[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Frankish
>.< Yep, thanks man. I feel a BIT silly now but ah well haha. Ya live and learn :)

Yeah it's one of my pet peeves. Whenever i set up a rom i always forget to turn this on. This should be ON by default!!! :lol:

Guest The Soup Thief
duno y im upgrading,people having too many problems!

Sorry fella - can't really follow what problem you're having

How's about you explain what rom you're upgrading from, which clockwork version you're using, whether seb's installer went on ok, which version of it you've installed etc

That kinda thing would be useful, else we're all a bit more in the dark about your situation than you are

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest grentuu
I have now used this rom (R11) since it was launched last week, and it has been faultless apart from the GPS, I downloaded another Bake and reflashed the phone, and the GPS has been faultless for a few days. Today it has driven me nuts again, it just will not lock on my position, the arrow is pretty much on my position, but it does not lock, and hence it will not navigate.

I have put no apps on the phone since I reflashed it, I loaded GPS test and that is showing no satellites, when I reboot the phone it still shows none, the only way to make it work again is to pull the battery out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Andrew :lol:

Don't know what to say. I flashed the wifes last week and hers works fine. We drove to Warwick at the weekend and even though I was using copilot on my desire she insisted on using navigation on her SF to show me it works. She even used it in town yesterday to get to an interview (walking)

I did completely wipe the phone before flashing - everything. But everything works out of the box. Only minor niggle is the boxes in contacts but shes happy with that.

Now if I could just get her to stop playing games Dev story...

Edited by grentuu

I have now used this rom (R11) since it was launched last week, and it has been faultless apart from the GPS, I downloaded another Bake and reflashed the phone, and the GPS has been faultless for a few days. Today it has driven me nuts again, it just will not lock on my position, the arrow is pretty much on my position, but it does not lock, and hence it will not navigate.

I have put no apps on the phone since I reflashed it, I loaded GPS test and that is showing no satellites, when I reboot the phone it still shows none, the only way to make it work again is to pull the battery out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Andrew :lol:

You don't say that you erased after flashing. At least erase the cache, and if that doesn't fix it, then do a full erase. Like the guy above, it works for me, but I do like to erase when I flash, and I try not to use Titanium to undo the effects of erasing too much.

Just want to say thanks to all for your hard work - just been switching from JJ to the MoDaCo rom after a couple of weeks. It feels good to have paid a bit of money towards development (in a way it feels safer to modify the phone!) and all the effort on themes has made it a pleasurable learning experience in Android.

Another vote of thanks from me. I thought ROM development had dried up but eventually figured out the forum had moved (it's January - the old noggin hasn't warmed up yet). Flashed last night and everything seems fast and clean so far. Can't wait to try out the fixed FM Radio over the weekend.

Does anyone know the name (or, better, location) of the default wallpaper used for alpha 5? It was light blue with flashes of light across it. This new grass wallpaper looks gorgeous but it is too dark for my needs. I spend a lot of time outside at night and it makes icons difficult to see. All the other installed wallpapers are similarly dark.

I've googled but can't find the one that was on the old builds. Obviously I could just install another light coloured wallpaper but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Does anyone know the name (or, better, location) of the default wallpaper used for alpha 5? It was light blue with flashes of light across it. This new grass wallpaper looks gorgeous but it is too dark for my needs. I spend a lot of time outside at night and it makes icons difficult to see. All the other installed wallpapers are similarly dark.

I've googled but can't find the one that was on the old builds. Obviously I could just install another light coloured wallpaper but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

PM Sent :lol:

Guest webtaster
Another vote of thanks from me. I thought ROM development had dried up but eventually figured out the forum had moved (it's January - the old noggin hasn't warmed up yet). Flashed last night and everything seems fast and clean so far. Can't wait to try out the fixed FM Radio over the weekend.

Hi .. sorry did this discussion move ? where to ??

Guest Flumpster

When using a bluetooth headset and you hold your call button it brings up voice dialing. If you then tell it do dial someone it does do it but it comes up with Unknown contact on the screen for everyone you dial.

Guest Andymac1969
You don't say that you erased after flashing. At least erase the cache, and if that doesn't fix it, then do a full erase. Like the guy above, it works for me, but I do like to erase when I flash, and I try not to use Titanium to undo the effects of erasing too much.

