[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I's not neglected at all. You have the Swedish Spring ROM that is a great 2.2 ROM, built on the official 2.2 release, and then you have the best (highest performance) ROM if you ask me, CM7 which is 2.3.3

But CyanogenMod 7 is only for gen 2 devices, meaning plenty of people (myself included) can't install it. :\

The current version of this ROM is damn near perfect, though, so the recent lack of updates isn't such a tragic thing. I've been using it for months now, and the only real problem I've encountered is that turning off network data will occasionally cause me to lose my 2G signal until I've turned data on and back off again, which only takes a few extra seconds. And even that problem seems to have mysteriously stopped happening lately (I'm going to assume a wizard did it).

Guest targetbsp
But CyanogenMod 7 is only for gen 2 devices, meaning plenty of people (myself included) can't install it. :\

The current version of this ROM is damn near perfect, though, so the recent lack of updates isn't such a tragic thing. I've been using it for months now, and the only real problem I've encountered is that turning off network data will occasionally cause me to lose my 2G signal until I've turned data on and back off again, which only takes a few extra seconds. And even that problem seems to have mysteriously stopped happening lately (I'm going to assume a wizard did it).

There are versions that are gen1 (anything older than N39), it's easy to convert your phone to gen 2, its easy to convert cm7 to gen1... :mellow:

There are even newer Froyo's than this if you don't want Cm7. Swedish Spring supports Gen 1 and 2 and is based off a newer rom than this one was.

Guest elastico

That's not a problem. I have a gen1 phone and use the latest CM. There is a universal converter that you run after flashing a new gen2 CM ROM. I haven't had any problems so far. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but I don't have the GPS-bug that everyone is talking about so I plan to stay on gen1 until it's fixed for gen2.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rsal-converter/

I have the AHB one

Well, that shows what I know. XD Thanks muchly for the informations, I'm glad I was wrong about CM7 on gen 1 devices. I'll definitely give that a try sometime soon.

Guest steevieboy4u

Whats the latest and best ROM for the San Fran then? Can you also add a link to it as well please? :-)

Thanks

Guest steevieboy4u
This question has been asked alot already.

Personally I like cm7.

Thats not to say Pauls rom is bad because frankly its very good.CM7 is just my preference.

Link here:- http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/zte-blade

Thanks.

Which is best to use and whats the difference between them all, i've never used the site before and there are loads to choose from but with no screens shots etc its hard to decipher whats the difference between them all? :-

Stable Mod

Experimental Mod

Nightly Builds

Guest oliwek

thank you for your work, Paul. I'm running now your r12 rom in a recently purchased San francisco, but I have an issue to connect to internet as I have to enter an http proxy (without authentification, just proxy address and port) here at my work... On my other android device (HTC Hero with 2.1 rooted android) I could install Transparent Proxy but this app doesn't seem to work on not HTC devices... Error is : "Failed to start redirect.sh (null)"

Transparent Proxy is said to "work for any ROM that is rooted (i.e has su installed) and has iptables support". Is it the problem?

Anyone could help to connect through a proxy with the ZTE Blade?

thank you

edit : my proxy issue is solved, Transparent Proxy works now (it was a rooting issue with Universal Androot 1.6.2b5 : when this occurs, I have to unroot and root the smartphone back)

By the way, it would be really nice to get Proxy settings in Wifi>Settings>Advanced, as it appears several custom ROMs (Cyanogen...) solve this android issue for people behind proxies (often at school/work/...)

Edited by oliwek

Guest Psyloid

I just paid so i could use the kitchen, so, when i bake a custom rom, it doesnt do what i asked, if i for example uncheck quickoffice and wavesecure; they are still there when i install my custom rom ( I totally wiped the device !!!), what am i doing wrong???.

Guest Spies

Trying to remove appearance folder from /etc/ do i get normal market notifications etc back but on doing so it stops the phone booting, hanging on the green man, any ideas?

Guest deksman2

Hey peeps.

I have to say I'm back using this ROM compared to Sweedish Spring.

Why?

Well, this one is the fastest actually.

User interface is fast, responsive, fluid and accessing images someone sent me via a specific chat app is instantaneous when compared to other roms.

Though the battery life is a tad odd.

I did the battery calibration btw, but I still feel as if the battery drains way too quickly after what is seemingly minor use.

I removed WaveSecure along with a bunch of other apps I never use (Facebook, Twitter, etc... though not sure if those 2 were included).

May I ask how are your experiences with the battery?

