[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sulligogs
Paul,

Just want to confirm that my Wifi is working completely with r10. It reconnects when waking up my Blade.

That was all I ever wanted really!

P.S. Downloading r11 because I'm a flash-phone junkie.

Download is extremely slow of r11 (Delia server) with a low current server load. Says it will take 3 days.

Any chance of a reboot?

Guest Totyasrác
I'm sure Paul would appreciate a bit more information so he can sort the bug out. Did you bake the rom with the gingerbread additions or not?

In my case yes, with GB additions (but it was cooked with the very same options - GB stuffa included in both r10 & r11).

I'm sure Paul would appreciate a bit more information so he can sort the bug out. Did you bake the rom with the gingerbread additions or not?

Sorry, yes.

With Gingerbread additions, ZTE Contacts and Dialer (Not Android Stock.)

The black box appears in call log for multiple entries (called 2 or more times the same number.)

I initially flashed R11 over R10 without wipe and tried again with complete wipe data/cache.

I'm not sure if it's worth baking again? Hmm... Why not. I'll try with stock Contacts. ;)

Guest sulligogs
Download is extremely slow of r11 (Delia server) with a low current server load. Says it will take 3 days.

Any chance of a reboot?

Ignore that I had run out of space and Chrome wasn't reporting it as such.

Apologies

Guest Len Ash
Thanks, it looks nice,, but I didn't find the link to download R11, any help?

First page!

Only premium members.... it states that.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest james1uk

Has anyone been able to get the facebook "sync with existing contacts" option to work on r11. I can't get it to work

Is there a workaround for this??

Guest slartibardfast0
So does nobody else have the problem of contacts from different account not joining? Even if I manually click Join between a contact and their Facebook entry, they just don't.

Is it JUST me having this problem? If so, Ill just try reinstalling. It's a bit annoying since it's a really useful feature :)

I have the exact same problem (stock contacts/dialer). Hmm recall the merging (google contacts+facebook) working automatically in one of the older releases.

Still really liking r11 ;)

Has anyone been able to get the facebook "sync with existing contacts" option to work on r11. I can't get it to work

Is there a workaround for this??

I have the same problem. Are you using the stock dialer? If you open Display Options in Contacts and check it to show ALL Facebook contacts, do they all display separately in your list? My problem is simply that they won't join contacts with the same name from different accounts. Very annoying.

I have the exact same problem (stock contacts/dialer). Hmm recall the merging (google contacts+facebook) working automatically in one of the older releases.

Still really liking r11 ;)

Yep, stock dialer here too. Maybe it's that causing it? I might try SmartDialer tomorrow if noone has any other ideas :) Id definitely worked in FLB R6, not sure about MCR though.

Guest t0mm13b

Paul:

Sorry to be cross-posting, but I do feel this needs to be looked into....

I think I have found the answer as to why USB Tethering does not work under Win XP, from looking at the kernel configuration - it seems you have IPv6 compiled in and not IPv4?

Perhaps that could explain why USB Tethering works only under Win7.....

And that could explain the freeze and crashing of the handset....?

Can you confirm this?

<6>[01-18 18:28:53.500000] [1: swapper]msm_v4l2: msm_v4l2_init

<6>[01-18 18:28:53.500000] [1: swapper]Freeing init memory: 156K

<4>[01-18 18:28:53.500000] [1: swapper]Warning: unable to open an initial console.

<3>[01-18 18:28:53.500000] [1: init]init: /init.rc: 347: invalid option 'busybox'

<3>[01-18 18:28:53.500000] [1: init]init: /init.blade.rc: 159: ignored duplicate definition of service 'qmuxd'

<3>[01-18 18:28:53.500000] [1: init]init: /init.blade.rc: 250: invalid command '/system/bin/log'

<4>[01-18 18:28:53.699856] [11: kmmcd]mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch. assuming write-enable.

Also look at the dmesg output.... ^^^

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
I don't know what your previous rom was but if you restored system settings from 2.1 into 2.2 it makes a horrible mess like you're describing. Even the green, supposedly safe ones. You can only really restore your apps it seems.

