[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest misterLjay

Baked my custom rom about 30 minutes ago, flashed the rom using clockworkmod 2.5.0.9, it kept looping between the boot screen and lock screen. I left it for about 10 minutes to see if it'd sort itself out but it just kept looping. I reverted back to my backup.

Guest redironman
The one thing I am really not sure about is: should I wipe when installing newer and newer versions of alpha2?

(It's not that big of a deal to reinstall major stuff after each version but still... :P)

+1 here

The one thing I am really not sure about is: should I wipe when installing newer and newer versions of alpha2?

(It's not that big of a deal to reinstall major stuff after each version but still... :P)

No...

P

Guest Andy Maclean
Hi folks..has coarse positioning been fixed at all...was my main niggle with earlier ROMs...

Pity bout the button leds too..am sure that'll be mopped up sooner or later though..

Unfortunately not, hopefully Paul will look into it tho :P

Guest igors_s
Explain exactly what works and what doesn't and i'll look into to!

P

On Alpha 1 rom, the coarse positioning does not work at all.

with gps off (wireless networks positioning on) the phone never acquires location.

Tried using alternative gps.conf (wiht supl.google.com) servers, and still no luck. L

Get placed in the middle of UK (yorkshire, leeds).

This is tested on Orange SF gray version, in London.

Guest cmberry20

I've been waiting for Alpha2! When done Paul - many thanks.

However, does the new build still have the YouTube Green bar issue?

I think this should be fixed as default, sod the benchmark scores!!!

Guest Andy Maclean
Explain exactly what works and what doesn't and i'll look into to!

P

If you have GPS turned off then applications fail to get a location (should be via the gsm network or wifi network). Easiest way to recreate it is to open google maps with GPS off and hit the my location button on the top right. So far all froyo roms for the blade just time out returning 'Your current location is temporarily unavailable'.

Otherwise your rom pretty much clears up all remaining issues with Froyo on the blade. Thanks! :P

Andy

Guest Andy Maclean
Tried using alternative gps.conf (wiht supl.google.com) servers, and still no luck. L

Get placed in the middle of UK (yorkshire, leeds).

This is tested on Orange SF gray version, in London.

The setting you changed in the gps.conf is for Assisted GPS which uses an online server to get your rough location while waiting for a satillite fix.

The issue with getting placed in Yorkshire is because you have added ENABLE_WIPER=1 which i belive uses a qualcomm app to achieve the same as AGPS. This appears to have a default longitude of 54.000 and latitude of -2.000 for the UK which is the Yorkshire Dales. Not 100% sure on this, just what I have guessed.

Edited by Andy Maclean

Guest flatnote31
hi paul, could you just make the popular framework themes as part of the kitchen where you just tick the one you want and click bake, also i want to add arabic support from here, he provides libs http://ardoid.com/.

any help appreciated (i'm a noob)

If you want it to read Arabic, then I can assure you that Froyo is capable of displaying arabic fonts (and even Eclair with the aid of pushing fonts in) and in most cases it displays it from Right to Left (as it should).

The only quirk is that it does not connect letters to form words...so you'd suffer trying to read ( welcome to the club :P ).

Per the site's instruction, you can buy the app that sorts everything out for around $6 .... (bad word ..bad word..bad word)

HTC IME (from kitchen) force closed whenever I tried to select it

This happened before in previous 2.2 builds

the solution is to install it using app installer and not prebaked

link in a previous thread

Edited by Lew247

Guest Andy Maclean
I have made some changes to the location stuff in alpha2, not tested coarse location yet tho tbh.

P

I've done a quick test with alpha 2 and I get the same behaviour as before. After a bit of looking around and I think we'll probably need the kernel source to fix it :P

Edited by Andy Maclean

Guest Pakatus

Just 2 things to report:

As soon as i rebooted my phone after flash had a media core error...and stopped the process.

Sms app (default) doesnt allow choose notification sounds

Edited by Pakatus

Guest leetron1
I have made some changes to the location stuff in alpha2, not tested coarse location yet tho tbh.

P

Hi Paul..many thanks for your work..one of easiest ways to see this is to try to get weather info using something like Fancy Widget..need to set location manually unfortunately..

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious.

(and thanks again!!)

Edited by leetron1

Baked my custom rom about 30 minutes ago, flashed the rom using clockworkmod 2.5.0.9, it kept looping between the boot screen and lock screen. I left it for about 10 minutes to see if it'd sort itself out but it just kept looping. I reverted back to my backup.

same problem here!