[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

Thanks for your ongoing support everyone!

P

Guest Frankish
Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

P

The cheek of it. How dare you have a life outside of Modaco!

P

Enjoy!

Guest SqueakyG

Hi,

I'm still quite new to this. I've been using JJ9 as my first and only flashed ROM, but with the release of Paul's r12 I'm going to try it!

One question: I very much like the circle battery indicator for Japanese Jellyfish. Will it work for this ROM? Or is there something about the way it works that makes it only work for the JJ ROM? How else might I get the circle battery indicator working for this ROM?

I've just been looking at the http://circle.glx.nl/ kitchen, but it's quite complicated for me to understand. If I get a battery indicator mod cooked there, will it work in Paul's r12? Are there any things I need to be aware of?

Guest SqueakyG
Use a theme with one already added. :P

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...y-works-on-r11/

I'm using Gingerbread battery circle no problem on R12.

Is it possible to flash one of the circle battery mods in that thread without using any of the full themes? Or does, for example, "Blue Gingerbread circle mod" have to go with the blue Gingerbread theme?

I don't want a new theme - I want to keep a white notification bar. I just want the battery indicator to have a percentage in it.

Edit: The links in that thread aren't working anyway.

Edit: I keep getting a SHTF error on the http://circle.glx.nl/ website when I try to cook a circle battery mod with the r12 framework-res.apk. I'm having absolutely no luck at anything.

Edited by SqueakyG

Hello all,

First thanks for the amzing job! Not that i've tried but this rom seems real good! Especially that i'm getting tired of flashing 2.1 roms..

I've downloaded r12 prebaked but i guess A2SD isn't included, as i have a 512Mb partition, how can i install A2SD? I've made a search into this thread but i only found how to install the Frankish-fix, but if i have nothing to fix... :P

No need to

Fiy: i've a french Bouygues OLED ZTE Blade rooted/CWM 2.5.1.8/512MB partition made with 512MB/0MB cache partition.

Thanks in advance

ju

Guest Frankish
Is it possible to remove WaveSecure from the prebake? Why was this included?

Just delete it from the roms zip file before flashing. You can do this with most apps...but be careful.

Guest Stryke69

Am I the only one having problems to install Angry Birds on r12? I was on r7 before, so I backed up all my apps with Titanium. On r12 I was able to reinstall all my apps, except Angry Birds. I even can't install it from the market anymore ("Unknow reason - 18"). Any solutions?

I just installed with the default settings, didn't like all the stuff the rom came with, spent 10 quid to get a subscription and did the kitchen sink thingy.

Only thing is, it's still installing like default.

Is there anything I need to do to format to take that other stuff off? (like mcafee) I know I could do it after installing but I'd prefer a nice clean image to start out with...

Guest targetbsp

A new rom won't keep your previous system apps. The second rom must have failed to be put on correctly or you accidentally flashed the previous rom a second time rather than your new download or something.

Edited by targetbsp

I thought the same thing, so I downloaded it to a seperate folder than usual, placed it in a seperate folder on the sd card from everything else and installed, still seemingly installing with defaults? :S

I'll try again though, can't hurt!

Edited by cacoe

OK, same procedure, downloaded the kitchen sink version to yet a different folder, deleted all other possible roms on my sd card, installed the new rom and it's got all the stock apps installed with it...

Edited by cacoe

Guest Flumpster

Are you just going into clockwork mod and installing the rom or are you doing the factory reset and clean cache settings in clockwork first.

It sounds like you are just installing a rom over what you have there already instead of wiping it first.

I'm definitely doing the factory reset and cleaning cache.

My SD card is littered by stuff which has been generated by apps, will clearing that help, with just the image to install? (I really need to brush up on the file structure and such on android devices)

After doing factory reset and clean cache settings via clockwork then restarting (even without flashing with a new rom), my blade still boots up as normal. Shouldn't the OS be cleared at this point?

Edited by cacoe

Guest targetbsp

Just to check, you are aware that even clean, Android does still have plenty of apps? Gmail, music player, calendar, browser and all that stuff? Just making sure that's not the kind of stuff you're expecting to have gone from the rom.

Edited by targetbsp

Just to check, you are aware that even clean, Android does still have plenty of apps? Gmail, music player, calendar, browser and all that stuff?

Yes, but when disabling many of the options with the kitchen sink tool, they're still there when I do a fresh install.

Guest SqueakyG
Yes, but when disabling many of the options with the kitchen sink tool, they're still there when I do a fresh install.

Browse the zip file on your computer before you install it. Look into its System/app folder. Look at all the apk files listed there. Does this folder include any apps you chose NOT to include in the bake? This will tell you whether the kitchen really is baking your ROM with things you didn't ask for, or whether something is happening strangely when you install.

Personally I can only go with the prebake because I haven't paid. It seems to contain nearly everything that can be chosen in the kitchen, but it's all stuff I would expect - and want - to find in an Android build.

Edited by SqueakyG