go ad free when i can afford it.

Could someone use the kitchen with default functions to make a prebake and post up please? :P

Please don't do this, I don't want different versions of alpha2 floating around... the 'constantly changing alpha2 kitchen' is something to provide rather than 'everyone wait until the end of the day'... but for people's own personal use or it'll get confusing.

P

Guest cmberry20
StageVideo has nothing to do with Stagefright.

StageVideo is a new API for flash and Stagefright is a decoding engine in Android.

And a StageCoach is a type of covered wagon for passengers and goods. :P

Guest sorrowuk

No changes need to be made to GPS.

It works 100% Perfectly just like the original on 2.1

Its accurate to about a metre.

So if its not working for someone there phone is broke or they live in a dodgy area with no satellites.

Guest Frankish
Please don't do this, I don't want different versions of alpha2 floating around... the 'constantly changing alpha2 kitchen' is something to provide rather than 'everyone wait until the end of the day'... but for people's own personal use or it'll get confusing.

P

Ahh ok fair enough.

Guest RichBayliss
Yepp - can't open any item (it syncs good, can see all folders but can't open any mail no matter if from Inbox or Sent).

It's only with this build (that I've seen this to happen)...

Brill thanks - I dont use the standard Android email client as my connectivity requires a port to be specified. I use a corrected version (modified FRF91 version, tweaked and compiled by myself) which is why I don't see this issue. I just wondered if I should be fixing any other bugs :P

Guest Totyasrác

Just an update on battery (using apha1):

70% in 6.5 hours after fully charging. Making quite a few calls, some Market, BT always on, Talk, Twitter, SMS/MMS etc. Regular use.

Much much better than other Froyo ROMs so far (dialer issue is gone I guess), similar to Eclair versions. Gooooooooooooooodie :P

Just an update on battery (using apha1):

70% in 6.5 hours after fully charging. Making quite a few calls, some Market, BT always on, Talk, Twitter, SMS/MMS etc. Regular use.

Much much better than other Froyo ROMs so far (dialer issue is gone I guess), similar to Eclair versions. Gooooooooooooooodie :P

Loving this news!