Nope, straight from FLib''s most recent, R6.

Basically, (and this was on my 2nd attempt)

• Install Launcher Pro first thing
  • Restore backup from within Launcher
  • Restart phone, Everything hunky-dory
  • With confidence, restore backups
  • All still well, didn't restore any widgets etc. that may impact launcher
  • Restart phone
  • Repetitive FC's of Launcher Pro, can only access the notification area and lock screen.
  • Reboot to clockwork, wipe data/cache.
  • Using just Gingerbread Launcher, restore all my apps (literally just Angry Birds, Game Dev story and facebook by now, along with browser bookmarks).
  • Swiping from left to right on the homescreen produces FC's of the gapps service.

All in all, not a happy situation

Yepp I know I am not a premium member but I see this topic day by day.

But now as I see the menu unlock disappeared from r11. What happened?

It was so good in the prebake versions but know I must forget it?

Guest james1uk
I have the same problem. Are you using the stock dialer? If you open Display Options in Contacts and check it to show ALL Facebook contacts, do they all display separately in your list? My problem is simply that they won't join contacts with the same name from different accounts. Very annoying.

Yep, stock dialer here too. Maybe it's that causing it? I might try SmartDialer tomorrow if noone has any other ideas :) Id definitely worked in FLB R6, not sure about MCR though.

Yep, i have stock dailer. I can get ALL facebook contacts to sync, but like you they will not merge. And that leaves far too many contacts there to look through... would love the "sync with existing contacs" option to just work.

I think flibblesan had the sync working with stock dailer. Maybe he knows whats up... Think i read somewhere that he used something from the nexus one to get it working ( but that could just be my brain not functioning properly from reading the thousands of threads from this forum on my phone) ;)

Edited by james1uk

Guest Phoenix Silver

htc_ime keyboard add space after . is typed

it's very boring

gingerbread keyboard is perfect

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest XenoPhoenix

Yup confirmed here too. I might look at switching to the stock and see what happens though not sure if I'll have time tonight, other than that, great release ;)

Anyone else experiencing a picture frame image rather than a drop down indicator next to "More" at the bottom when editing a contact? Mearly cosmetic but seems a bit strange

Edited by XenoPhoenix

Guest Shadey1

I'm still on R10, thinking I'll wait till 11 or 12 is stable at the minute.

I've found an issue though, each reboot the new gingerbread forces itself as main keyboard, I wouldn't mind but I've got the swype beta set up and each time I've got to go re-enable and reselect it.

Guest Shadey1
Do you have Swype on the sd card? I've heard that can cause that kind of issue.

Ah posisbly. I will try that asap (I probably do since the beta installer is so damn huge)

EDIT: Yup both the installer and the main app were on the SD rebooting now to test.

Rolf now this time it booted into swiftpad or whatever the other one was called in the kitchen. maybe i need the installer on the phone too, it's just too damn big. to fit with everything else on

Edited by Shadey1

Guest skymera

Get my Blade delivered tomorrow.

Even paid for membership to access this kitchen! and to obviously support the dev(s). Used many ROMs from here, including the cupcake for Hero last year.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Guest reallordx

I have an issue regarding the Gallery3D. I hate it. ;)

I tried switching back to the old 2D Gallery but that didn't work. Installing an alternative app didn't either.

Problem Description:

- Take a picture

- Press Icon to view taken picture*

*This only works, when Gallery3D.apk is available. Installing an alternative app (e.g. QuickPic) let's me browse my pictures in 2D (as standalone app), but the shortcut from the Camera app still opens the Gallery3D.apk :)

Anyone got an idea, how to set that "view-icon" in Camera app to use QuickPic or how to get the old 2D Gallery working?

thx

reallord

Guest HELLienadO

metamorph not working on r11, wasn't working on r10 too ;) it gives an error saying it can't extract some files due to lack of space in system, which is not true, there's plenty of space... I used to get this error on some CM6.1 nightlies for htc magic.

It works great on r8 though...

Any clue of what might be causing this?