[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

really looking forward to these last few 'bugs' being ironed out.

Will definitely be going ad free and installing this rom when its all sorted. (still on the 2.1 MCR at the moment)

Seems Paul is a busy man at the moment tho!...

Still working on the Blade tho. :lol:

P

Guest juniperz
Still working on the Blade tho. :lol:

P

Good to know, though be careful - if you pop your head above the parapet, people will ask you roughly when they might get to see R12 in the kitchen :)

Good to know, though be careful - if you pop your head above the parapet, people will ask you roughly when they might get to see R12 in the kitchen :lol:

:)

P

Can I install R10 over my R11 without a wipe?

Please use the search before posting a question that could (and has) have been asked and answered many times before

OR at least read the thread your asking the question in

The answer is 18 posts before yours which you would have seen if you actually read the thread or even a few posts before this

Please use the search before posting a question that could (and has) have been asked and answered many times before

OR at least read the thread your asking the question in

The answer is 18 posts before yours which you would have seen if you actually read the thread or even a few posts before this

Thanks. I counted backwards, 18 posts as instructed, and it turns out it was me answering a question if one needs to wipe to install R11 over R10.

However, counting backwards again, 2 posts from this one, the question is if its safe to install R10 over R11. I wanted to double check if the bugs such as the box in call log was present in R10. I apologise if your interpretation of my question above was offensive somehow.

nah it wasn't offensive, just most people ask the same questions time after time without even looking.

but 18 posts back from the one where you said "Can I install R10 over my R11 without a wipe?" is this which is the post I was referring to.

just install R11

don't need wipe factory reset

you loose nothing except perhaps the bugs :lol:

R8 ---> R11 doesn't need wipe

R7 and lower need wipe

It's simpler to install r11 over r10 but the bug with the box in call log seems to depend on if you get the zte dialler or not

FAO Paul.

Japanese Jallyfish now has the contact join issue fixed by compiling thed 2.2 versions of Contacts and ContactsProvider from the AOSP source. I know you probably already have a fix, but just in case :lol:

Guest themighysquitt
Hey, i can confirm that if you bake it without the hardware accelerator your battery last quite a bit longer.

I baked & installed a fresh ROM yesterday without the hardware accelerator & I noticed the battery does last a bit longer, cheers :lol:

After trying out fibblesan's G2 Froyo & Jap Jellyfish (they both good ROM's) I feel this one is the I tried so far.

I did pay the £9.99 add free fee but I felt it was worth it because it'll go towards the development of a near prefect 2.2 ROM for us all to enjoy!!

Also, would you please mind somehow fixing an accelerometer problem I have found while your at it? When you lock your screen it stops working so apps such as CardioTrainer stops taking your location details and pedometer stops working which in turns means some apps such as CardioTrainer need you to leave your screen unlocked while your out and about exercising and needless to say you sometimes hit buttons which ruin things.

Cyas

I am looking for a ROM which won't have this problem, too. My "sleep phase alarm app" won't really work - I have to leave the display on which isn't that great over night.

Any hope for a fix?

It's simpler to install r11 over r10 but the bug with the box in call log seems to depend on if you get the zte dialler or not

Simpler? How so?

I downloaded an R10 when it came out and was happy with it and generally thought it was pretty stable. Even Wifi was reconnecting better, also I noticed that default WLAN sleep policy setting was Never.

I have since upgraded to R11 but noticed the Wifi was not reconnecting as aggressively. I wanted to regress back to R10 to check if Wifi is better with this build as well as the boxes in call log.

So...

Can I install R10 over my R11 without a wipe?

You know what, nevermind. I'll just do a full wipe. (I might get told off again to use search function for a question that hasn't been asked.)

Guest mob.kio
Ok, browsed this topic since r11 to give you a list of all problems found since r11, hope it comes in handy Paul,

if anyone has any problems not listed here, please say.

