[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pierreism
Don't agree, sorry. It is a feature I use regularly and which works on my business E72 (via integrated SmartConnect) and my daughter's cheap "Donut" HTC Tattoo. And the wife's Berry...

I SHOULD NOT have to manually switch something off and on to make it function. Period.

I don't see the problem as long as it auto reconnects within 10 or so seconds. If you're having problems reconnecting Japanese Jellyfish is completely fine for me.

Hi, I'm using the R3 rom currently. Can someone tell me how I download the R8 rom, just like the default r7 available please? Or do I have to buy premimun

Guest kyrotec

Been testing the R7 for a few days.

Notice that when you have a missed call or recieved a message the back led light doesnt flashes when the screen turns off, it only flash when you press the power button on lockscreen/main screen.

The Alpha 5 version was working even though the screen has turned off. Any ideas how to turn this back on in R7?

Thanks!!

Guest Totyasrác
Hi, I'm using the R3 rom currently. Can someone tell me how I download the R8 rom, just like the default r7 available please? Or do I have to buy premimun

You don't have to " buy premimun" - but at least AdFree membership is required if you want to use the kitchen, or have to wait until Paul publishes some prebakes.

(See first post of the topic: "If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta releases and access to the the online kitchens."

Edited by Totyasrác

Quick question - is it possible to get the benefits of the MCR optimised kernel AND under (or over) clock? Is this something you're thinking of supporting at some point?

Cheers ;)

Drumming fingers and hitting reload restlessly now. . . :)

Guest ICDeadPpl

I read on a Swedish forum that wifi wake-up works when 3G is disabled.

Maybe there's a check somewhere that isn't correct, as it won't wake up wifi if there's a 3G connection.

I read on a Swedish forum that wifi wake-up works when 3G is disabled.

Maybe there's a check somewhere that isn't correct, as it won't wake up wifi if there's a 3G connection.

Which fix? The supplicant fix? I always have my blade on 2G only, and wi-fi doesn't wake up without the trusty blade wi-fi fix app (although I haven't applied the supplicant fix yet).

Quick question - is it possible to get the benefits of the MCR optimised kernel AND under (or over) clock? Is this something you're thinking of supporting at some point?

Cheers ;)

Well, I'm not massively into over/underclocking personally, but if someone who has set it up would like to share their kernel changes i'm happy to build it and incorporate it as a kitchen option.

P

Guest SniperZoz
Update coming up...

P

running r8 ... with Dialler un-installed, and contacts sql fix .... will i be able to do a strait upgrade ... or will i need to wipe (again)?

Well, I'm not massively into over/underclocking personally, but if someone who has set it up would like to share their kernel changes i'm happy to build it and incorporate it as a kitchen option.

P

Thanks ;) - I'll look into it

running r8 ... with Dialler un-installed, and contacts sql fix .... will i be able to do a strait upgrade ... or will i need to wipe (again)?

It should be OK... in theory. In practice? Do a backup first. ;)

P

Guest Totyasrác
Update!

P

Changelog

r9

• MCK 1.1 - MoDaCo Custom Kernel optimisations and changes (all user requests fulfilled I believe?)
  • Contacts / Dialer fix

So let me clear this up a bit: should anyone running v8 who wants to fix the dialer/contacts issues bake a v9 and install it (without wipe - just to prevent 200 questions from being asked)?

(I hope I can bake a new one with exactly same options again ;))