[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dadashi
There is nothing wrong with ext2 in r12...you can even let Clockwork format the SD, and it should work just fine...

I'm using the "free" pre bake version...I wonder why R12 doesn't recognise my ext2 partition but other roms do...?

Guest lesa0208
I'm using the "free" pre bake version...I wonder why R12 doesn't recognise my ext2 partition but other roms do...?

I have same problem :/ i'am using recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8 it is cae9935b88359dc96859d39f20d8a821 is maybe that problem?

Guest dadashi

I did a fresh install and confirm R12 doesnt "see" my old Ext2 partition...Ive been using my Ext2 partition since 2.1 eclair and on older modaco froyo roms but this new R12 just doesnt see it...i think the R12 has taken Cyagen path and only supports ext3 and bove...

At least with Cyagen I can install darktremors Ext2 app.zip but R12 wont even start after the install...

I want to keep using my ext2 partition because I do go back to 2.1 eclair rom sometimes which doesnt support Ext3...

Edited by dadashi

Guest lesa0208

i try with ext3 partition same problem not show ext partition :/. Can somebody help how to set up app2sd to work properly on this rom please?

Edited by lesa0208

Guest ak167777

Just installed R12 for a month.. It is work fine for me

Just want to ask few question.

1) After rebooted the blade, it always popup bluetooth error.

Actuallly it works fine, but is it possible to remove the error?

2) I wanner remove and uninstall the WaveSecure trival version.

Could i remove it by titanium without reinstall r12 by clockwork?

3) My internet memory keep low 25~33MB~~

Could I increased my internal memory from 256 to 512MB easiler ~^^~?

Guest ahngau

The pre-baked version doesn't have a2sd support. Only the online kitchen has the option to include a2sd or a2sd+

Guest AMarinos

When you install R12, go to the Market, search for "app2sd" and install the first Apps2SD that you see on the list. Works like a charm ;-)

Just installed R12 for a month.. It is work fine for me

Just want to ask few question.

1) After rebooted the blade, it always popup bluetooth error.

Actuallly it works fine, but is it possible to remove the error?

2) I wanner remove and uninstall the WaveSecure trival version.

Could i remove it by titanium without reinstall r12 by clockwork?

3) My internet memory keep low 25~33MB~~

Could I increased my internal memory from 256 to 512MB easiler ~^^~?

1) Never seen that, but if it works OK, why bother ?

2) Simplest and fastest way: get AndRoot and RootUinstaller from Market

3) You can by using the Hungarian rom, which unlocks the extra 256MB of the EU Blade...

Edited by AMarinos

Guest dadashi
When you install R12, go to the Market, search for "app2sd" and install the first Apps2SD that you see on the list. Works like a charm ;-)

Yes with app2sd you can move apps to the sd and free up telephone memory, BUT it still doesn't solve the Ext-X partition issue....R12 still won't recognise the Ext partition and won't use it...I don't understand why it's switched off in R12

Edited by dadashi

Guest AMarinos
Yes with app2sd you can move apps to the sd and free up telephone memory, BUT it still doesn't solve the Ext-X partition issue....R12 still won't recognise the Ext partition and won't use it...I don't understand why it's switched off in R12

Again, in my case it works flawlessly, "saw" the ext2 partition right away...dunno why it fails on your blade...

Guest TheBrainKafka

hi.

im searching for the 'incoming call' fix but haven't found it yet.

Can anyone please link it for me?

Is it possible to include the fix in the r12 version before flashing the rom?

Thx

Guest tainted
Since updating from r8 to r12 I've been losing phone signal and not getting it back. A little x appears above the reception bars and the H doesn't show beside it, not sure if that's the exact same as you would see in a no signal area or not. I assume that the phone is not receiving anything when it goes into this state, and attempts to make calls, send texts and other non-WiFi usage fail. A reboot seems to fix it, so far without fail which I think rules out reception as the cause. It's intermittent but I'll keep more of an eye on it and see if there's any rhyme or reason to when it does this.

I've noticed that this sometimes happens when I switch network data off to save battery power. The data connection is switched off, as it should be, but occasionally it seems to take my 2G signal down with it. If I try making calls or sending texts, it doesn't work, so it's not just a problem with the signal icon. Turning network data back on and then off again seems to fix the problem.

I'm running r12, and I switch data on and off from the relevant screen in the settings, which I get to using a shortcut from the Power Control Plus widget.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to say thank you so much, Paul, for all your work on the San Francisco. 'Tis greatly appreciated. (:

I'm also getting this problem. If I'm on a train or in a car and move outside of a 3G area it seems to take the whole reception down when going back to 2G, meaning I can't receive/make calls or receive/send texts while it waits to go back to 2G. Like Cisco Rooter I also get a little x above the reception bars when this happens.

