[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest targetbsp

It doesn't have AHB overclocking but Paul mentioned he was going to add overclocking a future version. HW UI is optional in the kitchen - I don't know what its default setting is on the pre-bake. Hopefully someone else does!

Guest adri2524

Just installed r12 (default kitchen options without MoDaCo additions) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: cb1718841318a63775b020e6c544edfa

How do i enable my internet connection via sim i have no option for APN since installing r12 (btw im with o2 contract and internet worked before installing r12) once i get to 4. Tap Mobile networks only options i have are - Data enabled which is checked, other options that are unchecked are - data roaming,network mode and GSM/UMTS options.

BTW my OSF build before installing r12 was - ouk_p729bv1.0.0b10 if that makes any difference! also my phone and text works ok. just no internet!

1. Press the Menu key

2. Tap Settings

3. Tap Wireless & networks

4. Tap Mobile networks

5. Tap Access Point Names

All help very much appreciated, ta.

Soz my bad! just sussed it after 4. Tap Mobile networks its then GSM/UMTS options, then APN, then o2 uk, then i can connect ok.ta

Edited by adri2524

Guest ahngau
If I untick 'Contacts' in the kitchen to use the ZTE smart dialer I get a Force Close when trying to open the dialer after installing the ROM. I did a factory/data reset before installing and also tried to format /system using Clockwork as suggested in this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...horribly-wrong/.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Yup, still Force Close on r12

Guest Len Ash
accidentally uninstalled the program for sending sms that I find the original program to send sms ???

Mms.apk - install via ADB or make an update.zip

Guest blue25i

@Paul: I have (besides the AHB bus overclock) another feature request - could you please enable overclocking in the kernel for R13?

Greetings from Germany, Erik

Guest hecatae
If I untick 'Contacts' in the kitchen to use the ZTE smart dialer I get a Force Close when trying to open the dialer after installing the ROM. I did a factory/data reset before installing and also tried to format /system using Clockwork as suggested in this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...horribly-wrong/.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

same experienced here in r12.

what I'd like to see in r13:

no google apps in system partition, gmail has been updated but no way of removing the old version in kitchen

2.2.2 updated versions of core applications

host slave apk for the usb otg capability of the blade

Edited by hecatae

Guest Nemrtvy

Is there a way how to keep wifi connected all the time? it seems to be online but when I unlock phone and start using it then wifi drops connection and get connection again within 3-4 seconds.

How to keep it alive all the time?

Thanks

Guest wsl2011

Hi, Paul

I use a ZTE V9. Do you havea custom ROM for this Device?

And i have also a HTC DHD, i just downloaded your r3 ROM. Does it support German language?

Thanks so lot!

Guest ahngau

what I'd like to see in r13:

no google apps in system partition, gmail has been updated but no way of removing the old version in kitchen

A startup script r12 will move the updated Gmail.apk to the system partition and replace the outdated one.

Guest tomc_lufc
Hi,

I downloaded the default ROM which comes with TouchPal and the Gingerbread keyboard. I also downloaded the HTC_IME separately from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416 . Unfortunately its not working. I can select the HTC_IME option from the input method menu but the keyboard never pops up when I need to use it anywhere.

FYI,I have used the HTC_IME apk from the above link before with a 2.1 ROM and it worked fine.

Could you please help me out?

Try this, http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/ it worked fine for me with this ROM.

However I would like to see a SetCPU in r13, just to be able to toy around with various settings...

Never gonna happen. The developer of SetCPU asked, not to distribute SetCPU into CustomROMs. It is, however, free for XDA-developer-members, so join their forum and enjoy.

Guest dadashi

I've installed R12 and noticed my Ext2 partition wasn't being recognized!

I tried installing darktemors App2SD-Ext2 zip file "dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed" which works fine in Cyanogen...but the R12 wouldn't boot any more after that so I erased everything and went back to FLBs rom...

Is there a fix for Ext2 support in modaco R12...?

Guest jrsayers

Hi,

Just downloaded the R12 ROM from

(http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/324786/oled-tft-09-feb-r12-modaco-custom-froyo-rom-download-online-kitchen/)

BUT Sophos detected a Spyware ( JavaKC-b ) threat.

Makes me rather nervous about using it to say the least. Anyone else had this issue? Can it be reposted minus virus?

NEWS: According to Guardo on this forum who contacted Sophos , this was a false positive. Sophos now have said it should not show up on their av screens

Edited by jrsayers

Guest AMarinos
I've installed R12 and noticed my Ext2 partition wasn't being recognized!

I tried installing darktemors App2SD-Ext2 zip file "dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed" which works fine in Cyanogen...but the R12 wouldn't boot any more after that so I erased everything and went back to FLBs rom...

Is there a fix for Ext2 support in modaco R12...?

There is nothing wrong with ext2 in r12...you can even let Clockwork format the SD, and it should work just fine...

Guest lesa0208

can anybody help me about app2sd? I format card using clockwork and rom still not show ext partition but on my pc i can see ext partition i dont know how to fix. I am using r12

Edited by lesa0208