[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HELLienadO
just tried to download r11 frommy phone with dolphin browser, but after pressing the bake button it loads for a bit and then does nothing :lol:

do it on the computer, not on the phone...

Guest rufree2talk
Found it. Indicator*.png's. The two green ones specifically are indicator_code_lock_point_area_green.png and indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_green_up.png.

works... you're awesome!

Guest Frankish
works... you're awesome!

Good stuff. They can be changed any colour. If you take the files from an existing framework then some pangs need converting from 8bit to 32bit. So stick to t ones I uploaded.

Guest targetbsp
Where do you even download the rom from r7 onwards or is it just for premium members????

My understanding is that it's still being developed and bug-fixed so it's not been released as a pre-bake download yet but will be once the bugs are fixed. Adfree members can get the in progress versions though and it's very good. I don't much play with contacts though - which is where the issues seem to be. I have names and phone numbers - the end. :lol:

Guest m_w_clarke

Hi Paul,

Is there any chance of you getting the recent SMS fix from Google into this ROM?

I believe that Google have released the source code for the fix.

Thanks,

M

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Very nice rom, however, when on camera and camcorder, view finder is black and white, video playback is jumpy and also black and white, on all d

video player apps

Edit I am using the r7 rom

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

I just paid for a modaco subscription and baked an R11 rom, I think i found some minor bugs or maybe i'm doing something wrong;

If I set a speed dial button in call settings and hold the corresponding button in the dialer it doesn't do anything. I am using the stock dialer not the ZTE smart dialer.

The messaging app only allows me to enter contacts manually by typing their name or number, but there is no selection list or a way to select multiple contacts.

Hi all

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour or actually have speed dial functioning correctly?

I'm using flibblesan's most recent ROM which also uses the stock dialer & I can't get this feature to work either.

Cheers, Paul

Hello, just a few days ago I have installed R10 (full clear cache etc) and used this version for a while. It is good and stable, but I would like also to install the R11 version. BUT I am thinking of all these installations of apps and the settings that I must do, the shortcuts I need to do again so I am thinking of avoiding the R11 and go for the next release. OR it is possible to just install/overwrite the R10 with R11 without the need of clearing settings/cache and all others ? Is there a way to dor the R10->R11 thing without the need to re-install all apps etc ?

Guest Phoenix Silver
Hello, just a few days ago I have installed R10 (full clear cache etc) and used this version for a while. It is good and stable, but I would like also to install the R11 version. BUT I am thinking of all these installations of apps and the settings that I must do, the shortcuts I need to do again so I am thinking of avoiding the R11 and go for the next release. OR it is possible to just install/overwrite the R10 with R11 without the need of clearing settings/cache and all others ? Is there a way to dor the R10->R11 thing without the need to re-install all apps etc ?

just install R11

don't need wipe factory reset

you loose nothing except perhaps the bugs :lol:

R8 ---> R11 doesn't need wipe

R7 and lower need wipe

No wipe just install over and settings, apps, etc are kept.

Having said that, I prefer R10. Without any scientific tests, my experience is R10 is better with battery, better with Wifi reconnection and doesn't have the bug in Call Log screen where you either get a box or an android angry face. Maybe it's a better idea to wait for the next update?

Guest ergo911
No wipe just install over and settings, apps, etc are kept.

Having said that, I prefer R10. Without any scientific tests, my experience is R10 is better with battery, better with Wifi reconnection and doesn't have the bug in Call Log screen where you either get a box or an android angry face. Maybe it's a better idea to wait for the next update?

Someone knows a fix for the Call log boxes? Is some another version ZTE Smart Dialer working ok?

Edited by ergo911

Thank you guys, I din't know I had the option to got to R11 from R10 without re-installing everything ! Thank you.

But I will wait for another release R12 ?!?! Has Paul left any comment when this will be available ?

Guest gambieter

Have had r11 on my OLED OSF for a few days, on a 128 MB /system partition and A2SD on a 8GB class 6 SDHC card. Feels smooth and looks good.

The only thing I noticed is that the WiFi is still flaky, especially with the new Linksys WRT160NL router at my parents house. Even installing Wifi KeepAlive and BladeWifiFix did not really help, many disconnects. Although mostly reconnecting after a bit of time, it is still poor compared to my HTC Desire.

I am considering to go back to the standard setting (disconnect with screen off) rather than always on Wifi.

Guest punkmilitia

Ok, browsed this topic since r11 to give you a list of all problems found since r11, hope it comes in handy Paul,

if anyone has any problems not listed here, please say.

Under USB Tethering, Help is showing up as "Web Page not available - The web page at file:///android_asset/html/en/tethering_help could not be loaded...."

Has this rom fixed the 'never' sleep policy problem?

Dialer force closing as others are reporting.

he only problem I've found not already mentioned is that "hotukdeals droid" app by gluestickapps has now stopped working. It just sits there on "loading data please wait" forever.

Great! Since this is a *big* release, removing default Chinese bookmarks in Browser might be a step further to perfection :-)

Is anyone getting android face icons in calling log instead of arrows for incoming and outgoing calls?

