[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

The callerID fix only attempts to fix your database to show the caller ID along with the replacement ContactsProvider.

I have another fix which I produced for my ROM which will replace the file and wipe the contacts database. This will mean you will lost your contacts and will have to sync them to your phone again. On the first boot after using this update the contacts database will be created with the correct IDs.

ContactDBfix2.zip

Once you've used any of the fixes you won't need to use them again unless you use an older version of the rom with the bug present.

I tried this and as you said, my contacts are all gone but I can't seem to import them back again. It just goes through all of the contacts in the .vcf file but doesn't save anything. Any way to convert that .vcf into something that can be read by the phone now?

Fixed, I guess. In display options my Google contacts were unticked, so I guess that my phone managed to read my .vcf file alright, but contacts were filtered out in the view. Now to hope everything is fixed now :P

Edited by Hisui

Guest scream_h
Does anyone else have weird looking android faces instead of arrow up/down in the call log for multiple calls to the same number?

Same here on r11. Theres also android faces when you edit a contact next to the "more" button.

Guest targetbsp
anyone? Do I still need to apply this other fix if I used the refresh r12 which has some kind of fibblesan contacts fix in? (It's all too complicated for me - I'm sticking with R11 till I know what's what)

I just upgraded from a working 11 to 12 (before it had any fixes) and it still all worked.

anyone? Do I still need to apply this other fix if I used the refresh r12 which has some kind of fibblesan contacts fix in? (It's all too complicated for me - I'm sticking with R11 till I know what's what)

I believe that you no longer need to apply the fix if u installed the refresh r12. :P

I believe that you no longer need to apply the fix if u installed the refresh r12. :P

Can this be clarified at all, just so i know whether i need to flash the fix that fibblesan posted on top of r12.

thanks!

Guest limawhiskey

Just installed r12 - looking great so far.

On first install, even though I wiped, I did get loads of FC errors as soon as the phone turned on, "The application HTC_IME mod (process jonasl.ime) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

After following the advice in Something has gone horribly wrong! (format system), it worked just fine the next time I applied the ROM.

That doesn't sound right.

I've found out the problem - I was being an idiot! :P The dialler in r12 is "Phone"...

Oddly though I still can't join my contacts with Facebook. I've now got the "Join Contacts" option from Contacts > "contact name" > Edit Contact, but it doesn't progress any further and doesn't show any Facebook suggestions.

The only bug in r11 that bothered me (and only slightly) was the missing icons in the dialler, so I've just upgraded to r12 but decided to go back to the stock dialler so that I could use the fixed Facebook contacts syncing.

All working well for me (no wipe coming from r11). I did use the smartdialler quite a lot in r11 though so I decided to install DialerOne from the market (https://market.android.com/details?id=kz.mek.DialerOne). Don't know why I didn't do this sooner - it has the smart dialling feature of the ZTE Dialler but lots of other handy features too. Did it ever bug you that if you typed a number into the ZTE dialler, you couldn't then create a new contact from it without actually dialling the number first then hanging up and then selecting the number in the call log? Well that's dead easy in DialerOne and there's lots of other nice tweaks too. Definitely worth checking out if you want the default contacts app for facebook syncing but don't want to be without a smart dialler.

Thanks for the updates!

Edited by tdroza

Oddly though I still can't join my contacts with Facebook. I've now got the "Join Contacts" option from Contacts > "contact name" > Edit Contact, but it doesn't progress any further and doesn't show any Facebook suggestions.

Scrap that, I re-added my FB account profile and did a sync and voila! All mugshots are back :P

I'm now finding that the battery's taking forever to charge on USB, trickles about 1% every couple of hours. Battery health appears to be fine too, tried resetting battery stats, letting it fully discharge and then recharging to full - and then some.

Any ideas?

Still getting a problem with the last.fm app

artist name and cover art not refreshing; it's related to the chinese roms only AFAIK.

Any support?

Fixes itself when you reopen from notification bar - next song loads cover.

Guest ezablade
Still getting a problem with the last.fm app

artist name and cover art not refreshing; it's related to the chinese roms only AFAIK.

Any support?

I had this on r4, so it's not new. As Last FM are about to start charging, I uninstalled it, as I rarely use it.

Guest ritterkeks

@paul - thank you for making the r12 available as pre-built

to all the others who have or had problems with gps.

the first time i couldnt get a gps fix either, in fact, when gps should be active, the icon wouldn't even show up in the status bar.

however, I had flashed the gingerbread thin blue circle - theme...

really nice theme, and also nice to have the new homescreen-menu.

well, i did a factory reset then, wiped everything within clockwork and installed the ROM again,

é voila, now gps is working (took a little long to get a fix though, but that seems ok on the first start)

if i would just remember where the thread with the agps mod for the gps.conf file was...

Guest ReflexReaction

Hi all,

loving v12 but have one massive issue with it - the keyboard really isn't to my liking and I want to revert to the stock / basic keyboard. however, I cannot find how to do this.

Can anyone shed any light?

i.e. when I go to market, the keyboard isn't qwerty but a numberpad, where i press 1 three times for the letter C. Also, it's a smaller keyboard in general when writing texts...

It's starting to make me think some kind of theme is applied, which may be removed?

FINALLY (sorry!), how do I add more buttons along the bottom? I do not use the internet so would rather have phone and messages at bottom!

Please help!

Thanks!

Edited by ReflexReaction

Guest bluntslide
Hi all,

loving v12 but have one massive issue with it - the keyboard really isn't to my liking and I want to revert to the stock / basic keyboard. however, I cannot find how to do this.

Can anyone shed any light?

i.e. when I go to market, the keyboard isn't qwerty but a numberpad, where i press 1 three times for the letter C. Also, it's a smaller keyboard in general when writing texts...

It's starting to make me think some kind of theme is applied, which may be removed?

FINALLY (sorry!), how do I add more buttons along the bottom? I do not use the internet so would rather have phone and messages at bottom!

Please help!

Thanks!

just swipe along the keyboard from one side to another, it should then change from numbers to qwerty.

sorry just noticed you wanted to change it too, press and hold in a text box then choose keyboard for input.

Edited by bluntslide

Guest drcyber

I installed the Fixed r12 Ysterday in the evening , the caller ID-Bug is fixed now, but today i noticed, that there is no exchange calendar, allthough i activatet this calendar to sync.

is there any workaroud to get the Exchange Calendar visible?

thanks

Guest abc150781
The callerID fix only attempts to fix your database to show the caller ID along with the replacement ContactsProvider.

I have another fix which I produced for my ROM which will replace the file and wipe the contacts database. This will mean you will lost your contacts and will have to sync them to your phone again. On the first boot after using this update the contacts database will be created with the correct IDs.

ContactDBfix2.zip

Once you've used any of the fixes you won't need to use them again unless you use an older version of the rom with the bug present.

Thanks! Now it works!

Guest rickyxt

If I untick 'Contacts' in the kitchen to use the ZTE smart dialer I get a Force Close when trying to open the dialer after installing the ROM. I did a factory/data reset before installing and also tried to format /system using Clockwork as suggested in this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...horribly-wrong/.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

First of all thanks for the prebake Paul, but I have a problem my quadrant scores dropped from 900+ to 700 and the rom feels a bit slow. Does anybody know a solution?