Also, would you please mind somehow fixing an accelerometer problem I have found while your at it? When you lock your screen it stops working so apps such as CardioTrainer stops taking your location details and pedometer stops working which in turns means some apps such as CardioTrainer need you to leave your screen unlocked while your out and about exercising and needless to say you sometimes hit buttons which ruin things.

Cyas

i have also problems with my gps in r 11 build :lol:

Guest PeTiNgA

Hi Paul,

I assume you don't have time to check all topics on modaco, so I just want to give an heads-up about android sms bug, and how to fix it in froyo: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

Although I have to say... I've never experienced this bug :lol:

Don't know if you were already looking at this, I don't mean to undervalue you or your work in any way, please take no harm with this post :)

Cheers

Guest Bagpuss69

I've just installed R11 on my brand new San Francisco, and wow, what a difference. Thanks very much for this great ROM, Paul.

I'm having just one problem at the moment, which is connected with the Wifi. I've read through this thread, and I can't see anyone else mentioning my particular problem.

I'm connecting to the access point in my house, and all works fine. Wifi disconnects when I put the phone to sleep, and most of the time, reconnects when I wake up the phone. However, about 1 in 10 times, the wifi doesn't reconnect. If I look in Settings -> WLAN Settings -> WLAN networks, then my access point shows as 'Disabled, secure with WPA/WPS2 PSK'.

If I click on it, then it reconnects fine, and will continue to reconnect most of the time.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Andy.

Guest targetbsp

I think the reason that's not been mentioned here specifically is that that is relatively normal behaviour for the Blade in general unfortunately and not specific to this rom. It's so common that there's even a market app (blade wifi fix) to automate the reconnecting for you.

Guest juniperz
I've just installed R11 on my brand new San Francisco, and wow, what a difference. Thanks very much for this great ROM, Paul.

I'm having just one problem at the moment, which is connected with the Wifi. I've read through this thread, and I can't see anyone else mentioning my particular problem.

I'm connecting to the access point in my house, and all works fine. Wifi disconnects when I put the phone to sleep, and most of the time, reconnects when I wake up the phone. However, about 1 in 10 times, the wifi doesn't reconnect. If I look in Settings -> WLAN Settings -> WLAN networks, then my access point shows as 'Disabled, secure with WPA/WPS2 PSK'.

If I click on it, then it reconnects fine, and will continue to reconnect most of the time.

Thanks,

Andy.

I see exactly this behaviour with R11 - I am not sure I have seen anyone mention 'Disabled, secure with WPA/WPS2 PSK' here before (I expect a search fiend will prove me wrong), but I do get that occasionally.

I see exactly this behaviour with R11 - I am not sure I have seen anyone mention 'Disabled, secure with WPA/WPS2 PSK' here before (I expect a search fiend will prove me wrong), but I do get that occasionally.

I get that too (probably more often that 1 in 10 though, more like 1 in 2). Thought it was just me/my router and never thought to mention it here. Would be nice if if was fixable, but it's only a minor annoyance to me. I'm on r11.

Guest XenoPhoenix
I get that too (probably more often that 1 in 10 though, more like 1 in 2). Thought it was just me/my router and never thought to mention it here. Would be nice if if was fixable, but it's only a minor annoyance to me. I'm on r11.

Confirmed here too

Guest johannes140

Thanks,

Andy.

Happens to me too. Tried quite a few things, different roms, different driver, editing the wpa_supplicant.conf manually...

This seems to be a froyo-wide BLADE problem caused by a bad wifi driver. the nexus one had the same problem, but it was fixed by a driver update for their broadcom wifi module.

@paul: could you look into this?

Guest Bagpuss69

Glad it's not just me. I'm finding it a bit of a show stopper at the moment, as the San Francisco is being used by my wife, and she didn't realise that the Wifi wasn't reconnecting in the house.

She's managed to chew through her entire months data allowance (250MB) in a week or so. Not good.

Now that we're aware of it, we can take steps, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Andy.