[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gouabafla

r 11 Camera Problem

I have installed r11 from the kitchen and it is brilliant. Well done, Paul.

However, I am finding one problem. When I start the camera, everything looks normal, but after about a second the screen goes very dark - as if the camera were closing its iris due to too much light. All the photos I take end up being almost black. However, the video works fine.

I have searched for this problem and not found anything - sorry if I've missed it.

Guest johannes140

@paul: is it possible for you to recreate a new wifi driver from source code that fixes the not-reconnecting-issue? i looked into it, but haven't gotten very far :-(

Please could we have (one day) the fixed SMS app as mentioned here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...fixed-sms-app/#

Simply follow the links through the threads and you'll find the download link

either flash it using clockwork or do as I did and extract the apk out of the zip file and install either with adb or android commander

Alternatively download the zip, extract the apk and keep it and then put it inside any rom before you flash to your phone (ie replace the Mms.apk inside the rom)

it works great, and if you select iPhone (2.0) in the settings Custom User-Agent the mms pictures are normal sized too

Guest Amarielle
Simply follow the links through the threads and you'll find the download link

either flash it using clockwork or do as I did and extract the apk out of the zip file and install either with adb or android commander

Alternatively download the zip, extract the apk and keep it and then put it inside any rom before you flash to your phone (ie replace the Mms.apk inside the rom)

it works great, and if you select iPhone (2.0) in the settings Custom User-Agent the mms pictures are normal sized too

Thanks, this bug just started hitting me today, so will flash this.

Guest Mr_Odwin
This seems to be a froyo-wide BLADE problem caused by a bad wifi driver. the nexus one had the same problem, but it was fixed by a driver update for their broadcom wifi module.

@paul: could you look into this?

It's not just a Froyo issue. It is present in the Eclair builds too. I don't think anyone has successfully nailed it.

Guest johannes140
It's not just a Froyo issue. It is present in the Eclair builds too. I don't think anyone has successfully nailed it.

You are right, on Eclair it said "Connection unsuccessful, please try again.". This issue was fixed on the Nexus One by updating the wifi driver (see this @ xda, page 4)

Guest Blade_ZTE

Erm, now this is something I haven't seen reported before ... And I do believe I've read all 166 pages in this thread ...

If I have wifi enabled and then also enable data, either using the power widget or through settings, I lose connection with my network operator ...

If I do it the other way around (start with data enabled and turn on wifi) I'm still connected to my operator, but the little wifi icon on top pushes the little 3g icon off the screen - well, it disappears anyway.

Has anyone else seen this?

Almost certain I didn't see it in r10 (currently on r11).

While on the subject of operators - any chance of having the correct operator name showing on the lockscreen? Currently it says MCR, but I'm using Telia. Any of you Swedes out there getting the same?

Erm, now this is something I haven't seen reported before ... And I do believe I've read all 166 pages in this thread ...

If I have wifi enabled and then also enable data, either using the power widget or through settings, I lose connection with my network operator ...

If I do it the other way around (start with data enabled and turn on wifi) I'm still connected to my operator, but the little wifi icon on top pushes the little 3g icon off the screen - well, it disappears anyway.

Has anyone else seen this?

Almost certain I didn't see it in r10 (currently on r11).

While on the subject of operators - any chance of having the correct operator name showing on the lockscreen? Currently it says MCR, but I'm using Telia. Any of you Swedes out there getting the same?

I've seen this happen before. I put it down to me accidentally turning stuff off in options but I think there may be an issue here.

I'd love to see the good work Paul's done with USB host mode (including user interface to turn it on and off) on other phones as a feature of one of the future versions of this ROM.

Great ROM. Thanks Paul.

Guest webtaster

On the topic of Wifi, we have two San Francisco's in the house. One runs the stock Orange 2.1 firmware, and one runs the R11 firmware. I have noticed that the Wifi sensitivity on the R11 phone is much weaker than the one with the stock firmware. In sight of the router the R11 phone often reads no Wifi signal whilst the stock phone shows two bars. The Wifi on the R11 phone does work but is much less sensitive.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Guest ambisingh

hi iam using r7 and just wanted to know how do i turn on vibrate when i hit any of the pysical keys such as back menu or home or was this feature turned off beacause i can not find where the settings are

Thanks

Guest Nick Rhodes

Yes I get this sometimes (atleast once a day), I did mention it happens when my phone comes out of sleep. I am running R11, never tried any earlier roms for long to compare.

