[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest randal24

Just installed A4, so far I'm impressed. Quick, functional and no bugs seen as yet. Wifi location in Maps works brilliantly too.

Only thing I can't stand about it is that daft pre-unlock screen. Looks awful. ;)

Hi, Can someone please confirm if I need to update my ClockworkMod Recovery to the latest version before I can install this rom? I already have a version of ClockworkMod Recovery installed. thanks, ash

Guest dannyproy

For those of you looking to get back the 'original' style lockscreen of other ROMs, I've found the most hassle free way of getting this, is to install the paid for app 'Widgetlocker' from the marketplace. Aside from reverting the lockscreen style it also allows you to display widgets on the lockscreen. I'm running this on the alpha 3 release and and it's working very well!

Guest the_bone

Hi

Hoping someone can help me and have a couple of problems, they may or may not be related. . I'm on three and am struggling to receive MMS (maybe send but never send them). To try and rectify this I have added my own APNs both a normal data connection one and a separate MMS one. I have noticed that when I select the data one it automatically flicks back to the default one. In addition I am now unable to use APNdoid (I use it with Timeriffic).

Is there a way to remove the default APN? Or is there another fix

Thanks a lot.

Guest Arr Too
Is there a way to remove the default APN?

One way to do it is to delete /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db, then mount /system as writeable, edit /system/etc/apns-conf.xml to remove your victim APN, then reboot.

Guest Kthulhu
Where's your house? I'm just north of Diss.

P

I am in "Canary" city too and in front of my house it is always parked an orange VW van...are you sure it's not yours! ;)

For those of you looking to get back the 'original' style lockscreen of other ROMs, I've found the most hassle free way of getting this, is to install the paid for app 'Widgetlocker' from the marketplace. Aside from reverting the lockscreen style it also allows you to display widgets on the lockscreen. I'm running this on the alpha 3 release and and it's working very well!

some people including me find this very cluttering, my first experience with this is that it messed up my lockscreen, everytime i pressed the lockscreen it would flicker and then lock..... so i for one am still hopin for the original lock screen to be added.

Guest james112

I have been using Alpha 3 and have found that if you use player pro (dont know what else works) and the FM Radio works perfectly when playing music... you turn the volume up on player pro then start radio and get the channel and turn the volume all the way back down and the radio stays on ;) . what is happening?

Guest Ally Weir

also, if you go to the widget locker site you can avoid the transaction fee of google checkout and buy it on paypal.

Guest admanirv
I have been using Alpha 3 and have found that if you use player pro (dont know what else works) and the FM Radio works perfectly when playing music... you turn the volume up on player pro then start radio and get the channel and turn the volume all the way back down and the radio stays on ;) . what is happening?

I agree, same here.

It seems that this wont work with the stock player as you dont have the ability to turn the volume down. But like you with mixzing, if i leave it playing in the background and turn down the volume in the pre-amp, and then run the radio, the radio works fine.

One for the 'temp workaround' Paul?

Looks like it something to do with access, tokens, services? - as if i run a game whilst have radio running in the background the radio comes on again for 3 seconds when it was previously silent prior to running a game :P

Edited by admanirv

Guest admanirv
It has been mentioned in other threads that playing blank music files on any player is also fine.

Okay thanks.

How does it play a blank music file?, just create a renamed txt file or something to a .mp3 and put it on loop?

Guest taannuk

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your great job!!!

Some issues found on Alpha 1 & 3:

- Skype for Three network "Skype_0.10.0.14" shuts down when I try to log in;

- TouchPal has only English and no other languages;

- Android keyboard has a shadowed option of other languages but I cannot switch to another language chosen in the device settings.

Could you kindly look into this?

Thank you in advance!

Hi, Can someone please confirm if I need to update my ClockworkMod Recovery to the latest version before I can install this rom? I already have a version of ClockworkMod Recovery installed. thanks, ash

Anyone?

Okay thanks.

How does it play a blank music file?, just create a renamed txt file or something to a .mp3 and put it on loop?

No, that won't play as it isn't a valid mp3 (or other supported codec). It needs to be an actual music file (you can probably use audacity or something to create one, but this is getting off topic for this thread).

Guest Al_Jolson

Can someone please have a look and see if the "download" folder on their SD card still has files in it? The contents of my "download" folder get wiped every time I restart the phone. I just want to know if the problem is specific to me.

Thanks.

Guest yeawhatever

Paul,

Cheers for the great roms.Installed A3 last night and now found A4 is out..... the only 2 bugs remaining are so small and unimportant (in my eyes.....sure I might get flamed for this :P )

Just wondered with all this talk of replacement lock screens, which I would imagine involves quite a lot of work, are you planning to still have option for new style in future versions. Know running 2 styles would make life tricky. Could it be options in the kitchen?

I find the new one so much easier to use one handed and hope that with so much objection to it, you dont think that non of dont use it

Cheers for the good work.

Roll on ZTE FINALY releasing the froyo source ;)

Guest yeawhatever

Paul,

Cheers for the great roms.Installed A3 last night and now found A4 is out..... the only 2 bugs remaining are so small and unimportant (in my eyes.....sure I might get flamed for this :P )

Just wondered with all this talk of replacement lock screens, which I would imagine involves quite a lot of work, are you planning to still have option for new style in future versions. Know running 2 styles would make life tricky. Could it be options in the kitchen?

I find the new one so much easier to use one handed and hope that with so much objection to it, you dont think that non of dont use it

Cheers for the good work.

Roll on ZTE FINALY releasing the froyo source ;)

Can someone please have a look and see if the "download" folder on their SD card still has files in it? The contents of my "download" folder get wiped every time I restart the phone. I just want to know if the problem is specific to me.

Thanks.

Yes, I can confirm that. Thanks for explaining where my mp3s had gone! Very annoying!

(running late alpha3 from this lunchtime)