[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jonny Murray

Kinda have to agree with macrules , been trying different roms out in last few weeks and if a rom is as good as it says then i'd donate although i have read good stuff about this one so i joined and downloaded.

Running fine at moment after 2 days although my battery life is pretty poor , charge every day for pretty low usage. I did have Jellyfish on before this and i was kinda happy with it but felt the need to try this one. I have to say the games run smoother with this one which is good and since i installed handsent sms im now getting good sms support , its juts the battery life that puting me off. Ill give it another week and then decide between the two .

Guest uotinam

Have the flowing issues with phone, some basic things ?

Running R11 from Clean Wipe etc etc

1. When headphones are connected (symbol displayed) Audio Alerts / Ringing / changing volume still comes from the handset Speaker

2. Volume Appears to very low when connecting to external powered audio speakers while playing music in WINAMP or Music Player? Tested old MP3 Player / ICrap works fine on speakers. HeadPhones appear to work ok

3. At times have headphones connect nothing playing, (dont ask me why?) you can hear some sort of Repetitive Clicking going on in the background ? once phone screen saver is activated very odd.

4. Holding down the Power Button displays Shutdown / Reboot options etc, Select REBOOT , phone goes into "Screen non responding" problem... PULL BATTERY OUT to fix. I don't know if this is because the gingerbread add-on from the kitchen add this feature "reboot"

5. In the Dialer Call Log View (think I have the default ZTE dialer) the "image box" covers part of the name in the display. (didn't see this before)

6. Skype - Audio Issue hands free only. Never Worked on this phone I know its not a issue with this ROM..

I can say going from V3 to V11 was a great improvement thou ! well done.

Guest webtaster

I'm beginning to wonder if this rom has been abandoned. Its been ages since Paul posted on this thread, and must be 3 weeks since R11 came out.. Would be good to hear if any progress is being made with any of the issues that people have mentioned, and whether there is any point in looking out for an R12....

Its very close to being a great release but would benefit from some further bug fixing.

Guest abc150781

Hello,

i can't sending MMS messeges. I using an German Prepaid Povider (Eplus/Aldi Talk). I think the APN settings are okay.

Enclosed same Screenshot of my APN settsing.

gasfe26k8udv.jpg

qfs2yc51zbt.jpg1c9adplht57z.jpg

Can anyboady help me?

Best Regards

Patrick

PS: Sorry for the bad english

Guest Phoenix Silver
Hello,

i can't sending MMS messeges. I using an German Prepaid Povider (Eplus/Aldi Talk). I think the APN settings are okay.

Enclosed same Screenshot of my APN settsing.

gasfe26k8udv.jpg

qfs2yc51zbt.jpg1c9adplht57z.jpg

Can anyboady help me?

Best Regards

Patrick

PS: Sorry for the bad english

have you tried mnc = 05

you can try mnc = 77

don't know which one you need

Guest Simon O
I'm beginning to wonder if this rom has been abandoned. Its been ages since Paul posted on this thread, and must be 3 weeks since R11 came out.. Would be good to hear if any progress is being made with any of the issues that people have mentioned, and whether there is any point in looking out for an R12....

Its very close to being a great release but would benefit from some further bug fixing.

Have you ever thought that the reason for the delay in releasing r12 is due to bug fixing and also due to Paul having to juggle his time between his own work and the other roms he develops?

Paul hasn't abandoned the rom and r12 will be released soon. I'm sure everyone would rather have a rom with most bugs fixed than a buggy rom rushed out to please everyone?

Guest Rotmann
Known issues

[*]None!

This shouldn't be there as it is not true. New users (or users who don't read a few pages back) install this expecting a perfect rom but there are many known bugs.

Guest webtaster
Have you ever thought that the reason for the delay in releasing r12 is due to bug fixing and also due to Paul having to juggle his time between his own work and the other roms he develops?

Paul hasn't abandoned the rom and r12 will be released soon. I'm sure everyone would rather have a rom with most bugs fixed than a buggy rom rushed out to please everyone?

I totally agree with you. I'm just seeing quite a few people report problems but no-one says that they have been noted or are being looked at.

Anyway fair play if its still work in progress :P

Guest Nick Rhodes

Hi,

I think it would be nice if we knew approximately when Paul was aiming to get R12 released - it does seem like Paul suddenly falls off the radar without leaving us a clue as when he will return.

