[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest juniperz
I understand what folk say about not wanting to pay the £10; but here is a different way of looking at things...

All nicely put.

We are a patron of the arts.

Especially that bit!

The prebake will be online as soon as it's stable (i'm busy working on this ROM still as well as other things!)... for very good reasons. I can roll changes into the kitchen in 2 seconds flat, I can't do that with prebakes.

I love the way the Internet is a place where, if you don't want to wait for something, you just take it. Imagine if we applied the same behaviours as we see on the Internet in real life eh!

P

Guest Totyasrác
I love the way the Internet is a place where, if you don't want to wait for something, you just take it. Imagine if we applied the same behaviours as we see on the Internet in real life eh!

I guess it actually IS the line which has to be crossed to reach maturity... To realize that after all net is some sort of manifestation (mapping?) of real life. Things are not just happen to appear out of nothing but are created by humans - spending time, money and efforts. If noone would appreciate/honor this then we'd end up having nothing (other than 2 Linux distributions since those guys are really live for that ;))

Yawn ;) you guys are funny :)

Bless.... Poor wee bugger, maybe he doesn't even realize he's trolling?

ANYWAY! Back on topic. I still haven't had any issues in R11 bar the contact joining thingy, everything else works perfectly so we're SO close to a practically perfect 2.2 ROM :D

(Incidentally, when it's at a point we'd call "finished", surely you've modded the ROM enough to ditch the 'Chinese Leak' tag, it's SO heavily modded you may as well just call it the MCR and distance it from the leak further than you have. It's barely recognizable haha)

Just a quick one to say no problems at all so far with this rom

I had major ones yesterday trying to get the battery mod to work until I asked Frankish what I was doing wrong and he reminded me if I alter the framework then it needs re signing with the correct key!

Thanks Frankish

Now I have what seems the perfect rom with a perfect set of battery icons and blue clock and notifications.

Also although it's not long enough to tell properly yet but the battery seems to last a decent amount of time

It was at 73% when I went to bed at 11pm last night, it's syncing facebook every hour and it's now at 71% 10 hrs later.

GBP 10 is a LOT of money when converted to some other currencies. To all you British guys, GBP 10 may buy you just a couple of pints. But in India, GBP 10 is equivalent to INR 800 and that can buy four people breakfast, lunch and dinner at a very decent restaurant.

I would love to support the devs. But I am afraid GBP 10 is just too expensive for me.

Regards.

Seconded. But if OC support is added to this ROM, I would, I think go adfree.

Guest NisseDILLIGAF
Just a quick one to say no problems at all so far with this rom

I had major ones yesterday trying to get the battery mod to work until I asked Frankish what I was doing wrong and he reminded me if I alter the framework then it needs re signing with the correct key!

Thanks Frankish

Now I have what seems the perfect rom with a perfect set of battery icons and blue clock and notifications.

Also although it's not long enough to tell properly yet but the battery seems to last a decent amount of time

It was at 73% when I went to bed at 11pm last night, it's syncing facebook every hour and it's now at 71% 10 hrs later.

Is it Frankish Circle battery Mod with numbers in the middle you've made?

I really like that battery mod.... could you post your framework file? ;) (if it goes well with r11...)

And BIG thanx to Paul on this ROM... really nice!!

And to Frankish for his great themeing...!

Edited by NisseDILLIGAF

Guest Phoenix Silver

a lot of new trolls in this forum not fair

from acha :

"Hi I'm new to this forum. Do you now can I get r10: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM without getting premium member account?

Thanks"

Guest jdtanner

**FAO PAUL**

Hi again,

Just to let you know that Exchange support is still broken in the email app R11. I think this was a problem in an early Jap Jelly release, but it was fixed (don't know how).

John

Guest aliaird

Noob question... just gone ad-free and baked an r11 ROM.

As I'm upgrading from r7, do I need to do a full wipe, or was that just for r8?

Also assume I do that in Clockwork with the wipe cache etc functions?

Moving from anything prior to r8, to r8 or anything after r8 will require a full wipe. In my experience going between any release from r8 to any later release doesn't need a wipe.

