[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I had the caller ID problem, so wiped and started again (even though I'd wiped for R8), and it sorted it, so not sure what is causing it. The one thing I did\do have a problem with in R11 is voice dialling, when you call someone from that, instead of putting their number, it says "Unknown" even though you're ringing a known number. Also had problems with the boxes on the call log, but will see if both of these still happen in R12.

Otherwise I've had no crashes, all apps work, not jittery, brilliant on R11.

EDIT: R12 looking good, thanks Paul!

Edited by Lloydy

Paul, the SMS reject option still doesn't seem to be working - did you do anything with it or it just disappeared in the middle of this long thread? Moreover, since I like the ZTE Smart Dialer and don't care for Facebook and Twitter stuff, I deselected the stock contacts to have the ZTE smart dialer and I am getting FCs when trying to access the dialer :P (android.process.acore)

Thanks for your work anyway!

Edited by Viruss

Guest heardby

Thanks for all your continued hard work on this Paul.

For info - I've also deselected the stock dialer option in favour of the ZTE and it FCs. I didn't wipe between r11 and r12. I have now installed dialer one which seems to work fine.

Hope you have nice time away :P

Guest hecatae
R12 Installed, still have issue with Caller ID when receiving calls =/

it's a minor release, pretty much just an apps updated and smaller and faster.

MCR r11 is the only blade custom rom to crash on me, I'm now using FLB r8a

Guest targetbsp

CallerID works for me. I upgraded from a Modaco R11 though which was my first Modaco version and so would have received a wipe at that point.

I don't know what it is about this rom but the ui just feels smoother than the rest - even when the rest are overclocked.

I left R11 to try out JJ and later FLB because I had issues with R11 reconnecting my wifi. There are no wifi related fixes listed in the what's new but I thought I'd try 12 anyway! No wifi issues yet but the problem was intermittent so...

One benefit I have noted with this rom (as well as the smooth ui) is apps which need super user just seem to work! In JJ and Flb I frequently have such apps hanging on startup and with both autostarts is an absolute nightmare as it seems to bring up modal dialog boxes without actually putting them on top!

I've not had this with R12 and I don't remember autostarts having problems in R11 either. I can't recall if superuser apps had an issue in Modaco rom before and whether this again is just an intermittent issue I haven't encountered.

In short... no current issues for me and I like it as long as my wifi behaves!

Guest targetbsp

Of course, in a perfect world, this would have overclocking too. I remember people asking in the past about it and you stating you;re not personally interested in overclocking but would add it if someone pointed you to the source?

Well here it is, thanks to Kallt Kaffe: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/328...0/#entry1549447

And thanks to Flibblesan for finding it :P http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1591585

These are two bugs that I know of in R11:

- When using the ZTE Smart Dialer, the call log shows black boxes instead of arrows for expanding the list when there are more than two incoming/outgoing calls from the same person. (+ the smartdialer FCs on R12)

- The "Send SMS to reject call" button doesn't work as expected - it rejects the call, but the sms is not sent.

I didn't have any other problems with R11 I think. I will try to look some pages back in this thread and try to find what others were complaining about.

Guest Totyasrác
These are two bugs that I know of in R11:

- When using the ZTE Smart Dialer, the call log shows black boxes instead of arrows for expanding the list when there are more than two incoming/outgoing calls from the same person. (+ the smartdialer FCs on R12)

- The "Send SMS to reject call" button doesn't work as expected - it rejects the call, but the sms is not sent.

I didn't have any other problems with R11 I think. I will try to look some pages back in this thread and try to find what others were complaining about.

Exactly the same issues - otherwise no problem (well, a bit of speed would come handy if it can be reached WITHOUT overclocking). Well, and battery life could be a bit better... :P

Guest Nick Rhodes

Interestingly R12 has not killed my mobile connection when WiFi connects like with R11 (which did it about every 3 or 4 sleeps) when coming out of sleep

CallerID problem in R12, it show the incoming number but do not show the name of the caller which i have store it in my contact! anyone helps?

p/s : i did try re-wipe it, but no luck at all

Guest Nick Rhodes
CallerID problem in R12, it show the incoming number but do not show the name of the caller which i have store it in my contact! anyone helps?

p/s : i did try re-wipe it, but no luck at all

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...lutions-centre/

Requires updating the database.

The other option is to go back to an older version and upgrade, which is what I have done.

Just installed a custom bake of R12 and not sure if I unticked it but I've got no dialler! I didn't wipe as I had R11 before, but I'll bake another, making sure I have a dialer selected.

I had the Facebook/contact dialer bug with R11, so I was probably using the ZTE app. Out of interest... which is which? One had a blue icon, the other green.

Edit Turns out there's no default dialler included in r12, at least not one I could see. No bother though, I just installed Dialer One from the Market - happy days :P

Edited by joff01

Guest scream_h

I use r11 and when i edit a contact were you can press "more" to see more options there i android smileys instead of the arrows, why?

I used r3 before this and then i saw my friends google talk status with a dot next to their name in contacts. Anyone know how to get it like that again?

Edited by scream_h

Guest burstlam

The ZTE SMARTDIALER will cause FC.

same experience on FLB R8A

try out different custom bake.

wither with gingerbreadtheme or not

is it something related with AOSP LIB? or Framework-res.apk?

Bookmarked this Froyo kitchen ages ago, waiting for the right moment to get a subscription and start baking. r12 was the trigger. Installed it and it works like a charm (for now)! Thanks Paul and everyone involved for the amazing work! :P

Quick question though, Titanium Backup seems to have some issues launching. It keeps saying "Asking for root rights..." but doesn't do anything. What can I do?

Edited by Hisui