Not sure if it's a fault of the ROM or not, it's just I can't remember having this problem on 2.1

Edit: A quick way to reproduce this problem is by ticking the "Use only 2G networks" in settings > wireless networks > mobile networks. When ticking this option it seems to completely cut out the signal while switching to 2G.

As a test I went back to 2.1 and tried the same thing. With 2.1 the signal doesn't cut out when changing to 2G.

I can confirm that I'm also seeing this issue, hopefully it is something that can be easily fixed in the next release. :D

I am also getting this issue. It seems to happen when the phone is in standby and when you wake it up it fixes itself. Very annoying though because it means I can't receive any calls. Anyone have any idea on a cause, or a workaround/fix?

Thanks!

Guest mandragoras

Here we are,

downloaded and installed.

Just one question.

Why does not include Greek language for texting messages :D ?

I have understood that I have to install an additional keyboard

for that Instead of that, could I install anything onto the

default keyboard in order to have Greek language?

Thank you :(

Guest ak167777

1) Never seen that, but if it works OK, why bother ?

2) Simplest and fastest way: get AndRoot and RootUinstaller from Market

3) You can by using the Hungarian rom, which unlocks the extra 256MB of the EU Blade...

thanks ^^

Guest dadashi

I've installed AndRoot and RootUinstaller but still can't remove the McAffee virus software...I've also looked into the R12 zip but can't find it to remove it from rom....

Guest deksman2
I've installed AndRoot and RootUinstaller but still can't remove the McAffee virus software...I've also looked into the R12 zip but can't find it to remove it from rom....

Same issue.

I want to remove Mcaffee Wavesecure and it simply refuses because evidently it's 'part of the system'.

Guys... Mcaffee is one of the WORST possible antivirus solutions in existence.

It's detection rates are horrible and let's not forget the fiasco with system crashes nearly a year ago.

Unoptimized on top of everything else.

AVG is not that good either...

It's a shame, Avira, MSE or Avast aren't available for Android.

P.S. Which aspects can I safely remove from the phone if I'm not using them? I already removed several applications I don't need, and there are tons of stuff I find no use for, but at the same time I do not wish to remove things that could brick Android.

I want to remove most of the non-essentials that do not impair phone functions.

Guest Len Ash
Same issue.

I want to remove Mcaffee Wavesecure and it simply refuses because evidently it's 'part of the system'.

Guys... Mcaffee is one of the WORST possible antivirus solutions in existence.

It's detection rates are horrible and let's not forget the fiasco with system crashes nearly a year ago.

Unoptimized on top of everything else.

AVG is not that good either...

It's a shame, Avira, MSE or Avast aren't available for Android.

P.S. Which aspects can I safely remove from the phone if I'm not using them? I already removed several applications I don't need, and there are tons of stuff I find no use for, but at the same time I do not wish to remove things that could brick Android.

I want to remove most of the non-essentials that do not impair phone functions.

It depends what you don't need... list the apps you have (adb ls from /data/app and /system/app) and someone will run through those you can delete.

Guest Tom@MoDaCo

To remove WaveSecure, you'll have to delete com.wsandroid.com in system/app. :D You can do that on your computer before flashing the ROM on your Blade, or remove it with a root file explorer. For me the first method works great.

I got my Blade just two weeks ago. This ROM was the first one I tried and I really like it. Great performance and the battery usage is nice.

Guest kirilmanika

I installed the r12, but I notice that after almost every unlock the phone, he loses wifi signal, connects for a moment in gprs and then again returns to the wifi. The problem linked to a r12 or rather with my phone

Guest Len Ash
I installed the r12, but I notice that after almost every unlock the phone, he loses wifi signal, connects for a moment in gprs and then again returns to the wifi. The problem linked to a r12 or rather with my phone

er... that's supposed to happen. No "fault" there. If you don't understand the WiFi/GSM/Sleep relationship, have a look through some pf the posts on here via search.

Guest kirilmanika

Well I changed my Wi-Fi sleep policy.. "When screen turns off" to "Never", but the problem continues. Are there any other setting that I need to change. Also today, twice losing coverage to the operator for a minute : (

Guest AMarinos
Here we are,

downloaded and installed.

Just one question.

Why does not include Greek language for texting messages :D ?

I have understood that I have to install an additional keyboard

for that Instead of that, could I install anything onto the

default keyboard in order to have Greek language?

Thank you :(

Use AnySoftKeyboard which is the best for Greek layout ;-)

Again, if you want to uninstall something and you can't because its "system", then download a root uninstaller AND a root file manager (ES File Manager works best) and find and delete the offending files in /system/apps

Edited by AMarinos

Guest Xavier

I'm finding that on a device which has been running r12 for a week or two now that the camera app no longer stores photos. Any idea what could be the cause?