[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey there. I've installed this r12 on my Base Lutea aka ZTE Blade. I have now the problem that my GPS wont work. Not able to find my location and the navigation doesn't work too. What happened? I loadet the normal Rom. not the Kitchen one.

Browse the zip file on your computer before you install it. Look into its System/app folder. Look at all the apk files listed there. Does this folder include any apps you chose NOT to include in the bake? This will tell you whether the kitchen really is baking your ROM with things you didn't ask for, or whether something is happening strangely when you install.

Personally I can only go with the prebake because I haven't paid. It seems to contain nearly everything that can be chosen in the kitchen, but it's all stuff I would expect - and want - to find in an Android build.

They're not in there.

So obviously either I'm doing something wrong or something has gone wrong.

Considering I'm (as far as I know) doing what I need to do, using the right rom file, clearing system cache and doing a restore, then flashing the rom, what can be causing this?

a side note - I added a custom zip file to the kitchen install which does seem to work, a theme. So I have the custom theme working, yet the apps which I disabled still seem to be intact after installing the new rom+clear cache+reset

Edited by cacoe

Guest HELLienadO
I'm definitely doing the factory reset and cleaning cache.

My SD card is littered by stuff which has been generated by apps, will clearing that help, with just the image to install? (I really need to brush up on the file structure and such on android devices)

After doing factory reset and clean cache settings via clockwork then restarting (even without flashing with a new rom), my blade still boots up as normal. Shouldn't the OS be cleared at this point?

When you refer "doing the factory reset" you mean wiping the data/factory reset under the recovery? because wiping it and reseting it are two different things.

Edited by HELLienadO

Sorry for being unclear, I do mean specifically in clockwork.

Could the format options in there help? Which partition would be good to go? I'm guessing not the boot partition, assuming that clockwork is probably on there?

Guest HELLienadO
Sorry for being unclear, I do mean specifically in clockwork.

Could the format options in there help? Which partition would be good to go? I'm guessing not the boot partition, assuming that clockwork is probably on there?

I've never touched on those fromat settings, I just wipe everything and install the rom and I get everything as I baked, I haven't tried r12 still though...

Guest targetbsp

I've got a baked R12 I put on top of an R11 without any kind of wiping and it contains exactly what I asked for. Check the md5 of the rom on the sd card matches the one you've confirmed as not containing the extra apps to ensure the correct rom has gone on the sd card maybe?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Shadey1

I'm finding the kitchen is baking with stuff I didn't want, wavesecure for instance. I've checked the zip and it's got them depsite me unticking them. 2 bakes and it's still in there.

Edited by Shadey1

Hey there. I've installed this r12 on my Base Lutea aka ZTE Blade. I have now the problem that my GPS wont work. Not able to find my location and the navigation doesn't work too. What happened? I loadet the normal Rom. not the Kitchen one.

No one an idea what the issue might be?

Guest Rotmann
Hello all,

First thanks for the amzing job! Not that i've tried but this rom seems real good! Especially that i'm getting tired of flashing 2.1 roms..

I've downloaded r12 prebaked but i guess A2SD isn't included, as i have a 512Mb partition, how can i install A2SD? I've made a search into this thread but i only found how to install the Frankish-fix, but if i have nothing to fix... :P

No need to

Fiy: i've a french Bouygues OLED ZTE Blade rooted/CWM 2.5.1.8/512MB partition made with 512MB/0MB cache partition.

Thanks in advance

ju

Format the whole SD as FAT32 and use move2sd enabler from market.

Did you wipe before flashing?

Guest SqueakyG

Hmm. I've gone for the prebake, my first time with this ROM. I thank Paul so much for all the hard work.

But this McAfee WaveSecure is a nasty little bugger! It starts up in the notification area every time the phone boots up, and won't be dismissed until you've loaded it up. Then it wants me to input my phone number... why? I have not been told what the hell this app does, and I do not wish to proceed with giving it my phone number. But there are absolutely no menu options at this point (I would choose "Never load up again, ever" if there were menu options). This is unacceptable.

Titanium backup can't remove this app by any method - "For security reasons, Titanium Backup will not uninstall this app." I couldn't even delete it from the ZIP before flashing, because I can't find the apk I'm looking for. I am learning that the whole point of this app is that it prevents itself from being uninstalled... that's great if I chose it... but it's spoiling my experience and I wish it gone.