I did wipe it but will give it another go, to further enlighten on it, I drove from Ipswich to Southend On Sea today and the GPS was faultless, 100% spot on, I went to a meeting and turned the phone off whilst in there, came out, back in the car and the GPS would not lock, blue triangle was over where I was, GPS test showed no satellites. I then rebooted the phone a couple of times and it still did not work, then pulled the battery out, rebooted the phone, and the GPS was working, it was then spot on all the way from Southend back to Ipswich.

GPS test at home inside the house, shows 8 satellites and accurate to 19ft, I am no expert but surely this is a software problem rather than hardware, as when I was running JJ and the Orange stock ROM I had no issues at all?

Andrew

I did wipe it but will give it another go, to further enlighten on it, I drove from Ipswich to Southend On Sea today and the GPS was faultless, 100% spot on, I went to a meeting and turned the phone off whilst in there, came out, back in the car and the GPS would not lock, blue triangle was over where I was, GPS test showed no satellites. I then rebooted the phone a couple of times and it still did not work, then pulled the battery out, rebooted the phone, and the GPS was working, it was then spot on all the way from Southend back to Ipswich.

GPS test at home inside the house, shows 8 satellites and accurate to 19ft, I am no expert but surely this is a software problem rather than hardware, as when I was running JJ and the Orange stock ROM I had no issues at all?

I think it is a general hardware problem (not specific to your phone) and the hardware isn't being properly initialized or reset.

I conclude this because removing power makes it work but reboot does not; therefore loss of power puts it into a state that a software initialization does not.

The matter may be as simple as edge-case timing during intialization.

But I don't think this helps us unless we can be sure that other kernels don't show this problem.

A friend of mine has just spotted a small bug (apart from the already mentioned call log - black box bug) - the sms call reject (invoked by pressing the menu button before accepting the call) doesn't seem to work. The call is rejected, but the sms isn't sent. Could this be fixed in r12 please? (or do I need to set something somewhere in order to make it work?)

Keep up the good work!

Guest targetbsp
I'm connecting to the access point in my house, and all works fine. Wifi disconnects when I put the phone to sleep, and most of the time, reconnects when I wake up the phone. However, about 1 in 10 times, the wifi doesn't reconnect. If I look in Settings -> WLAN Settings -> WLAN networks, then my access point shows as 'Disabled, secure with WPA/WPS2 PSK'.

If I click on it, then it reconnects fine, and will continue to reconnect most of the time.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a fix?

I started getting similar behaviour. I can't say for sure it said disabled (didn't look :lol: ) but wifi in my widget was showing as on, no wifi icon in notifications and I was having to go to the wifi settings, select my router and click connect.

Also, I have tasker airplane my phone overnight and sometimes had the odd behaviour where when I next used my phone in the morning the wifi was no longer switched on.

I've switched to JJ9 for a bit to compare because I used it as my first Froyo and I remember being impressed that the wifi issues seemed more or less fixed.

Guest webtaster

I just had my blade replaced as the wifi sensitivity was very low.

Orange agreed to replace it with no problems. I called them 8pm last night and the phone arrived at 9am this morning. Fantastic service !

The new phone of course is back to the 2.1 firmware, and the wifi now works around the house no problem! I know the wifi problem was hardware as I restored the phone back to 2.1 as a test and compared to my wife's blade, which runs 2.1, the wifi signal was very weak.

I'm now debating wether to re-install the r11 rom again but now that I'm familiar with the R11 and 2.1 Roms, wondered if there is any real advantage to using R11 with all the flashing and re-flashing, losing angry birds save game :lol: etc.

It might be easier to just remove all the Orange branding and go down that route.

I'm really finding it hard to see the point, or maybe I'm missing the point...

This isn't a criticism btw, I think Paul did a great job with R11. It's just an open question.

The other burning question is if there will be an R12 and should I wait a few more days ? :)

Guest tyrol_gangster

i am also suffering from the corrupted icons in call log issue, what i don't get however is why this call log is displayed at all since i have dialer one installed? for example after a missed call the dialer one call log opens, but when i exit that i go into the other call log instead of home screen? can sb pls recommend the simplest way to change this behaviour or get rid of the call log (not sure if thats the stock or zte one dont remember what i cooked sorry)

Guest m_w_clarke

Why doesnt sound recorder show up on the apps menu, but shows up in the settings->applications?

Finding the APK using Root explorer and selecting run does nothing.

Is there an issue with the sound recorder?