Guest DarkCounter

I am using the current r11 (Stock dialer, GB bits, HW acceleration OFF). One hint: Since turning HW acc off, battery seems to last much longer for me and I did not notice negative effects. At the moment I notice the following bugs/behaviours:

chompSMS (which I prefer instead of the stock SMS-app) sometimes crashes (sort of). Result is a blank screen when opening the app. Only "solution" so far: Menu - Properties - Applications - Application data - ChompSMS - Force Close (Which is 6 clicks and not really a solution). Ending the app via a taskmanager does not help. Since switching the HW acceleration off I did not notice this behaviour anymore, so it could be related to it - or just coincidence?

calWidget is a calendar widget. When tapping on the widget you have three options: Refresh, Open calendar app, Options. Options and refresh work as expected, only the open calendar app icon does literally nothing. I figured out that it works on JJ (can't remember which version), on MoDaCo's Froyo it failed with each release.

Finally there's an issue where I can't track down if it is ROM- or APP-related: I am using NewsRob as GoogleReader-app. The main thing is that the app is preventing the sleep state (which can be verified by waking the phone with the menu key or via Spare Parts). This results in massive battery drain. My workaround atm is disabling the app in Titanium backup in the morning, and re-enabling it in the afternoon. Even disabling in Titanium does not help - I have to reboot the phone. This is really only a workaround and not made for everyday use. As Paul himself uses NewsRob sometimes I hope he can track down the problem (and of course solve it :lol:).

Anyone who can confirm one of the above issues? Perhaps any solutions yet? Thanks in advance!

Guest treschi
calWidget is a calendar widget. When tapping on the widget you have three options: Refresh, Open calendar app, Options. Options and refresh work as expected, only the open calendar app icon does literally nothing. I figured out that it works on JJ (can't remember which version), on MoDaCo's Froyo it failed with each release.

+1

OH! ANd I cannot for the life of me make vibrate notifications work. I have it set to Always Vibrate in settings but it just wont >.< Really odd, worked fine in every other ROM, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I have a similar problem in that the wifi connection seems to drop, but after a few times reconnecting the router actively refuses to accept the connection anymore, it just keeps trying and not connecting, it's as if the router is refusing after a certain number of reconnections. I'm almost certain though that it's the router's wifi and not the phone on this occasion.

Guest Frankish
OH! ANd I cannot for the life of me make vibrate notifications work. I have it set to Always Vibrate in settings but it just wont >.< Really odd, worked fine in every other ROM, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Is that for sms? Because you have to set the vibrate manually for the sms app under its own notification settings.

Guest juniperz
Good to know, though be careful - if you pop your head above the parapet, people will ask you roughly when they might get to see R12 in the kitchen :lol:

@Paul - was I too subtle? Any news on R12 please? R11 just seems so last week...

Is that for sms? Because you have to set the vibrate manually for the sms app under its own notification settings.

>.< Yep, thanks man. I feel a BIT silly now but ah well haha. Ya live and learn :lol:

Guest Andymac1969

I have now used this rom (R11) since it was launched last week, and it has been faultless apart from the GPS, I downloaded another Bake and reflashed the phone, and the GPS has been faultless for a few days. Today it has driven me nuts again, it just will not lock on my position, the arrow is pretty much on my position, but it does not lock, and hence it will not navigate.

I have put no apps on the phone since I reflashed it, I loaded GPS test and that is showing no satellites, when I reboot the phone it still shows none, the only way to make it work again is to pull the battery out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Andrew :lol:

Guest KopCity

Guys please please help,im afraid my phone will break...

"The application Recovery Manager (process com.podtwo.RecoveryManager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

…make sure you have rooted your phone. Instructions on how to root can be found on the previous page.

If you have already rooted your phone, uninstall and reinstall Recovery Manager. Then, turn off your phone and turn it on. Open Task Manager from the app list on your phone, press the physical Menu button and tap Kill All. Launch Recovery Manager from the app list on your phone again and follow from Step 31.

# Superuser will ask for permission. Tap OK.

# Tap the Recovery tab.

# Tap Install Recovery.

# Tap /sdcard/download/clock.img

# Tap OK.

# Wait for the Installing box to disappear.

# Done!

why wont it work?ive followed this step twice now and i also reinstalled it n installed again

thanks