[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest abc150781
Give the man a medal! Thanks!

I have install the "CallerIDFix.zip" by using the Clockwork. But nothing happens.

When i make an outgoning call i only see the number an not the contact. The same when i get an incoming call.

What i have to do?

Best Regards.

Patrick

Yeah, I guess I'm having that caller ID issue as well, only number showed up when someone called me earlier today. Flashed the fix now, but I have to wait until someone calls me to see if it works... :P

Guest abc150781
Yeah, I guess I'm having that caller ID issue as well, only number showed up when someone called me earlier today. Flashed the fix now, but I have to wait until someone calls me to see if it works... :P

Who did you install the Fix? And witch Fix you have install?

Two options for fixing the CallerID.

1) replace the original in the ROM with this replacement ContactsProvider.apk ContactsProvider.zip then wipe your phone and install the ROM again

2) Download this update and flash to your phone. CallerIDFix.zip It will replace ContactsProvider with a fixed version and attempt to update your existing contact database sql with the correct value needed to display caller ID.

Problem: Phone.apk expects to see a specific value in the contact database in order to link an incoming number with a contact name. The original ContactsProvider doesn't set up the database with this ID so phone cannot link. The fix is to patch contactsprovider to set the correct ID in the database. This is a ZTE quirk since we are using the original Phone.apk from the ZTE roms. Using the AOSP phone.apk isn't possible unless we can rebuild the ril libs.

Fix: Patched the code in ContactsProvider to pass the correct variable and also set the contacts database correctly.

The fixed ContactsProvider was compiled myself from Android 2.2.2r1 with full support for third party contact synchronization and a fix for the caller ID issue. Paul is welcome to add this to his rom.

Cheers dude, i'll drop that in now.

P

Who did you install the Fix? And witch Fix you have install?

Used ClockworkMod to install flibblesan's second link.

2) Download this update and flash to your phone. CallerIDFix.zip It will replace ContactsProvider with a fixed version and attempt to update your existing contact database sql with the correct value needed to display caller ID.

Guest targetbsp

Does this rom just have the stock sms app? When I flashed on Frankish circle battery theme the sms app turned white and there was no option to make it black (that I could see!).

I ended up flashing this one on for the option to make it black again, fix my mms size and fix the recipient bug: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

Guest Simon O

The callerID fix only attempts to fix your database to show the caller ID along with the replacement ContactsProvider.

I have another fix which I produced for my ROM which will replace the file and wipe the contacts database. This will mean you will lost your contacts and will have to sync them to your phone again. On the first boot after using this update the contacts database will be created with the correct IDs.

ContactDBfix2.zip

Once you've used any of the fixes you won't need to use them again unless you use an older version of the rom with the bug present.

Guest Simon O
Does this rom just have the stock sms app? When I flashed on Frankish circle battery theme the sms app turned white and there was no option to make it black (that I could see!).

I ended up flashing this one on for the option to make it black again, fix my mms size and fix the recipient bug: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

Would make sense to add this to MCR as the bug fixes are pretty important.

Guest HELLienadO
Quick question though, Titanium Backup seems to have some issues launching. It keeps saying "Asking for root rights..." but doesn't do anything. What can I do?

I have the same issue sometimes, kill Titanium Backup with app manager for example and run titanium again, it will run as it should then.

Guest targetbsp

Oddly, I've had that problem with Jellfish and Flb with Titanium and other root apps but not once in R12. I'm gonna put Flb back on later and try Samjams suggesting a couple of pages back to clear the data for the super user app.

Guest scream_h

When i used r3 and dialed a number it would predict numbers as you were typing from the call log, it no longer do that in r11. Was there another dialer in r3? Used kitchen and selected stock dialer.

Guest Simon O
When i used r3 and dialed a number it would predict numbers as you were typing from the call log, it no longer do that in r11. Was there another dialer in r3? Used kitchen and selected stock dialer.

It's a feature of the original dialer and contact apps.

Guest ypselon
Two options for fixing the CallerID.

(...)

(...)

Just used option 2. In missed calls the ID links with the contacts list however during the call still not showing that contact, only the number... probably will re-install the rom

EDIT: installed ContactDBfix2.zip, re-sincronized the contacts again, problem solved :P

Many thanx to Both of you, Paul for and excellent work on this rom and flibblesan for this fix

Edited by ypselon

Guest nighty228
The callerID fix only attempts to fix your database to show the caller ID along with the replacement ContactsProvider.

I have another fix which I produced for my ROM which will replace the file and wipe the contacts database. This will mean you will lost your contacts and will have to sync them to your phone again. On the first boot after using this update the contacts database will be created with the correct IDs.

ContactDBfix2.zip

Once you've used any of the fixes you won't need to use them again unless you use an older version of the rom with the bug present.

stupid question, but how do i apply this fix?

Guest targetbsp
I'm connecting to the access point in my house, and all works fine. Wifi disconnects when I put the phone to sleep, and most of the time, reconnects when I wake up the phone. However, about 1 in 10 times, the wifi doesn't reconnect. If I look in Settings -> WLAN Settings -> WLAN networks, then my access point shows as 'Disabled, secure with WPA/WPS2 PSK'.

If I click on it, then it reconnects fine, and will continue to reconnect most of the time.

I've had this a couple of times in R12 today. :P It doesn't seem to do this with other roms.

[edit]

I lied - it's done this a few times in Flb R8a too so not a fault with this specific rom.

Edited by targetbsp

ahh wicked, cheers!

anyone? Do I still need to apply this other fix if I used the refresh r12 which has some kind of fibblesan contacts fix in? (It's all too complicated for me - I'm sticking with R11 till I know what's what)