[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tsddave
Not sure this was mentioned before, but when I hold down the power button with R12 and I choose the Reboot option, nothing seems to happen except for a blurred menu to appear in the backgroud, also with reboot on it. After that I can't seem to do anything with any button or with the screen, only pulling the battery from the phone seems to help.

It's a small nuisance and not a big problem if you're aware of it, but I thought I'd mention it. Maybe it can be fixed or the option removed alltogether :D

That isnt how it works for me.

Guest Nick Rhodes
Not sure this was mentioned before, but when I hold down the power button with R12 and I choose the Reboot option, nothing seems to happen except for a blurred menu to appear in the backgroud, also with reboot on it. After that I can't seem to do anything with any button or with the screen, only pulling the battery from the phone seems to help.

It's a small nuisance and not a big problem if you're aware of it, but I thought I'd mention it. Maybe it can be fixed or the option removed alltogether :D

I get this.

If you open reboot via the main app grid/list it works fine, so I suspect there is a bug in the way its added to the power button menu.

Cheers, Nick

Guest solarwallin
Sorry, it should be:

su

mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

rm /system/app/com.wsandroid-1.apk

Give that a go

hmmm i did this and th com.wsandroid.apk was removed, although when i reboot the phone mcafee starts again and the application is still on the app list without being able to uninstall it again!!!

hmmm i did this and th com.wsandroid.apk was removed, although when i reboot the phone mcafee starts again and the application is still on the app list without being able to uninstall it again!!!

Just do what I and did, and what other people are telling you to do. Find the apk file com.wsandroid (if I remember rightly ) in the system app folder of the Modaco Rom zip file ( on your computer ) and delete it. and then flash it again.

Edited by Guest

Guest ritterkeks

deletion through adb seems to be more direct to me...

anyway, i had to delete to differently named apks before i got rid of wavesecure...

prior to flashing i have deleted the wavesecure .apk but didn't notice com.wsandroid.apk

so @solarwallin: when in /system/app type ls and look for another .apk named mcaffee / wavesecure / etc and delete it

I've got a problem with r12... i've installed it and install was fine, but on homescreen my top bar (with the battery icon and so) is black and that looks a bit strange.. any idea to change the color?

thx

Dude, it's the gingerbread theme, don't worry it's awesome, I personally prefer gingerbread theme way more than the other one.

If you want to change it, go on this thread.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-theme-thread/

If you scroll down and download the original theme, you'll get your old theme back.

Guest juniperz
From a terminal session (on your phone)...

BTW, which app are you using for Terminal? I see a few terminal emulators, but no free Terminal.

There is SU File Manager and Terminal for £1.24.

Any free recommendations?

Guest arrediabo

Greets

Has been asked before, but no one answered.

Can't set up a VPN, PPTP, it's my first try on the MCR and I'm currently in the r12.

Is there any way around this?

Guest ezablade
Had a search bit, couldn't find an answer...

Since upgrading from r4 to r11, I am now unable to access the phonebook over Bluetooth in the car. Previously I had the option on the car computer to dial from the phonebook, the options are now greyed out after the phone connects.

Tried deleting the pairing and no luck. I got the prompt to allow the car to access the phonebook, clicked OK and ensured the remember option was ticked.

No change.

Don't really want to go back to r4, but, I need Bluetooth to work. Any ideas?

Well, in case anybody else has this problem, I've sorted it now. Took the bluetooth.apk from the r4 rom and dropped into the r11, reflashed and connected to car, phonebook working fine.

I've installed r12 with the Gingerbread theme and is it just me or is it still using the Froyo SMS notification icon in the status bar? It appears for me as a black icon on the black bar. It's still visible but looks odd. Shouldn't it be light grey??

Guest arrediabo
anyone having problems selecting the rebooting selection via the power button? The main app seems ok.

Works fine here. after keeping power button pressed, a menu appears for me to choose between boot-loader, reboot or reboot to recovery.

many thanks to Paul for such a fine rom ...

I find it very slick and stable on my SanFran, and it installed flawlessly in less than 3 minuets.

the £9.99 I spent on going to Premier membership (so as to get a custom bake) was worth every penny and more.

it always amazes me that the rom compilers do such sterling work for little or no reward,

and then also take the time out to deal with silly questions from inexperienced folk such as myself when we mess up.

Works fine here. after keeping power button pressed, a menu appears for me to choose between boot-loader, reboot or reboot to recovery.

+1 works for me too. :D

Edit: Sorry - I should probably say I'm still with R10.

Edited by lixcab

So, R12 has been out for a little while now, what is everyone's thoughts? I find it a bit slower than R11 but it does everything I need it to, I haven't found any bugs that bother me (or that I can really notice).

Good work Paul! 2.3 in the pipeline?! haha.

Guest arrediabo

My problem is still the PPTP VPN. I really need this and it seems it is not working. Been able to set it up in FLB and JJ, but i like MCR the best. Is there any way around this?

to save pressing your power buton (mechanical !) the reboot is in apps, and I have it on my homescreen

to save pressing your power buton (mechanical !) the reboot is in apps, and I have it on my homescreen

I think reboot doesn't shutdown properly. Shutdown takes a while to shutdown, but reboot doesn't seem to take any time to shutdown.

I think reboot doesn't shutdown properly. Shutdown takes a while to shutdown, but reboot doesn't seem to take any time to shutdown.
I aggree.

I like the reboot when I'm messing about though as I prefer not to use mechanical switches too often,

and only take the long press on power button to shut down completely.

also I hate to use the 3 home, menu, and back buttons on my Sanfran too often for the same reason

and do wish these could be incorporated in a launcher as a soft press.

somewhere I read that these are provided 'on screen' on the Nexus One, but I can't afford one !

Guest jasonXXx

Hmm can some body tell me why there is a vending.apk amd a market.apk in the system/app folder?

EDIT sorry wrong thread.

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest alex_oz
My problem is still the PPTP VPN. I really need this and it seems it is not working. Been able to set it up in FLB and JJ, but i like MCR the best. Is there any way around this?
I have the same problem, cannot connect to pptp vpn. In jj9 it worked.