[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Can't quite believe I'm posting this for the fear of looking very silly ;) Just loaded R11 after taking a nand backup. All went fine and everything is looking good but I lost tweetdeck somewhere in the process and needed to reinstall it. Anybody else or am I just special!

That *shouldn't* happen, although the Tweetdeck appearance pack is included if you select the Gingerbread option.

Does it survive after you reboot?

P

Guest juniperz

And similarly, if I DEselect WaveSecure (I didn't mean to include it in my R10 ROM in the first place), will it be removed when I upgrade to R11 (assuming no wipe) or I will I still have the challenge of removing it?

And I put the Frankist BlueGingerbread-circlemod-ModacoFroyo theme on R10 - what will happen when I update to R11?

Guest n00kie bear
That *shouldn't* happen, although the Tweetdeck appearance pack is included if you select the Gingerbread option.

Does it survive after you reboot?

P

Yes it survived a reboot after reinstall from titanium and now shows the Gingerbread notification icon now.

Guest grentuu

Did R10 all good then just put R11 on. I did wipe between. So far everything appears to work. Thanks paul.

Now the wife's happy I'll start playing with my Desire again

And similarly, if I DEselect WaveSecure (I didn't mean to include it in my R10 ROM in the first place), will it be removed when I upgrade to R11 (assuming no wipe) or I will I still have the challenge of removing it?

And I put the Frankist BlueGingerbread-circlemod-ModacoFroyo theme on R10 - what will happen when I update to R11?

If you deselect Wavesecure it'll be gone.

The theme will be overwritten by the flash.

P

Guest nedian05

My wifi does not disconnect anymore or atleast it reconnect after wake with r11 but facebook synchronisation did not work.

Edited by nedian05

Added GPS tweaks.

Current r11 changelog below.

P

Changelog

r11 (forthcoming)

• Further WiFi updates / fixes
  • Contacts update (again!) to try and resolve Facebook sync issue
  • Gingerbread appearance pack for WiFi Status indicator
  • MCK 1.3 - removed HID debug info, other minor tweaks
  • Removed 'no menu to unlock' option (temporarily) to avoid 'white on white text' from framework/services conflicts.
  • Gingerbread additional ringtones / sounds (for all builds)
  • Updated busybox
  • Added correct HDPI resources to Calendar
  • Updated version of Android Market
  • Added distinct multitouch permissions XML files
  • Updated sh binary for better experience via adb (up / down arrows etc).
  • Modified gps configuration
  • Optional stock contacts / dialler
  • Tweaked launcher for compatability with stock dialler

whoops sorry your right it was the 2.1 so i have no idea if it works with 2.2 probably not

is 2.2 different for MMS settings ?

mifran

just contacted asda mobile and i had a network problem in that my phone had not registered on the network for 5 months so not rom problem sorry to have bugged you about sometning not your problem paul

mifran

Does Facebook sync work with the zte dialler then? I was under the impression we needed stock dialler to use it?

It should work with both options. It seems to be working for me (although, of course, it's quite hard to tell if FB is syncing pictures across once you've done it once!)

It's showing up as syncing in accounts and sync, as is last.fm. SmartDialer selected.

P

Guest extremedigital

With all these recent updates i couldn't help myself i had to updgrade to Add Free.

KK JellyFish 7.5 is a great rom but i really wanted to test out the new features on this Rom........

R11 test Rom just baking as we speak.

Thanks for all the work Paul.

Guest webtaster
Updated post 2 to the r11 kitchen. Let's see how we get on!

P

Hi All,

I've recently purchased an Orange San Francisco and decided from day one that I wanted to experiment with new ROMs. I currently have the R6 Froyo ROM and plan to subscribe to get the latest releases.

One question I have is to do with proxy servers. On a Samsung galaxy that I saw running 2.2, under the advanced wifi settings there was an option to set a proxy server. Has anyone seen this in the current release ?

It would be very handy for when I bring my phone into work as the wifi does not work without a proxy server.

All the best

Phil.