[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

A cheeky little request here.... any possibility of including the HTC_IME Mod keyboard? :P It just fits so well with the ZTE dialer cosmetically, along with being a joy to use.

P.S. not sure if this is an issue to me exclusively, but when I plug the phone into my PC it doesn't see it at all (not even as a mass storage device). I have to go into Clockworkmod to move anything to the memory card. Just thought it might be worth a mention.

Thanks for all your hard work Paul.

Guest Totyasrác

Okay, after some testing:

* Changed browser homepage to Google (may only take effect after a hard reset, can be configured in settings menu) - yeap, that has changed. However have a look at the stored favourites :D

* All languages enabled - Right (but still nothing is in Hungarian - I don't mind though :D)

* Added stock Android keyboard with word prediction - Workin'.

* Reverted Camera app to Chinese version (with stock merges) to gain additional settings - Nice'n'smooth :P

* Added A2SD / A2SD+ - Yes. Now I can move my apps via Settings / Applications / Manage apps to SD, nice :lol:

* Exchange Email fix - Definitely working, cheers!

Otherwise:

* WeatherWidget still force closes

* News&weather shows me a different city (~10 miles from here) other than what I've set - even though I disabled location based weather info :D

* USB is working for me nicely, no prob there.

* Not all of the mp3s can be used as ringtone (plays nothing/silent instead of the tune - the same ones worked with alpha1 though!)

Edited by Totyasrác

A cheeky little request here.... any possibility of including the HTC_IME Mod keyboard? :P It just fits so well with the ZTE dialer cosmetically, along with being a joy to use.

P.S. not sure if this is an issue to me exclusively, but when I plug the phone into my PC it doesn't see it at all (not even as a mass storage device). I have to go into Clockworkmod to move anything to the memory card. Just thought it might be worth a mention.

Thanks for all your hard work Paul.

You have to TURN ON the mass storage when you plug the phone in - pull down the status bar and you'll see

keyboard enclosed as attachment

The clicker file is the calibration tool for the keyboard

EDIT: if you dont see the option to use mass storage mode - install your pc drivers again - I had to do this first time I used this rom

Edited by Lew247

Point to note for themers out there:
  • framework-res and core libraries are signed with the 'shared' certificate from the SDK, aiding those who wish to edit the framework-res to theme (or to alter the lockscreen). Simply extract, edit, resign with the shared certificate and push the file. Tidy.

:P

P

hi paul, could you just make the popular framework themes as part of the kitchen where you just tick the one you want and click bake, also i want to add arabic support from here, he provides libs http://ardoid.com/.

any help appreciated (i'm a noob)

Edited by tandeh

One little bug when you press the telephone icon on the bottom bar next to the menu button, it opens the contacts not the dialer

Also not a major issue but the UOT kitchen doesn't work with the framework for some reason, I was trying to get the % battery mod done but it crashes the phone

edited due to spelling errors and I hate seeing them so I have to correct.

Edited by Lew247

You have to TURN ON the mass storage when you plug the phone in - pull down the status bar and you'll see

keyboard enclosed as attachment

The clicker file is the calibration tool for the keyboard

EDIT: if you dont see the option to use mass storage mode - install your pc drivers again - I had to do this first time I used this rom

Thanks for the keyboard. I just thought it would be nice baked as opposed to installed to DATA as when I tried to do it myself I just kept getting force close errors.

As for turning on storage... I realise this. However, the PC was reporting nothing... not USB Mass Storage, ZTEUSB, or Unknown Device. Normally it prompts me for the drivers for Modem etc. It was as if nothing was there at all.

Thanks for the keyboard. I just thought it would be nice baked as opposed to installed to DATA as when I tried to do it myself I just kept getting force close errors.

As for turning on storage... I realise this. However, the PC was reporting nothing... not USB Mass Storage, ZTEUSB, or Unknown Device. Normally it prompts me for the drivers for Modem etc. It was as if nothing was there at all.

I had this problem this morning. My PC just wouldn't recognize the phone. I restarted my phone and ... Boom! Working again. Not quite the flawless Boom in S Jobs' presentations but got there eventually.

Guest Frankish
One little bug when you press the telephone icon on the bottom bar next to the menu button, it opens the contacts not the dialer

Also not a major issue but the UOT kitchen doesn't work with the framework for some reason, I was trying to get the % battery mod done but it crashes the phone

Can't you edit that shortcut though...?

Are these the physical buttons? Does that mean notification lights aren't working at the moment?

The white backlights dont currently come on when the light sensor detects low light.

Notification lights work as per before on 2.1 i.e. not perfectly but they do come on when the phone is not sleeping or is plugged in.

The white backlights dont currently come on when the light sensor detects low light.

Notification lights work as per before on 2.1 i.e. not perfectly but they do come on when the phone is not sleeping or is plugged in.

In 2 words is ti not working as all of us expects unfortunately...

Guest Frankish

That's due to Paul editing the framework. The framework form the original dump goes through fine :P

Guest tonycornholio

Did full wipe after nandroid backup., phone reboots when I choose 'accounts and sync' in settings...furthermore HTC IME (from kitchen) force closed whenever I tried to select it

Edited by tonycornholio

"Doesn't work" :P 2 words specially for you :D

I think that is pretty much what I said... with specific detail so as to be more enlightening (about something that doesn't illuminate)

Guest Frankish

I'm so impatient but i know the wait will be worth it when Paul ups the prebakes tonight. He's obviously still working on the rom now with him already making 2 changes since the kitchen went up.

Guest leetron1

Hi folks..has coarse positioning been fixed at all...was my main niggle with earlier ROMs...

Pity bout the button leds too..am sure that'll be mopped up sooner or later though..

Guest Totyasrác

The one thing I am really not sure about is: should I wipe when installing newer and newer versions of alpha2?

(It's not that big of a deal to reinstall major stuff after each version but still... :P)