I suppose this is the price for not paying, but I'm quite shocked this wasn't mentioned in post #1. It may be a dealbreaker for me. With Jellyfish and FLB completely free - and also purer and cleaner 2.2 - why would I keep this ROM? Disappointed.

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest El Nino9
Hmm. I've gone for the prebake, my first time with this ROM. I thank Paul so much for all the hard work.

But this McAfee WaveSecure is a nasty little bugger! It starts up in the notification area every time the phone boots up, and won't be dismissed until you've loaded it up. Then it wants me to input my phone number... why? I have not been told what the hell this app does, and I do not wish to proceed with giving it my phone number. But there are absolutely no menu options at this point (I would choose "Never load up again, ever" if there were menu options). This is unacceptable.

Titanium backup can't remove this app by any method - "For security reasons, Titanium Backup will not uninstall this app." I couldn't even delete it from the ZIP before flashing, because I can't find the apk I'm looking for. I am learning that the whole point of this app is that it prevents itself from being uninstalled... that's great if I chose it... but it's spoiling my experience and I wish it gone.

I suppose this is the price for not paying, but I'm quite shocked this wasn't mentioned in post #1. It may be a dealbreaker for me. With Jellyfish and FLB completely free - and also purer and cleaner 2.2 - why would I keep this ROM? Disappointed.

wave secure is a security program that will lock you're phone remotely and you can also relocate it or something along those lines. google it mate :P seriously hahahaha

but as im nice... you can remove it from the update.zip file before you installed it. it comes as wsandroid or something like that.... look through the list. it might start with com.ws

but i know it has ws in there somewhere in the system/app/ folder

and you can delete it if you know what you're looking for :D i think you're just scared you might delete something that your phone uses.. it wont be the end of the world...

Guest limawhiskey
I don't want a new theme - I want to keep a white notification bar. I just want the battery indicator to have a percentage in it.
R12 has a black notification bar by default.

Edit: The links in that thread aren't working anyway.
You want the new Unified Theme Thread.

Guest SqueakyG
wave secure is a security program that will lock you're phone remotely and you can also relocate it or something along those lines. google it mate :D seriously hahahaha

but as im nice... you can remove it from the update.zip file before you installed it. it comes as wsandroid or something like that.... look through the list. it might start with com.ws

Thank you, that did the trick. Reflashed the ROM with a few choice apps taken out of the ZIP. It hasn't appeared this time.

I might have liked and wanted the McAfee software if I knew what it was for. But as it stands, this thread didn't mention the inclusion of a trial app that nags in the notification bar and has no way of being removed once installed. It's a bit tricksy.

With this little issue sorted out, I think I was a bit too harsh on the ROM! I'll play with it for a few days and see if I like it :P

Edited by SqueakyG

Format the whole SD as FAT32 and use move2sd enabler from market.

Hi Rottman,

Thx for your reply, but does this mean that outside a rom flash it isn't possible to install a2sd which may use my ext 512MB and i can only use Move2sd enabler which seems to be a "super app2sd"?

thanks in advance

ju

is this works on Vodafone 945-zte joe? i applied but the phone doesn't start i think i bricked my phone. i have a backup but it also doesn't start. i flashed r12. what can i do at this stage? there is a sand clock on the screen nothing happens. i can reach recovery mode. please somebody give me advice

Guest reldavidson

Thanks Paul again for the ROM, however, I have the following issues with R12 pre-bake (I did a full wipe before etc):

- Unable to import my SIM contacts to the phone (have also tried Contact2Sim); had no problems in MDC 2.1 R4 (think jap Jelly also has this issue)

- Green Bar at the top of all videos, again not present in 2.1

Except for the issues above a great release; much fater than old custom 2.1

Edited by reldavidson

Guest Flumpster

Installed on 2 phones and both worked on first setup but then are failing logging into google talk after so long. It just sits on signing in for ages then gives authentication failed. Tried using talk.apk from r11 (which I never had this problem with) and exactly the same thing.

The odd thing is when this happens if you reboot the phone using the reboot option it remains broke. If you shut the phone down fully and reboot it will work again for so long and then break again.

any ideas?

