[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Simon O
Can someone try adding a new wallpaper using the R10 rom please?

I've tried several now and I can't get the phone to display any jpg picture

even trying to view the pictures using gallery and it wont show it's like the file doesn't exist, or isn't a picture

Edit: Just took a picture with the camera and it's recognising that as a jpg but still no other file.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try deleting the album cache from the SD card and see if that works?

I replaced Contacts and ContactsProvider completely. The files were taken from a Nexus One ROM. Actually most of the system files in my rom have been replaced with files from the Nexus One build FRG83 (2.2.1).

So just replacing them here is likely to cause more problems than fixes?

Please can you advise if the Caller ID has now been fixed?

I still get my numbers without the international prefix, but callerid is working. So I'm happy. Didn't try the other bugs here (GPS, multitouch), in doubt to change it with adb or wait for R11 ;).

Just looking at ROM 10 kernel configuration....

CONFIG_INPUT_EVBUG=y <-- switch off that will turn off HID debugging

Why is CONFIG_LIBRA_SDIOIF=m set as we do not have that wifi chipset? I am a bit confused as to the driver is AR6000 which is used....

Can this be clarified?

Cheers :)

EVBUG eh? Cool, will change that. The other setting is a hangover from the stock config, I don't include the module anyway, but I might as well turn it off. ;)

P

editing /system/etc/gps.conf may help with GPS fix speed (seems to be quicker for me anyway).

top line will say

NTP_SERVER=xtra1.gpsonextra.net
you will want to change this to use an NTP server closer to you. For me I use uk.pool.ntp.org (also used in FLB-froyo). if you are in Portugal then use pt.pool.ntl.org, Germans can use de.pool.ntp.org etc etc. If you are unsure then go to http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/ and check your countries pool server. This is the same thing that 'FasterFix' app does. It seems that the default servers aren't the quickest. Also MCR doesn't have any AGPS supplicant info. You can add
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276[/code]

to the file.

Cheers flib, will check those settings out.

P

r10 seems to have an issue with syncing with gmail

Even though I have Gmail set to sync automatically, emails are not being pushed through, if I check last time It synced it can be hours before, manual update works fine, as does turning off auto sync and reenabling, any ideas?

was fine in r8

Try deleting the album cache from the SD card and see if that works?

I deleted everything on the sd card, rebooted the phone pushed 8 jpg wallpapers from here into a new folder on the sd card I made called wallpaper

Cant see the folder or files using gallery

using filer I can navigate to the pictures, they have an icon that I would assume is a jpg icon, I click on one of them and gallery opens but it's just a black screen and wont show them

I then copied them back onto the pc and they open fine on the computer so it's not corrupt files

Guest t0mm13b

Paul:

Is the menu lock option fixed in the kitchen? regardless of whether that option is unchecked/checked, its still allowing the menu key to unlock... USB Tethering crashes and reboots the handset under Windows XP...

Guest Frankish

@Paul Could you consider adding widgetpicker.apk? For widget grouping. Great feature.

EDIT: Lol my phone wrote napkins instead of apk?

Edited by Frankish

Paul:

Is the menu lock option fixed in the kitchen? regardless of whether that option is unchecked/checked, its still allowing the menu key to unlock... USB Tethering crashes and reboots the handset under Windows XP...

No, but due to complexities in the kitchen with the GB look and feel, I'm going to remove that option i'm afraid for now (leaving only 'menu to unlock', which is the system default).

USB tethering seems to be OK here, do you have a logcat?

P

Guest t0mm13b
No, but due to complexities in the kitchen with the GB look and feel, I'm going to remove that option i'm afraid for now (leaving only 'menu to unlock', which is the system default).

USB tethering seems to be OK here, do you have a logcat?

P

Will run aLogcat (useful app to have without plugging in cable....) and report back here with a linky to pastebin.....

Cheers!

Guest juniperz

Another small request - in MCR Reboot utility, could you please add a "Power Off" option?

I have already had to get Orange to replace my Blade once because the power button failed, so I am trying to minimise my use of the button...

Getting back from Sleep by using Home, Menu or Back would also be good for the same reason, but I think I read that these hardware buttons are inactive during Sleep.

Another small request - in MCR Reboot utility, could you please add a "Power Off" option?

I have already had to get Orange to replace my Blade once because the power button failed, so I am trying to minimise my use of the button...

Getting back from Sleep by using Home, Menu or Back would also be good for the same reason, but I think I read that these hardware buttons are inactive during Sleep.

Yes, I plan to add shutdown. ;)

P