[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Matchstick

Has anyone managed to get the built in PPTP VPN Client to work on any of the Blade ROMS so far ?

I've set up the connection in the same was as on every other Android phone I've tried but the connection just keep timing out, without producing any evidence in the PPTP server logs.

Guest SWOriginal
The zoom in/out buttons are still not aligned in the browser.

I think that's an issue with the framework your using, the pale buttons on the other hand are an issue with this rom

Guest Totyasrác
BTW, if you're using a theme, your coarse location probably won't work (until it's based on alpha4).

P

It actually does work for me ;)

(I'm on "Revo_final" ATM - actually the lockscreen transparency is not fixed on this one yet :P)

Guest buneech
BTW, if you're using a theme, your coarse location probably won't work (until it's based on alpha4).

P

Yeah, it works for me too (in maps, can't seem to get fancy widget to update the location), using Revo theme.

Edited by buneech

Guest Totyasrác
Yeah, it works for me too (in maps, can't seem to get fancy widget to update the location), using Revo theme.

Yaeh, I've only checked with Maps too - will install Fancy just to see if it's workin' or not ;)

Edit: installed - doesn't seem to get location via 3G :P

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest oliphillips
Plenty of trains between here and Norwich so it's quite possible for me. A little MoDaCo event would be cool. Might even be worth waiting for some nice weather and do a UK version of the Android BBQ ;)

Would be cool, fellow East Anglian here, In Bury St. Edmunds.

Plenty of trains between here and Norwich so it's quite possible for me. A little MoDaCo event would be cool. Might even be worth waiting for some nice weather and do a UK version of the Android BBQ :P

I'm up for that since it's actually no problem for me as I live in Norwich too. ;)

Guest Frankish

So is coarse location working or not for those people using my themes? Because i don't want to do any more until i update the old ones if that is the case?!

Guest Totyasrác
So is coarse location working or not for those people using my themes? Because i don't want to do any more until i update the old ones if that is the case?!

Revo works with Maps (but apparently not with FancyWidget). At least for me ;)

What version of rom you running. This used to be in one of first alphas, but paul corrected it to display MCR if your provider wasnt on list (of hardcoded providers)

MCR alpha 4.

I'm on the Dutch Network of T-Mobile.

It's not a big issue, with my current background it's not even visible when locked.

USB-tethering works great (for the other person who mentioned it not working).

Guest Frankish

Did Fancy Widget update weather before you applied the theme?

Guest Archer23

Battery usage on this ROM seems much higher than 2.1.. and looking at my batt stats, seems to be the dialer ;)

Do i need to use the ZTE dialer?

Also.. anyone had experience of apps restoring themselves once killed in Advanced Task Manager?!

Edited by Archer23

Guest Archer23
ive read somewhere never to use a task killer it does more harm than good.

not an answer to ur questin jus thawt i'd thro it in there ;)

Ahhh really?! :P

Do those apps not use up battery whilst sitting there though? There's alot of em!

http://www.droid-den.com/android-guides/an...e-a-task-killer

that links tells u everything about task killers and how they actually worsen your battery life, i found loads more sites saying the same things.

btw those apps dont realy use much battery if u dont use them then they become idle and dont use any battery. i suggest using watchdog lite, it tells u when an app is using to much memory/cpu and asks u if u want to keep it running. it also stops corrupt apps running.

I will be moving my rom over to use the new Chinese ROM but I need to find a way to replace the lockscreen first. I have a few ideas but not got round to trying anything yet.

please do it soon fibblesan.

I am waiting for another ROM from you.