Guest Phoenix Silver

yes you need to wipe

no problem do it with clockwork

1) backup your system

2) wipe

3) install r11

4) reboot twice

5) install theme

6) reboot

7) enjoy your new phone ;)

Guest aliaird

Thanks PS, will do.

Just 2 more noob qs.. why reboot twice? I remember the first one was a looong reboot, is the second just to let it 'settle down'?

Also Themes? Do I need a theme? Is this the Android equivalent of customising my old WM5 homescreen etc? It's a 'pretty' thing rather than a 'functional' thing?

And if so, I guess I can nose around here for themes? Are they easily interchangeable? Without reboots /resets etc?

And finally, any really popular ones?

OK, so more than 2 qs! ;)

I'm getting an error pop up at intermittent times:

The application Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

This thread suggests it may be the calendar? Can anyone offer any solution? I didn't have the error on r8 and it only appeared when I went to r11.

Guest Totyasrác
**FAO PAUL**

Hi again,

Just to let you know that Exchange support is still broken in the email app R11. I think this was a problem in an early Jap Jelly release, but it was fixed (don't know how).

John

What do you mean by "broken"? Works fine for me... Syncing, pushing mails, can send/receive/forward...

Guest Phoenix Silver
Thanks PS, will do.

Just 2 more noob qs.. why reboot twice? I remember the first one was a looong reboot, is the second just to let it 'settle down'?

Also Themes? Do I need a theme? Is this the Android equivalent of customising my old WM5 homescreen etc? It's a 'pretty' thing rather than a 'functional' thing?

And if so, I guess I can nose around here for themes? Are they easily interchangeable? Without reboots /resets etc?

And finally, any really popular ones?

OK, so more than 2 qs! ;)

it always a good idea to reboot before applying a theme (i already had problems with some roms phone was stucked in a infinite loop)

theme is a pretty thing yes change colors icons and so on

you don't need to wipe if you want to apply a theme

just go in clockwork and choose the zip in sd card

each rom has its specific theme don't use the theme from another rom

themes for Paul's rom are here :

themes

there are a lot of screen shots you can choose what you like

personally i like elegant steel theme and revo's theme

Guest treschi
What do you mean by "broken"? Works fine for me... Syncing, pushing mails, can send/receive/forward...

Exchange working fine, too! Haven't had any problems with it, everything works as expected.

Edited by treschi

Grab the touchpal app from original orange build and just install as usual. That fixes your TouchPal issue.

*update*

does work, i obviously missed somethign but when I asked someone else to try it on theirs, and was showing them how it didn't work on mine - it bloody well did - don't you hate it when that happens lol

;) tried that, no such luck, still bombs out on first keypress, anyone else got any ideas - I miss touchpal :)

(oh, i'm on R7 at moment, just don't want to go through hassle of wiping, so do people's experience vary on R7 vs post R8 with touchpal???)

Edited by davnig

Guest PeTiNgA

Hi,

Does anyone else have problems with calendar sync with Google Calendar?

In my case, using MCDv11, is only syncing the "default" calendar, not the others, and in settings I can see them and they are all set to visible & sync.

Don't know if I made it clear... not so easy to expalin when english is not your first language ;)

Thanks in advance.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

1st of all, i have to say i realy like this rom! thanks for all the effort you put into it!

But, i have a small problem.

Somehow when i try to restart the phone it just hangs there doing nothing. If i eventualy turn it off by keeping the powerbuttom pressed it wont turn on again, and i have to remove the battery and replace it to start it up again.

Is there any way to fix this?

Portable hotspot/tethering

Just to confirm this works perfectly using this rom

I set the phone up as a portable hotspot (mifi?) and connected my home computer to it wirelessly

Sending this message via it - works 100%

1st of all, i have to say i realy like this rom! thanks for all the effort you put into it!

But, i have a small problem.

Somehow when i try to restart the phone it just hangs there doing nothing. If i eventualy turn it off by keeping the powerbuttom pressed it wont turn on again, and i have to remove the battery and replace it to start it up again.

Is there any way to fix this?

This has never happened to me before with R11 or any other ROMs for that matter.

How are you Restarting the phone?

Guest ManMetDeHamer
This has never happened to me before with R11 or any other ROMs for that matter.

How are you Restarting the phone?

Holding the powerbuttom and then reboot phone

or using the reboot app

they both do the same thing.