In 'what's been using the battery'... under: 'Since unplugged' it says 2 days, 6 hours and 26 mins.

Android System is being reported at 91% of usage,

Cell standby at 4%,

Phone Idle at 4%

and Dialer at 2%.

I don't get it. I haven't been using the phone that much at all (barely a few short calls along with some internet browsing and gps usage - all of which lasted several mins at best and I turned them off when not in use) and I'm surprised the battery dropped to 36% after only 2 and a half days.

I will of course wait it out to see when will the battery reach 0%.

Perhaps I simply have to wait it out, and per another article on that the battery meter is effectively 'lying' to us, it's possible the usage won't be that much at 20%.

We'll see.

Right now, I'd like to know your experiences.

EDIT: In 'Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Up Time' it says: 78:24:50.

I must have forgotten that I was keeping the mobile plugged in for charging... but I hadn't kept it on a charge for a full day.

Something is off.

Someone care to help out?

How is your battery holding up?

Edited by deksman2

Guest bahador

I've got a ZTE V9, I managed to Root and install recovery manager

used Clockwork 3.0.2.4 to back up the current rom (i just had it updated to the 2.2 official upadte)

Flashed it to this ROM. system rebooted, then it did all the work via clockwork and then rebooted again.

Now i'm stuck on the andriod icon. Its just stuck on that and not doing anything.

rebooted a few times as well. still the same.

Please help

I too a back

:unsure:

Guest deksman2
I've got a ZTE V9, I managed to Root and install recovery manager

used Clockwork 3.0.2.4 to back up the current rom (i just had it updated to the 2.2 official upadte)

Flashed it to this ROM. system rebooted, then it did all the work via clockwork and then rebooted again.

Now i'm stuck on the andriod icon. Its just stuck on that and not doing anything.

rebooted a few times as well. still the same.

Please help

I too a back

:unsure:

Uhm... this ROM is for the ZTE Blade... the ZTE V9 is a 7" tablet, not a smartphone, therefore I do not think you can use this ROM with that

• 3 weeks later...
Guest goosenman

Where am I going wrong? I've already installed this rom about six weeks ago with no problem at all. I've since smashed that phone (car door accident) and bought a new one. I've followed the same instructions yet when I reboot the phone at the end of it all, it just freezes on the Android logo. I can restore back to the Orange rom, and that works fine, but this rom isn't having it.

Guest Len Ash
Where am I going wrong? I've already installed this rom about six weeks ago with no problem at all. I've since smashed that phone (car door accident) and bought a new one. I've followed the same instructions yet when I reboot the phone at the end of it all, it just freezes on the Android logo. I can restore back to the Orange rom, and that works fine, but this rom isn't having it.

Gen 1 or Gen 2 phone?

Guest targetbsp
Just tried the CM7 rom as well, does the same thing. Something isn't right in the process. Hmmm.

Well... the CM7 rom is gen 2 so it won't work. :D

You remembering to wipe?

Guest goosenman

Is this after the rom is installed?

Here's the instructions I followed last time (for this bit)

c. Once complete and back at the clockwork menu… you must wipe

d. Select wipe data/factory reset

e. Select wipe cache partition

f. Then choose reboot system now

That worked perfectly last time, but no joy this time around.

Is this after the rom is installed?

Here's the instructions I followed last time (for this bit)

c. Once complete and back at the clockwork menu… you must wipe

d. Select wipe data/factory reset

e. Select wipe cache partition

f. Then choose reboot system now

That worked perfectly last time, but no joy this time around.

I don't think you're meant to wipe after flashing a ROM. I wipe the data and cache beforehand, then when the install finishes I just reboot the system without a second wipe.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 4everlfc

Excellent stuff - thank you very much.

Nearly working as to how I want it.

1 question - the dialler/contacts phone icon button on the home screen at the bottom does not "connect" and just flashes when pressed, so nothing open or happens after pressing, anyway I can fix the broken link? The app link works ok from within the apps folder, so can I edit or delete the old icon and put in a new one linking to the one inside the apps folder?

I've googled & searched all day, my eyes are bleeding from reading :-D

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snowbord

Will this ROM be updated to support GEN2 blades?

I have 1 gen2 from new and 1 gen1 upgraded to gen2 in order to improve the radio performance.

I'm trying to get as much battery out of the blade as pos and was told that this is the rom to get.. Swedish Spring R5 is alright but I'm not confident it is giving me the best battery life. Gonna try FLB but would love to use this rom if it is indeed the ultimate when it comes to battery...

Edited by snowbord