R11: Wlan is still disconnecting when ever the phone sleeps no matter how the policy is set

Contact sync works.... But it wont merge contacts. I have 3 contacts with identical names, one from Google, one from Facebook and one from Twitter. Same on every contact O.o

I'm getting that "android.process.acore closed" message. When I try to dial a number too, anyone found a fix for it yet?

and another question: i thought it was due to the new update, but im missing the "Vibration only" Mode in these OptionsIs anyone able to get romgripper working with this? Both the standard and the ++ versions install and download roms but when you press the play button nothing happens.

i noticed that camera is very worsened quality of pictures...tryed to read about it in the forum but couldnt found no answers. - use Sfran optimus portuguese and blade b03

Multiple FC's of the gapps service, Launcher Pro always FC's after reboot, etc. Just lots of annoying instabilities

Has anyone been able to get the facebook "sync with existing contacts" option to work on r11. I can't get it to work

I am finding every process very slow. I checked task manager resources and cpu usage was very high above 90%. I also use task killer.

Anyone else experiencing a picture frame image rather than a drop down indicator next to "More" at the bottom when editing a contact? Mearly cosmetic but seems a bit strange

metamorph not working on r11, wasn't working on r10 too it gives an error saying it can't extract some files due to lack of space in system, which is not true, there's plenty of space... I used to get this error on some CM6.1 nightlies for htc magic.

It works great on r8 though...

widgetsoid, extended controls and switchpro cannot turn on or off the mobile data connection :-(

Has anyone got m.tvcatchup.com working?

Everything I try to play says Error Sorry, this video can't be played.

Where is the Exchange support? Don't see it under Accounts as an option to add? The Alpha releases had support. Or do I have to install an extra package?

If you select sync contacts, I get duplicate contacts with photos from Facebook that don't merge with the ones on my phone.

If I select only sync existing contacts, I get nothing. No photos or data is added to existing contacts.

Touchpal still does not seem to work properly. In particular, when the dictionary option is chosen, which enables prediction etc, the app just closes down and the keyboard disappears. Any ideas?

If I set a speed dial button in call settings and hold the corresponding button in the dialer it doesn't do anything. I am using the stock dialer not the ZTE smart dialer.

The messaging app only allows me to enter contacts manually by typing their name or number, but there is no selection list or a way to select multiple contacts.

Does anyone else have problems with calendar sync with Google Calendar?

In my case, using MCDv11, is only syncing the "default" calendar, not the others, and in settings I can see them and they are all set to visible & sync.

Manual setup of an Exchange account server times out. If I flash the 'fixed' email app from FibbleSan (sp?) then setting up an Exchange server manually works without timing out.

my GPS is a nightmare, it just will not get a lock, Google Navigation shows me almost to the spot where I am, but it will not lock, and so will not navigate, the phone nearly went out the car window today, anybody else got an issue with GPS?

Is there any chance of support for wifi connections that go through a proxy server?

Three times in 2 day, I've come back to my phone after its been asleep and I've lost my mobile network. WiFi reconnected fine, but when I tried to make a call no network (so not just an icon issue). Is a bit annoying.

I have a problem the messaging app doesn't change the language when i put in portuguese.

is it me only? or happen to others, not beeing able to playback videos..

Minor problem I took a few photos with the location setting on and apparently I live in Mongolia. Which is funny cos I thought I lived in Essex

Also, would you please mind somehow fixing an accelerometer problem I have found while your at it? When you lock your screen it stops working so apps such as CardioTrainer stops taking your location details and pedometer stops working which in turns means some apps such as CardioTrainer need you to leave your screen unlocked while your out and about exercising and needless to say you sometimes hit buttons which ruin things.

Cyas

Edited by punkmilitia

Guest daytripper

I went ad-free yesterday and installed a custom r11 via the kitchen, after previously being on a 2.1 ROM. I'm really chuffed with the appearance and performance of my phone now and only regret that I didn't do it sooner. Great work Paul, thanks.

One issue that I have noticed is that the menu key disables the lock screen (I'm using the stock lock screen, not the ZTE one). Is this by design? I prefer it when you have to use the slider as otherwise it can be woken in my pocket. Any fixes for this?

Thanks in advance.

I went ad-free yesterday and installed a custom r11 via the kitchen, after previously being on a 2.1 ROM. I'm really chuffed with the appearance and performance of my phone now and only regret that I didn't do it sooner. Great work Paul, thanks.

One issue that I have noticed is that the menu key disables the lock screen (I'm using the stock lock screen, not the ZTE one). Is this by design? I prefer it when you have to use the slider as otherwise it can be woken in my pocket. Any fixes for this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi daytripper, just to let you know Paul's aware of the Menu unlock. Some members here like it and others prefer it switched off. When you think about it, you're not likely to unlock the screen anyway with the power button and then menu key sequence as it is, at least, comparable to the 2 button sequence to unlock other phone (I think Nokia does this all the time.) In any case, Paul did implement a fix but had to take it out as it is conflicting with the Gingerbread theme. I think the problem was the notification bar turns back into white instead of black. Considering all things, Paul's 2.2 is amazing! Especially since there's no sign of Orange ever releasing a 2.2 ROM for the San Francisco.

It's supposed to be like that.

Paul had the option in the kitchen to disable that feature, but it was temporarily removed. It's in the changelog in post 3.

Best,

Manji

Guest Phil001

really looking forward to these last few 'bugs' being ironed out.

Will definitely be going ad free and installing this rom when its all sorted. (still on the 2.1 MCR at the moment)

Seems Paul is a busy man at the moment tho!...

Guest daytripper

Thanks for the answers manji and lixcab. I guess it's true that having to press a button to even get to the lock screen does provide an extra level of protection. I'll see how it goes, it hasn't caused any problems so far so probably not an issue. Cheers.