[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I have R8 made from kitchen, but I can't get GPS fix, on incoming or outgoing calls can't see name, only number. When I write a new message can't pick name from contact list, only type number manually:( Unlock with Menu button won't work.

I'm very disappointed. I'm considering to return to R4 enclair

Edited by mnavak

Hi Paul,

I've been using MCR Froyo r4 up until today. After r8 installation (correctly wiping data and cache with Clockwork 2.5.1.8) , the Dialer application crashes.

I faced this problem in r4 as well. After doing a Factory reset and reboot, still the problem persists. Any ideas?

-ZTE Blade OLED.

Guest mark2410

just moved from R4 to R8 and dialer crashes but the one attached to contacts works, whats still doesnt and is a bit annoying is that i cant use touchpal. if i try it just hides itself if i hit a key. the gingerbread one is crap with no bloody comma, wtf is that about?

Guest evilpaul
the gingerbread one is crap with no bloody comma, wtf is that about?

Press and hold the full stop key and you get a pop-up where you can select other punctuation marks, including the comma.

Guest mark2410
Press and hold the full stop key and you get a pop-up where you can select other punctuation marks, including the comma.

but its sooooooooo slow, i loved touchpals slide to select things

Guest BladeWS

I don't like it either. I'm searching for an other keyboard input method, that supports Greek and auto correction

I had TouchPal in my stock Blade, i backup it with titanium, but it doesn't work.

Cheers for R8 ;)

Guest SniperZoz
Sadly not, it's a framework setting. Altho, actually, I could probably abstract it from there... *ponders*

P

Happy I got you thinking ... maybe it will be a feature in the next release ;)

Just need the caller id fix and i'm sorted for now - tried the sql thingy but was in a hurry and didn't get it to work ... had to leave anyway!

Also - anyone wanting to remove the faulty dialer just run Titanium Backup in Chuck Norris mode and uninstall it! The stock android dialer is fine!

Edited by SniperZoz

Guest t0mm13b

Paul, Don't forget to compile a kernel module -the nls_utf8 module for cifs manager to work.... see this thread... otherwise samba cifs manager (from market place) will fail spectacularly.... also - look into the thread about kernel optimization.... read through it and is it worth having CPU_IDLE switched on in the kernel configuration? :D

Oh and another thing - Droidwall 1.4.6 by Rodigro ZR crashes spectacularly with a message stating the handset is not rooted????!!!! ;)

This happened on both R7 and R8..... :)

Edited by t0mm13b

I don't like it either. I'm searching for an other keyboard input method, that supports Greek and auto correction

I had TouchPal in my stock Blade, i backup it with titanium, but it doesn't work.

Cheers for R8 ;)

If you find one that supports Greek please let us know.

Guest Frankish

Full list of themes now ported to r8.

Gingerbread.

Blue Gingerbread.

Revo.

Elegant Steel.

Galaxy S.

Desire Sense.

Desire Slate.

Blue Gingerbread Circle Battery.

Blue Gingerbread Thin Circle Battery.

Gingerbread Circle Battery.

Gingerbread Thin Circle Battery.

Download them HERE!

@Paul Please don't switch the base rom unless it really has some decent fixes. Referring to the new Chinese dump.

Guest DominicA
Hi Paul,

I'm having the same problem as a previous poster since upgrading to R8;

"Can't seem to backup or restore the settings in Launcher Pro. It says it can't find sd card."

This was definately working in the old kernel.

Dom

For anyone else with the same problem, it think that going from A2SD to + is probably the issue here. To fix, I uninstalled Launcher Pro and wiped Dalivik Cache in Clockwork then reinstalled LP. Not sure if the wip was necessary but this has worked.

Guest pugwall

Quick question for the r8 wipe. Seeing as the wipe is for the facebook app, would it not be easier to just wipe the facebook data instead of wiping the whole phone?

would save a lot of hassle of restoring all the apps and other data

Guest Totyasrác
Quick question for the r8 wipe. Seeing as the wipe is for the facebook app, would it not be easier to just wipe the facebook data instead of wiping the whole phone?

