[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Sorry to bother everyone, but has anyone else got the above-mentioned issue?

Just tried it and same happens here, touchpal keyboard closes when dictionary is selected.

Guest t0mm13b

I took that out on the kitchen bake as I don't like swype stuff... this fangly swiping does me head in - especially if you've got thick fat fingers that occupy two letters on the keyboard - in all fairness, I think that's for girls... ;) *cheeky* lulz

Guest targetbsp
I took that out on the kitchen bake as I don't like swype stuff... this fangly swiping does me head in - especially if you've got thick fat fingers that occupy two letters on the keyboard - in all fairness, I think that's for girls... ;) *cheeky* lulz

You've... never looked at Touchpal have you. :D Ironically, from what you've written, it would probably be a good keyboard for you. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Grab the touchpal app from original orange build and just install as usual. That fixes your TouchPal issue.

Guest t0mm13b
You've... never looked at Touchpal have you. :D Ironically, from what you've written, it would probably be a good keyboard for you. ;)

Lulz!!!! ;)

de cheek o ya.... :)

Guest webtaster

Just signed up for Ad Free to upgrade from R6 to R11..man what a difference.. so much quicker!!

Nice Job Paul !

I'll try & post some useful feedback after more extensive testing.

Had me slightly worried on the first boot when it sat there with the MoDaCo logo !! but it got there eventually lol

Guest XenoPhoenix
;)

I'm disappointed that people seem to see the need to subvert a small fee for an advanced preview of the testing version of the ROM rather than wait for a stable prebake. Effort like Paul's deserves supporting by contributing or at least being a little patient.

Guest Zebas_Xasada

As a request could the file /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg be deleted (or moved, or an option to disable it put in settings or something) to get rid of the annoying loud camera noise in future releases? It's a pain to have to do manually after every install!

Out of interest does anyone actually like the camera noise?

I'm disappointed that people seem to see the need to subvert a small fee for an advanced preview of the testing version of the ROM rather than wait for a stable prebake. Effort like Paul's deserves supporting by contributing or at least being a little patient.

+1

At £10 quid, you're really just buying Paul a couple of pints. A little bit of appreciation (and not to mention respect) is due considering the work they put into helping out the community.

Shame on you for promoting a leak and being smug about it with a wink. Agree with XenoPhoenix, a prebake does come out eventually and it's almost always just a build behind the latest build.

Guest t0mm13b
+1

At £10 quid, you're really just buying Paul a couple of pints. A little bit of appreciation (and not to mention respect) is due considering the work they put into helping out the community.

Shame on you for promoting a leak and being smug about it with a wink. Agree with XenoPhoenix, a prebake does come out eventually and it's almost always just a build behind the latest build.

+1 agreed

@bazz007:

You're no James Bond, your nick says it all..Shame on you, you lil selfish b*&^*!d....

Hardly 10quid is going to kill you.... yet you'd spend a tenner on getting drunk and acting the maggot here on this very forum....

The least you could do is donate for his time and effort in putting together such work...this gimme gimme attitude is rife everywhere on the forums, people trying all sorts of tricks to get their hands on something for nothing....

lemme ask you bazz007, who the f&*k do you think Paul is - Santa Claus, get the f*&k outta here...

sorry for my harshness and bluntness everyone if I offend you... but it needs to be said...

I'll probably receive a warning for this... ah well....

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest targetbsp

Actually I was almost tempted by that. I've been checking this site every 15 minutes for the past 48 hours for the r11 prebake that was due yesterday before the facebook sync bugs lol. I'm happy to donate if I like the rom as I want to make an ultra light version but I'm very much a try before I buy kind of person! However, I'm not brave enough to flash on random rom from google. :) I don't even use facebook :'( But I can understand wanting the release to be as perfect as possible so I'll remain patient a while yet. ;)

Guest sulligogs
;)

Dear bazz007,

One day when you realise that you have to earn or buy your way through life in order to survive, you may find that it could be too late for you to adjust and that you could end up like me.

I had a wonderful family and a woman who I never appreciated. I took everything for granted and there was no level that I wouldn't stoop to to get what I wanted for free.

I'm saying this to you now to change. Change before its too late, kid. Change so that people won't stop by on the street and point to the irresponsible, immoral, inexcusable member of society who believes that, just like when he was a little lad, everything should be offered on a plate.

I'm praying for you.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Frank Gallagher.

;)

hey I CANT offord £10 but I still coughed up

this stuff is sooooooooo useful and no way could I make it myself ... big thanks to the devs

SHAME on you bazz007

Yawn ;) you guys are funny :)

they are not funny, but you should be ashamed of what you have done. since you are a new member, i just issued a warning, hopefully you won't do anything like this again or i will be forced to ban you.

Guest t0mm13b
they are not funny, but you should be ashamed of what you have done. since you are a new member, i just issued a warning, hopefully you won't do anything like this again or i will be forced to ban you.

Fair play Lancez!!!! ;) W00t!

I understand what folk say about not wanting to pay the £10; but here is a different way of looking at things:

In this case Paul is not selling anything, and we are not buying anything.

We are a patron of the arts. Our £10 acknowledges what Paul has done as much as what he may do. Likewise we may donate to kalt_kaffe and others for their work (I did for their kaiser and kernel work).

We support an endeavour in cash because we can't support it either through lack of skill, time or interest.

We can obtain the £10 we give by working a couple of hours shifting boxes, giving up the daily coffee for a week, walking to work - the same kind of financial re-arrangements we made to pay for the phone in the first place.

If we don't value Paul's work any more than that, why should anyone value our requests for firmware - and yet the firmware is given away in the end.

The £10 is a barrier to to separate those who can appreciate (and will therefore limit their complaints about alpha/beta quality because they have good understanding) and those who do not appreciate, already complain and would use the £10 they paid as a stick to beat Paul with.

The £10 barrier limits complaints from many to "where is my free ROM" when it would otherwise be multiplied into complaints about the free ROM.

My advice is:

1. Pay the £10. Mow your neighbours lawn or paint their fence if you have to earn the money.

2. Don't expect anything back for the £10, you already have more than what you paid for

3. Enjoy what you get for having paid the £10.