[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest juniperz
Portable hotspot/tethering

Just to confirm this works perfectly using this rom

I set the phone up as a portable hotspot (mifi?) and connected my home computer to it wirelessly

Yes, that's very cool - Yesterday I was sitting with a colleague with a Blade that he bought on my recommendation. He has no data contract at the moment. I set the portable hotspot up in seconds, with WPA2, and told him to search for wireless. Told him the key, and then he was browsing. Don't you just love gadgets...

Holding the powerbuttom and then reboot phone

or using the reboot app

they both do the same thing.

When I choose "Reboot" from powerbutton menu, the Reboot App launches give me an option to Reboot, Recovery and Bootloader.

If you do this sequence from lockscreen, the app still launches but the phone remains locked and you don't see the app.

Check Superuser App and make sure Reboot App has su permission.

Is it Frankish Circle battery Mod with numbers in the middle you've made?

I really like that battery mod.... could you post your framework file? ;) (if it goes well with r11...)

And BIG thanx to Paul on this ROM... really nice!!

And to Frankish for his great themeing...!

No I used a different set of battery icons and personalised some of the other icons and changed some of the colours in the services.jar file

snap20110120_121439.png

snap20110120_122219.jpgsnap20110120_121958.jpg

Guest Phoenix Silver

yeah it's great i have just found how to make my linux computer a hot spot with an usb dongle

works great

it's faster than my 3g data plan

save data (after 1 gig bandwidth is slowed) ;)

Guest Phoenix Silver
No I used a different set of battery icons and personalised some of the other icons and changed some of the colours in the services.jar file

snap20110120_121439.png

snap20110120_122219.jpgsnap20110120_121958.jpg

Framework enclosed in case anyone wants it

great theme could you make a zip mod ;) ?

great theme could you make a zip mod ;) ?

I'd already done it so my kids could install it themselves but never thought of it as a theme

http://www.fixmypcuk.com/Theme.zip

Inside it you'll find the zip to flash using clockwork, also a folder with various icons and the launcher is launcher pro

simply get it from the market and use any icons you want.

Edit: I've only installed it on 3 Blades and none had the gingerbread theme so cant guarantee how it acts if its flashed on top of one that has

I would imagine it would be ok but try it at your risk

I only put it together because it's what I like and put it on all my kids phones and it worked on all 3

Guest jdtanner
Exchange working fine, too! Haven't had any problems with it, everything works as expected.

Manual setup of an Exchange account server times out. If I flash the 'fixed' email app from FibbleSan (sp?) then setting up an Exchange server manually works without timing out.

John

Edited by jdtanner

Guest ezablade

Unbelievable! I went on holiday with my phone running a nice r4 rom, thought I'd check what's been happening, maybe a r5 or r6 would be out... r11!!!! what??? I've only been away for 3 weeks, not 3 years! Now I've got to get reading the several thousand posts to see what's been going on...

Oh well, looks like an evening of backing up, rebooting, baking and restoring for me! ;)

Guest Phoenix Silver
I'd already done it so my kids could install it themselves but never thought of it as a theme

http://www.fixmypcuk.com/Theme.zip

Inside it you'll find the zip to flash using clockwork, also a folder with various icons and the launcher is launcher pro

simply get it from the market and use any icons you want.

Edit: I've only installed it on 3 Blades and none had the gingerbread theme so cant guarantee how it acts if its flashed on top of one that has

I would imagine it would be ok but try it at your risk

I only put it together because it's what I like and put it on all my kids phones and it worked on all 3

thanks for the mod

i'm using launcher pro paid version thanks ;)

i'll make a try today with this :)

Guest ManMetDeHamer
Is it just me or is wifi in r11 flakey for everyone else? It seems to disconnect and require switching off+on fairly regularly.

I noticed this too, i downloaded the zte wifi blade fix from the market and now it works pretty good.

Guest Rotmann
Bump. I lost further 12% the last 3 hours on airplane mode. Without switching on the display. What the heck is going on? Do I have to uninstall apps and have an eye on the battery after each?

Use PowerTutor, i think it's the best tool to see how much % does every app use.

Guest idolakis

LEW 247, YOUR THEME LOOKS GORGEOUS !!

THANK YOU !

Edited by idolakis

Guest grentuu
Is it just me or is wifi in r11 flakey for everyone else? It seems to disconnect and require switching off+on fairly regularly.

had this on the wide's blade for a couple of days now and no problems at all. Disconnects automatically when she leaves the house and connects as soon as she walks back in - perfect

;) tried that, no such luck, still bombs out on first keypress, anyone else got any ideas - I miss touchpal :)

(oh, i'm on R7 at moment, just don't want to go through hassle of wiping, so do people's experience vary on R7 vs post R8 with touchpal???)

Try: Settings - Applications - Manage Applications [All] - Choose TouchPal and delete data. Then reinstall the app. If you have access to /system/app, delete touchpal there first then reinstall with the app from the orange build.

That should do it.

Guest Frankish

Paul has already said he doesn't mes with overclocking him. if you can point him to the source for an overclocked froyo blade kernel he will look at implementing it.

installed r11 two days ago but went back to r9 due to the dialler/call log bug, is it been fixed yet?

i tried installing with full wipe but still had the bug.

Guest t0mm13b
installed r11 two days ago but went back to r9 due to the dialler/call log bug, is it been fixed yet?

i tried installing with full wipe but still had the bug.

Uncheck the contacts in the kitchen, to use the stock contact/dialler and you will have no problems. ;)

Try: Settings - Applications - Manage Applications [All] - Choose TouchPal and delete data. Then reinstall the app. If you have access to /system/app, delete touchpal there first then reinstall with the app from the orange build.

That should do it.

thanks, I managed to get it working but I now have 2 touchpals in input method list lol, I may try yours tonight

Guest womble_sanfran
had this on the wide's blade for a couple of days now and no problems at all. Disconnects automatically when she leaves the house and connects as soon as she walks back in - perfect

The wide?! Better not let her hear you calling her that!!!