Guest travellerscross
Thanks Paul again for the ROM, however, I have the following issues with R12 pre-bake (I did a full wipe before etc):

- Unable to import my SIM contacts to the phone (have also tried Contact2Sim); had no problems in MDC 2.1 R4 (think jap Jelly also has this issue)

Except for the issues above a great release; much fater than old custom 2.1

There is definitely an issue with this in JapJelly... However I have found out on JapJelly how to sort this problem out only half an hour ago.

You may have a problem after this but I will deal with that after.

Go to apps, click on contacts, click on menu, then click on import/export, then click on import from sim card. Then when it’s read the sim, click on menu key and then click on import all!.

That's the only way I can get the contacts to appear in the native dialer and then the Dialer one.

Now if you are dealing with dialer one - when the contact list appears, you will probably find replications of your contact list. In my case it repeated each name 4 times. This makes sense, cause I was trying to get the contacts list imported on the phone pad that comes with Jellyfish. (3 times that way before the 4th time by the contacts app)

You can press on the contact list again in Dialer one and it will show you each name only once. However you will always have to keep on doing this as the Dialer one when you use it will keep on showing the multiple names if that makes sense.

The only way I can figure this out is by wiping all the date and reinstalling your rom again and going through the contacts app only and import the contacts once only for it to appear once on dialer one.. Which is a pain, but that is the only way to do it. Is by using the contact apps to get your contact list to appear.

If anyone knows how to remove the names that repeat itself would be appreciated... Hope this helps and makes sense?

Edited by travellerscross

Guest SqueakyG

I just noticed this too. This is because Stagefright is enabled, which is a bit broken at rendering H.264 video on these 2.2 Froyo ROMs. The build.prop settings in this ROM look like this:

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

This keeps Stagefright disabled for streaming video like Youtube where most people have the green bar problem, whilst keeping it enabled for all other video playback, which usually works fine. Unfortunately for some reason I'm getting the green bar in video playback with this ROM :P

The solution is to edit build.prop and set the Stagefright values to "false".

Guest reldavidson
Go to apps, click on contacts, click on menu, then click on import/export, then click on import from sim card. Then when it’s read the sim, click on menu key and then click on import all!.

Thanks, I am trying that as its my usual way of importing the contacts, however, it still comes up with "no contacts on your SIM card" ont he next screen where you go to select, very strange as also doesnt work on contacts2sim.

I just noticed this too. This is because Stagefright is enabled, which is a bit broken at rendering H.264 video on these 2.2 Froyo ROMs. The build.prop settings in this ROM look like this:

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

This keeps Stagefright disabled for streaming video like Youtube where most people have the green bar problem, whilst keeping it enabled for all other video playback, which usually works fine. Unfortunately for some reason I'm getting the green bar in video playback with this ROM :P

The solution is to edit build.prop and set the Stagefright values to "false".

Interesting, I might leave it alone as the youtube videos are fine and I dont have that many h264 on the device.

Guest confector
wave secure is a security program that will lock you're phone remotely and you can also relocate it or something along those lines. google it mate :D seriously hahahaha

but i know it has ws in there somewhere in the system/app/ folder

and you can delete it if you know what you're looking for :huh: i think you're just scared you might delete something that your phone uses.. it wont be the end of the world...

i deletet /system/app/com.wsandrioid.apk and repacked the zip file, but clockworkmod recovery (2.5.1.8) fails after "opening update package.. Installing update.." without any error. Just quits to clockworkmod homescreen. Any Ideas? Want to get rid of wavesecure..

Awesome rom btw. Only to much stuff in the prebake :P but its free! so nevermind

€dit: Ok, uninstalled it using ES File Explorer: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.e...ngs.android.pop (enable root etc in settings)

Edited by confector

Guest travellerscross
Thanks, I am trying that as its my usual way of importing the contacts, however, it still comes up with "no contacts on your SIM card" ont he next screen where you go to select, very strange as also doesnt work on contacts2sim.

That's odd, cause when I tried it through the default keypad, then click on the contact tab, that was what was happening to me. It said no contacts. So when I went through to apps and clicked on Contacts. That was the only way it worked for me. Strange that... Until I did it this way I also had the same problems with other dialer apps.

Guest Flumpster

I just been out for the last few hours and this rom is totally unusable if you use google talk.

I have had to shut down my phone down 3 times in the last 2 hours to get google talk back working again.. The wife doesn't use google talk so she can live with it but exactly the same prob on hers.

Every time it fails I get the message "Google talk authentication failed" then have to cycle the whole phone to get it working again.. crazy ..