It's not the FB app requiring wipe but the whole ROM is different.

Guest jdtanner

**FAO PAUL**

Might have found a small bug with R8 ;)

The email app isn't connecting to my work Exchange server. During account setup it says that it can't connect to the server; I have to do a manual setup as my username is different to my email address. Anyone else having the same problem with R8? I first thought it might be my Exchange server, but flashing JapJelly works without any problems.

JohnT.

Edited by jdtanner

If I were to manually fix the 2 main problems (ie the Sql fix for contact names, and removing the ZTE dialer), this shouldnt cause problems when it comes to updating to R9 should it?

I'm just thinking if Paul uses a different method to fix these, is it likely to cause clashes at all? Or is there no way if knowing?

but its sooooooooo slow, i loved touchpals slide to select things

In settings if you enable the option to show the voice input button only on the symbols keyboard then that key on the regular keyboard becomes the comma. ;)

Guest sulligogs
I take it the wifi is fixed with the new kernel?.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but like others have reported about R7 and R8, WiFi is still disabled after my phone goes to sleep, regardless of the WLAN Sleep Policy.

That is with ClockWorkMod 2.1.5.8 and a full wipe.

Is it possible some WiFi chips are different to others? Scratching my head as to why some work and others don't.

Guest Len Ash
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but like others have reported about R7 and R8, WiFi is still disabled after my phone goes to sleep, regardless of the WLAN Sleep Policy.

That is with ClockWorkMod 2.1.5.8 and a full wipe.

Is it possible some WiFi chips are different to others? Scratching my head as to why some work and others don't.

No, WiFi is chronically bad on this ROM.

If you have the power widget on the phone what difference does it really make?

If the WIFI goes off when the phone sleeps the battery usage is less - ie battery lasts longer which is good

Why does the WIFI need to reconnect immediately once it comes out of sleep? if it does then the battery lasts less time and is a waste of power unless your actually using the WIFI

IF your going to use the WIFI when the phone wakes then simply press the power widget and it's reconnected in around a second.

Guest Len Ash
If you have the power widget on the phone what difference does it really make?

If the WIFI goes off when the phone sleeps the battery usage is less - ie battery lasts longer which is good

Why does the WIFI need to reconnect immediately once it comes out of sleep? if it does then the battery lasts less time and is a waste of power unless your actually using the WIFI

IF your going to use the WIFI when the phone wakes then simply press the power widget and it's reconnected in around a second.

Don't agree, sorry. It is a feature I use regularly and which works on my business E72 (via integrated SmartConnect) and my daughter's cheap "Donut" HTC Tattoo. And the wife's Berry...

I SHOULD NOT have to manually switch something off and on to make it function. Period.

Hi,

I am currently using R7 of this Froyo ROM and I am really happy with it except three things.

First point is important to me and it has to do with the default e-mail app you inculded here Paul. Since R7 the app lacks the use of selecting multiple emails at once to mark them as read or unread. I upgraded from R3 to R5 and then for R7 and until I updated to R7 there was a way to select all mails at once. Furthermore it would be nice to have a kind of search through all of the downloaded mails on the phone. Does it lack such a possibilty because of errors ( I also noticed that the icon to write a new mail you get to see when you push the menu button in the incoming mail folder doesn't seem to be at the right place... the symbol should be a pencil or sth like that and not a crosshaped one like you would see to delete mail oder block the senders adress ) or is it just that i should look forward to use some 3rd-party app? ;)

Secondly ... since I am from Germany I'd like to switch the y and the z key on the android keyboard. Unfortunately changing languages haven't had the expected effect. I can live with it though so it's not THAT important... but if someone may have a clue to solve this fast and easily I'd like them to share their wisdom :D

The third point is more like a request which I will wait for as long as it takes since I don't want to use a non-Paul Rom ;) I really would like to overclock the OSA since the CPU is the devices only weakpoint and can at least be partly compensated through overclocking the CPU a little :)

Thx in advance ;)

sr SFFox

Edited by Guest