In terms of limited time, are you guys all collaberating behind the scene in terms of sharing bug fixes (almost seems a waste you guys building different roms instead of one) ?

Cheers, Nick :P

Guest Totyasrác
No sorry, the settings are okay.

Name: Eplus MMS

APN: mms.eplus.de

Username: mms

Passwort: eplus

MMSC: http://mms/eplus

MMS proxy: 212.023.097.153

MMS port: 5080

MCC: 262

MNC: 03

APN type: mms

This is my source

Any other idea??

Patrick

Authentication type set to PAP solved my problem on Hungarina T-Mobile... Give it a shot, dude :P

Guest John Hamelink

Just thought I'd mention that I've bought premium for two years now because Modaco is so damned useful, and I like to show my support. R11 is awesome, keep up the great work Paul!

John

Guest abc150781
Authentication type set to PAP solved my problem on Hungarina T-Mobile... Give it a shot, dude :P

Take a Look on the screenshot, there you will see that the authenticationtyp is set to PAP!!!

It isn't an SIM Card Porblem, because i can write SMS, can calling and i can also got to the Internet.

I think it must be an settings problem. One question, i can't remove the default pre configurd MMS APN Profil, when i add an new APN MMS Profil witch of this will be activ?

Is it a way to delete all APN Profils?

Best Regards

Patrick

Well... it is Wednesday, so we can but hope...

Guest Phoenix Silver
Take a Look on the screenshot, there you will see that the authenticationtyp is set to PAP!!!

It isn't an SIM Card Porblem, because i can write SMS, can calling and i can also got to the Internet.

I think it must be an settings problem. One question, i can't remove the default pre configurd MMS APN Profil, when i add an new APN MMS Profil witch of this will be activ?

Is it a way to delete all APN Profils?

Best Regards

Patrick

i have seen in some web pages for your provider mnc = 5

anyway

there is a specific post in forum to solve mms problems

i think it's in the general

i'll see if i can find it

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest abc150781
i have seen in some web pages for your provider mnc = 5

anyway

there is a specific post in forum to solve mms problems

i think it's in the general

i'll see if i can find it

Ever when i configur the mnc 5 my new MMS APN Profil will be delelet!

Where i can find this Special subforum?

Edited by abc150781

Guest Phoenix Silver
Ever when i configur the mnc 5 my new MMS APN Profil will be delelet!

Where i can find this Special subforum?

not a subforum a topic

wouachhh it was hidden far away (page 6)

oki you are lucky here its is

here

r12 online!

This is a minor release. Unfortunately I am away for 2 weeks from this weekend, so there will be no updates in the interim. When I return however, I plan to hoover up the remaining issues to get 100% solid, as well as adding some cool new stuff! Thanks for your ongoing support everyone! :P

P

PS I'll be uploading r12 as prebake too.

Changelog

r12

• Reoptimised - smaller, faster!
  • Updated all outdated components
  • Contacts should be fixed once and for all - if you uncheck Google contacts to use Smartdialer, Facebook Sync / Contact merge won't work!
  • r12 goes prebake

r12 online!

This is a minor release. Unfortunately I am away for 2 weeks from this weekend, so there will be no updates in the interim. When I return however, I plan to hoover up the remaining issues to get 100% solid, as well as adding some cool new stuff! Thanks for your ongoing support everyone! :P

P

PS I'll be uploading r12 as prebake too.

Changelog

r12

• Reoptimised - smaller, faster!
  • Updated all outdated components
  • Contacts should be fixed once and for all - if you uncheck Google contacts to use Smartdialer, Facebook Sync / Contact merge won't work!
  • r12 goes prebake

I'm jealous if it's Snowboarding again...

Thanks for the updates, may satisfy some people for a while!

Guest Totyasrác
r12 online!

Cheers, mate (even thogh I've just finished installing FLB v8 right at this very minute...). I'll store a baked version of MCR r12 on my SD and will see 'bout it tomorrow :P

('boardin' again?! Good for ya :D)

Guest Flumpster
R12 Installed, still have issue with Caller ID when receiving calls =/

Yep, pretty much every bug I encountered with r11 is still here in r12.. lol

Time to try a new rom and I'll come back once work has been done to this.

P.S. I am adfree, just have 2 accounts on here.