[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ezablade

Had a search bit, couldn't find an answer...

Since upgrading from r4 to r11, I am now unable to access the phonebook over Bluetooth in the car. Previously I had the option on the car computer to dial from the phonebook, the options are now greyed out after the phone connects.

Tried deleting the pairing and no luck. I got the prompt to allow the car to access the phonebook, clicked OK and ensured the remember option was ticked.

No change.

Don't really want to go back to r4, but, I need Bluetooth to work. Any ideas?

Guest requies

Hello there

New member here, new to the world of android as well

very happy with the rom apart from one problem, the vpn connection does not work is there some workaround for that?

Thank you

Guest BladeWS
The callerID fix only attempts to fix your database to show the caller ID along with the replacement ContactsProvider.

I have another fix which I produced for my ROM which will replace the file and wipe the contacts database. This will mean you will lost your contacts and will have to sync them to your phone again. On the first boot after using this update the contacts database will be created with the correct IDs.

ContactDBfix2.zip

Once you've used any of the fixes you won't need to use them again unless you use an older version of the rom with the bug present.

Thanks! :D

Edited by BladeWS

Guest tsddave

Ok im new to this and currently have r11 installed.

How would I go about adding this upgrade?

When I update it will I have to reinstall all my apps and settings blah blah again?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Guest cuttysark76

Is it possible to port your ROM's to Vodafone 945/ZTE Joe? The only difference seems to be the screen resolution (240x400) and the Camera (5MP with Flash)?

Ok im new to this and currently have r11 installed.

How would I go about adding this upgrade?

When I update it will I have to reinstall all my apps and settings blah blah again?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

No, just flash over and all settings/apps are retained.

Guest tsddave
No, just flash over and all settings/apps are retained.

Ok and many thanks for your answer.

Just to be sure here, I will use clockwork to apply this r12 update, which option do I select in that menu?

would it be 1) apply sdcard;update.zip

or 2)install zip from sdcard?

Guest Duff166

I've got a problem with r12... i've installed it and install was fine, but on homescreen my top bar (with the battery icon and so) is black and that looks a bit strange.. any idea to change the color?

thx

Guest zillfish

hi, I've flashed a couple of roms but I've only managed that because you clever folks give such good instructions. Can you tell me please, if I'm using JJ rls9, and want to flash the r12, do I need to wipe data/cache?

sorry if the info is there and I've missed it, but the thread is pretty big, and I haven't found it.

thanks in anticipation

Ok and many thanks for your answer.

Just to be sure here, I will use clockwork to apply this r12 update, which option do I select in that menu?

would it be 1) apply sdcard;update.zip

or 2)install zip from sdcard?

Install zip from sdcard --> then choose file. Done.

hi, I've flashed a couple of roms but I've only managed that because you clever folks give such good instructions. Can you tell me please, if I'm using JJ rls9, and want to flash the r12, do I need to wipe data/cache?

sorry if the info is there and I've missed it, but the thread is pretty big, and I haven't found it.

thanks in anticipation

Definitely wipe data and cache.

Guest Junior Bear
just installed r12

contacts are randomly duplicated though, is this an issue with r12 or am i missing something? (ive been through the contaccts display options but i cant see anything)

Anyone?

Guest Camacha

Not sure this was mentioned before, but when I hold down the power button with R12 and I choose the Reboot option, nothing seems to happen except for a blurred menu to appear in the backgroud, also with reboot on it. After that I can't seem to do anything with any button or with the screen, only pulling the battery from the phone seems to help.

It's a small nuisance and not a big problem if you're aware of it, but I thought I'd mention it. Maybe it can be fixed or the option removed alltogether :D

Guest solarwallin

Hi, any idea how to remove the mcafee wave security? i already tried to deactivate device administratos option at settings but still i cant enable the uninstall buttom to remove it. Mcafee starts every time i open my phone !

edit* It was on the rom i didnt install it

Edited by solarwallin

Hi, any idea how to remove the mcafee wave security? i already tried to deactivate device administratos option at settings but still i cant enable the uninstall buttom to remove it. Mcafee starts every time i open my phone !

edit* It was on the rom i didnt install it

If you have a file explorer in your phone (Astro File Manager or Root Explorer) delete the file that begins com.wavesecure in systems/apps/. If you don't, open the R12 zip file with your computer and remove the same file in the same directory and reflash to your phone. No need to wipe data/cache. Reboot phone and you're done.

Anyone?

If your contacts are synced via gmail best login to gmail -> contacts delete duplicates entry there. There's a clever option in gmail contacts to show you all duplicate entries and an option to combine them. Google it for more info.

Edited by lixcab

If you have a file explorer in your phone (Astro File Manager or Root Explorer) delete the file that begins com.wavesecure in systems/apps/. If you don't, open the R12 zip file with your computer and remove the same file in the same directory and reflash to your phone. No need to wipe data/cache. Reboot phone and you're done.

Negative on the file explorer option, I tried that and it isn't allowed as wavesecure is a base system file. Reflashing (I baked r12 unticking the wavesecure box) with a rom without it is the only option as far as I can see.

Negative on the file explorer option, I tried that and it isn't allowed as wavesecure is a base system file. Reflashing (I baked r12 unticking the wavesecure box) with a rom without it is the only option as far as I can see.

From a terminal session (on your phone):

su

rm /system/app/com.wsandroid-1.apk

That should do it!

Guest solarwallin
From a terminal session (on your phone):

su

That should do it!

It says to me: rm failed "...." Read only file system

For file explorer option, you'll need to use an app that will let you change permission to Read/Write. Default permission would be in read only and won't let you delete any file in the folder.

Edited by lixcab

Do this instead:

1. Move your ROM (zip file) back in your pc

2. Open with your zip program and delete the file above

3. Close zip, load to your phone SD card and flash to your SF again. No need to wipe.

Sorry, it should be:

su

mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

Give that a go