[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Graham  Ccarter
Do you guys get horizontal and vertical lines in youtube and camera after awhile? I was getting this with R11 and now I'm back with R10 and I'm still getting this. Clearing the Dalvik cache in CWM removes the lines but this doesn't seem normal.

Thanks.

build prop in R10 and R11 have a vm heapsize of 32m

Yup, I got this the other day... initially I thought it was a hardware fault with the phone... however a restart solved the issue. I don't use the camera much...

Edited by Graham Ccarter

Guest zerosignull

Great ROM Paul (R11).

Would it be possible to mod the kitchen descriptions to tell us how much space each checked item uses? and would be double ace at the bottom if it could give us the amount of free space on the phone for apps based on the items we have backed in.

How do I go back to the normal 2.2 white theme from the gingerbread black one in R11?

Guest womble_sanfran
Would it be possible to mod the kitchen descriptions to tell us how much space each checked item uses? and would be double ace at the bottom if it could give us the amount of free space on the phone for apps based on the items we have backed in.

Bear in mind the apps you add in the kitchen get stored in /system/app, the apps you get from the market go to /data/app. They are both separate mount points/partitions so any savings in /system/app cannot then be used for market apps. I do like your first idea though.

Edited by womble_sanfran

Hi. First off,awesome job on building these roms. I wish i had one tenth of your skill :-)

I have a problem (not the rash,i got rid of that,finally). After using clockwork to put the r11 rom on (i wiped cache and data), I get a really poor signal.

At most 2 bars but usually 1 or none eek.

Is there a known problem with signal at the moment. When I restore a backup using clockwork to an earlier prebake,i'm back to full bars.

Any help guys?

Guest targetbsp

The difference between a 2g and 3 signal? It always throws me when I first put a rom on and it's in 3g where i only have a couple of bars when I generally run the phone in 2g mode with full signal.

Edited by targetbsp

targetbsp,were you answering my problem?

So would I need to switch to 2g to receive a decent phone signal?

Seems like a lot of work when the previous rom I used had no issues.

Guest targetbsp

What I was asking is 'was your previous rom set to 2g to save battery?'. If so... then that's why you have a different signal rating because the rom will default to 3g.

I was using r0.3_update_de-softened_blade_s..zip as advised on http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk.

This was before i discovered this site.

I don't have any problems,apart from the wifi dropping out,wifi fix from the market sorted that out.

I didn't have it set to 2g and had full bars,all the time.

cheers for helping ;)

Edited by jexell

Guest Mushroom_Lord

A few errors I have found with the rl7 Rom (which are probably fixed in later roms)

Video playback is occasionally in black and white, but seems to be fixed on reboot

Fussy, but, the task manager app says "system busy,try later" (requires a space after the comma)

Fails to remember the default keyboard (i have saved swype to my phone but have to keep long holding on text input to change back to swype)

When will a prebake of a rom later than rls7 be avaliable?

Cheers in advance

Guest stuartrace
I have a problem (not the rash,i got rid of that,finally).

haha! ;)

Is there a known problem with signal at the moment. When I restore a backup using clockwork to an earlier prebake,i'm back to full bars.

Any help guys?

I'm just wondering, have you checked in Settings -> Status -> Signal strength to verify that the signal is actually much weaker when it suggests that it has 2 bars? I just wonder if it's a reporting error rather than an actual signal problem. I assume that that value is the actual strength (unless someone corrects me?)

Guest mark2410

ive not seen anyone else comment but i cant link twitter to any contacts. is it because i let twitter go inside the ROM and not installed afterwards.

am i the only person its broken for?

Guest rutteger
ive not seen anyone else comment but i cant link twitter to any contacts. is it because i let twitter go inside the ROM and not installed afterwards.

am i the only person its broken for?

Also seen this. Assume related to the issue whereby facebook contacts can't be linked/merged either. Not tested twitter contacts with other ROMs but know JJ works OK for FB contact merge. Hopefully this will be fixed in Paul's next ROM (?).

Can anyone confirm if the facebook contact merge issue and twitter merge issue are related?

Guest webtaster

I'm still having problems with caller ID on the R11 ROM. The phone doesnt locate a the contact name for an incoming number even though it is in the contacts list. It just appears as "unknown"

Anyone else getting this ?

Guest zerosignull
Bear in mind the apps you add in the kitchen get stored in /system/app, the apps you get from the market go to /data/app. They are both separate mount points/partitions so any savings in /system/app cannot then be used for market apps. I do like your first idea though.

Ah right. On the pulse when adding apps the free space on the user spaced partition used to go down. Assumed the setups were the same.

The next request there would be - is there a way we can modify the partitions in the bake so that the /system/ partition is shrunk and the /data/ grows dependent on ticked apps?

Guest Marvintheparanoidandroid

Subscribed last night and updated to r11 through the Kitchen.

Very nice. Got the hang of restoring from Titanium backup and things are all working nicely now. The crashing in the browser was probably caused by the overwrite when I installed beta5.

Only thing I dislike, and it's a small thing, in two senses, is the size of the new icons in the status bar. It was be difficult to make out the different network connection types at the new size.

Hi,sorry it took a while to answer,had to work.

I flashed back to another rom but will try again and see what the signal strength says.

Not sure what difference it will make as I tried ringing my mobile from the landline when i had no bars,number was unreachable.

will try r11 again and get back to you ;)

Hi,sorry it took a while to answer,had to work.

I flashed back to another rom but will try again and see what the signal strength says.

Not sure what difference it will make as I tried ringing my mobile from the landline when i had no bars,number was unreachable.

will try r11 again and get back to you ;)

Guest Simon O
I'm still having problems with caller ID on the R11 ROM. The phone doesnt locate a the contact name for an incoming number even though it is in the contacts list. It just appears as "unknown"

Anyone else getting this ?

I dont think Paul has fixed this in the stock dialer/contacts apps.

Guest DominicA
Subscribed last night and updated to r11 through the Kitchen.

Very nice. Got the hang of restoring from Titanium backup and things are all working nicely now. The crashing in the browser was probably caused by the overwrite when I installed beta5.

Only thing I dislike, and it's a small thing, in two senses, is the size of the new icons in the status bar. It was be difficult to make out the different network connection types at the new size.

Just install one of Frankish's themes.

Ok so i'm back on r11.

signal strength says:

-105 dBm 4 asu when i have 0 signal bars

-103 dBm 5 asu when i have 1 signal bar

-101 dBm 6 asu when i have 1 signal bar

-97 dBm 8 asu when i have 1 signal bar

-93 dBm 10 asu when i have 2 signal bars

-91 dBm 11 asu when i have 2 signal bars

With the other rom i use i get constant 4 signal bars at home and drops to 3 at times when i am at work.

If it stayed on at least 2,i could live with it but not how it currently is.

Any suggestions?

Guest atifali001
Ok so i'm back on r11.

signal strength says:

-105 dBm 4 asu when i have 0 signal bars

-103 dBm 5 asu when i have 1 signal bar

-101 dBm 6 asu when i have 1 signal bar

-97 dBm 8 asu when i have 1 signal bar

-93 dBm 10 asu when i have 2 signal bars

-91 dBm 11 asu when i have 2 signal bars

With the other rom i use i get constant 4 signal bars at home and drops to 3 at times when i am at work.

If it stayed on at least 2,i could live with it but not how it currently is.

Any suggestions?

ive been having a few issues with signal too... only happened in the last few days and ive been running r11 for a while now not to sure why it is, sometimes its 1 bar and even none and then a minute later goes full and then back down, not too sure why but it seems odd even when outdoors where id normally have full bars im struggling to get 2....