[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

ive been having a few issues with signal too... only happened in the last few days and ive been running r11 for a while now not to sure why it is, sometimes its 1 bar and even none and then a minute later goes full and then back down, not too sure why but it seems odd even when outdoors where id normally have full bars im struggling to get 2....

Phew,glad it's not just me messing things up. Although obviously I am sorry to hear you are having problems too ;)

I am going back to old rom again,no point having a "phone" if people can't call me on it ;)

Edited by jexell

Guest evilpaul
I am going back to old rom again,no point having a "phone" if people can't call me on it ;)

Is it actually stopping you from receiving or making phone calls, or is it just a change in how many bars are displayed?

I struggle to get a decent signal, but that is mainly down to O2 having rubbish coverage in Coventry. It's never stopped me being able to make calls though.

When i drop to zero bars,i have zero signal. no calls out or in.

I went ad free,so will wait for r12 and try again then.

Paul seems to get these roms out so quickly that no-one need wait long.

Really appreciate all the help and pauls hard work.

Guest Productivity

Is there anyway to get an email when a new version of this rom is released?

I'm running r11 and it's awesome! Thanks Paul!

Is Gingerbread on the cards for the SF in the future?

Guest womble_sanfran
Is there anyway to get an email when a new version of this rom is released?

I'm running r11 and it's awesome! Thanks Paul!

Is Gingerbread on the cards for the SF in the future?

Sure. Subscribe to the thread (track this topic) and then you will get an email when it is updated, when the thread title changes from "18/Jan" then it has been updated.

Guest macrules
It is downloadable already if you have paid the subscription.

I know that, I mean without it of course.

I tried b7 and it is very good!

I use Go Launcher EX with the Classic theme and it is smooth.I can play Angry Birds.

Also, after first boot I forgot to wipe, so not boot, after that it booted but I got Wifi issues (after sleep no connect).

Since I put it a test account and it is impossible to remove the account that is first entered, I did another full wipe.

After that I had no Wifi issues!

It comes up every time now when I put on the phone.

I read somewhere that it might be being held up now by some program.

Does anyone experience this?

Does anyone have Wifi issues?

Did anyone try this for this ROM:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...lutions-centre/

Thanks for your hard work Paul!

Guest grentuu
gone back to JJ RLS9

Same here. Rock solid and have no issues at all.

Have had a number off issues with this (R11) but haven't posted as the questions have already been asked but not answered.

Edited by grentuu

ive been having a few issues with signal too... only happened in the last few days and ive been running r11 for a while now not to sure why it is, sometimes its 1 bar and even none and then a minute later goes full and then back down, not too sure why but it seems odd even when outdoors where id normally have full bars im struggling to get 2....

Same here since I installed r11. Very variable network connections, constantly dropping out and not swapping from 3G to 2G neatly.

Guest ThrashMan
I'm still having problems with caller ID on the R11 ROM. The phone doesnt locate a the contact name for an incoming number even though it is in the contacts list. It just appears as "unknown"

Anyone else getting this ?

Caller ID working for me.....when the phone is ringing it says who's calling and so does the call log.

I'm still having problems with caller ID on the R11 ROM. The phone doesnt locate a the contact name for an incoming number even though it is in the contacts list. It just appears as "unknown"

Anyone else getting this ?

Think I had this problem when r11 first came out.

I think if you delete the data from the contacts app then let it rebuild itself it should work.

If not search back at the begining of this thread, as mine works now and I could have only fixed it if someone here told me how to do it.

Guest kalderista

Can anyone confirm that the screen freezing isue is solved???

Still happening?

I find it quite important isue, don't you?

Edited by kalderista

Can anyone confirm that the screen freezing isue is solved???

Still happening?

I find it quite important isue, don't you?

There was a new source that came out last December that fixed the freezing issue. MCR, JJ, FLB and ROMs by Sebastian, et al. won't freeze on you.

Guest Totyasrác
brilliant work. but how do i download r11 ???

Go for the membership (either AdFree or Plus).

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest macrules
There was a new source that came out last December that fixed the freezing issue. MCR, JJ, FLB and ROMs by Sebastian, et al. won't freeze on you.

I am off to JJ too.

Wifi was not fixed I noticed (no wifi after longer sleep).

I can understand why a dev would like this description method, but if I see that other ROMS work better and issues are not addressed rapidly, I am not willing to take such a subsciption.

I really do prefer the XDA way of doing it: just make the ROM all public and let people donate.

I have donated to a couple of MIUI porters now. I am willing to subscribe if someone makes a flawless one for ZTE Blade though :P.

Hope my posts have helped, I have seen no reply on the Wifi fix, if anyone tried it please post if it worked.

Also notice this:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...eta1-04-feb-11/

Tom G is very far fixing CM6. I hope we will have a full MIUI port soon too :D.

Thanks to all devs!

Guest geegeethatsme

From the link posted it's clear that CM roms still have issues too. Personally, and I well appreciate this is just my experience, MCR 2.1 r4 and MCR 2.2 r11 (which I'm now on) have been ridiculously stable.

Edited by geegeethatsme

Guest evilpaul
can anyone tell me why i have never since owning the blade had 'H' connection?????!!!

This is more than likely due to the mobile provider you are using and the signal strength in your area.

Guest XenoPhoenix
can anyone tell me why i have never since owning the blade had 'H' connection?????!!!

My girlfriend can never seems to get H on her blade when I have it on my Desire (We are both orange UK) however she did get it when she was in London so I can only assume that the antenna in the Blade is not as sensitive as those in other phones, though it is possible to get H on it.

Edited by XenoPhoenix

Guest mark2410

ive just realised that i have problem with contacts syncing. they sync fine down but if i make changes or create new ones on the phone they do not show in gmail.

anyone else getting that?

Guest flopyro

sorry again for not reading 174 pages, just 1 question

is some one else expiriencing PROBLEMS with SENDING/RECEIVING MMS ?

i used before FBL r2a...and it worked perfectly .... but with this rom .. i need to reboot the phone in order to send one MMS !!!