[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

That's due to Paul editing the framework. The framework form the original dump goes through fine :P

Paul - or anyone any ideas how to get this working? so the framework can be modified to show the battery %'s?

As it is when modified all apps crash soon as you try and use them

I tried signing the framework-res.apk with Android commander, made no difference

Its not important just a nice mod me and some others like to do, or get working as its nice to see exactly how much battery is left

Just got stuck in a force close loop on first boot with the setup wizard, rebaking and trying again.

If yours does this pull the battery then restart, no need to rebake

it will start ok the 2nd time, mine did it

Edited by Lew247

Guest tonycornholio
If yours does this pull the battery then restart, no need to rebake

it will start ok the 2nd time, mine did it

Nope, done it 3 times now, and bizarrely firing up wavesecure on the status bar each time even though I'm certain I deselected it both times ??????

And yes I fully wiped each time

> Default time zone is still in China. GMT might be nice.

> Lock Screen Network is: MCR (instead of Orange... feature?)

Edited by lixcab

Guest leetron1
Nope, done it 3 times now, and bizarrely firing up wavesecure on the status bar each time even though I'm certain I deselected it both times ??????

And yes I fully wiped each time

Hi..did you wipe your ext2/3 partition too..if you selected the a2sd option but didn't format from previous build then could be the problem

Guest tonycornholio
Hi..did you wipe your ext2/3 partition too..if you selected the a2sd option but didn't format from previous build then could be the problem

Never had a2sd before on this sd card or on this phone.

Guest Frankish
That's due to Paul editing the framework. The framework form the original dump goes through fine ;)

Paul - or anyone any ideas how to get this working? so the framework can be modified to show the battery %'s?

As it is when modified all apps crash soon as you try and use them

I tried signing the framework-res.apk with Android commander, made no difference

Its not important just a nice mod me and some others like to do, or get working as its nice to see exactly how much battery is left

I already said. Just use the framework-res.apk from the original dump of the leak. It works for me just fine. Of course then you need to change wallpaper and lockscreen image if you want Pauls modification.

> Default time zone is still in China. GMT might be nice.

> Lock Screen Network is: MCR (instead of Orange... feature?)

That's instead of 'No Service'. It crashed when I left it blank. ;)

P

Guest tonycornholio

Got it booted fine, however gone for Titanium Backup to restore apps and it sits there on 'Asking for root rights...' and nothing happens

EDIT: Now working, don't know how

Edited by tonycornholio

Guest daniel2k10

ehm,

I have an issue with this alpha: Sometimes contacts are displayed with the wrong name, but what is much worse is that just in the moment I've written a sms to a person and another person in my contact list received it, but only a part of it..

Does anyone else have this too?

Guest tonycornholio
Got it booted fine, however gone for Titanium Backup to restore apps and it sits there on 'Asking for root rights...' and nothing happens

EDIT: Now working, don't know how

Rebooted and it's doing this again...

edit: killing with task manager fixed it

Edited by tonycornholio

Guest bugeyes

Just flashed Alpha2

Now being a lazy git i never like to reinstall all my apps or set everything up again

sooooo coming from a another froyo rom (Flibblesan's latest) i didnt bother to wipe anything!

did the usual clockwork backup of course then flashed the new rom!

everything works fine for me!

just the coarse navigation that will be updated as Paul does his magic!

gotta love this phone and of course the Devs who do so much to make it better!

Calendar App won't let you add any of your Google Calendars. No orange overlay bar though.

Camera crashing when taking photo (anyone else with the same bug?)

Edited by lixcab

Guest gambieter

I see A2SD/A2SD+ as options; would this allow both extension of memory on an EXT2 partition, and the use of the Froyo App2SD implementation? That would really extend RAM.

Guest waj1234

Does the apps 2 sd work that comes with froyo as standard or do you need to choose the ap2sd option? If froyo has one whats the need for the other and do both ways need a partition on sd?

Edited by waj1234

Guest igors_s
somebody can tell his experience with the battery drain?

is it like in 2.1?

with Alpha 1 i'm seeing fantastic battery performance.

with wifi on, gps on, google talk syncing and accounts syncing active it lost just over 17% in 10 hours.

Sure hope this will continue in future releases! ;)

Guest Totyasrác
Camera crashing when taking photo (anyone else with the same bug?)

Yeah :P

Crashing when I press the "please focus and take that damn picture of the tremendous amount of snow that just appeared on my car this past 30 minutes, would ya?!" button ;)